3 screens for GT Sport using MST capable monitors. Does it work?

• Thread starter Luke_Raus
  • 7 comments
United States
United States
Has anyone tried to connect 3 MST capable monitors on a daisy chain using DP 1.2 and then when connecting to the PS4 using an active DP port to HDMI adaptor and see if it works? Based on all the reading that I did so far, the MST (Multi-Stream Transport) monitors would do the image splitting "naturally". Downside is the quality that is limited to 1080p 60hz, so no UHD or 4K. Another thing that I don't know is if the game (not sure if at the PS4 Pro settings or GT Sport settings) would need to be adjusted to screen size 66"screen (3x22"monitors), 72" screen (3x24"monitors) and so on... you get the idea.
Curious to know if there would be any technical issue/impediment that someone may have already thought of or actually encounter when actually trying it out.

I watched a few YouTube videos where the recurrent comment was only on limitations by the graphics card when talking about pixeled or stretched video. The technicality was more on the number of screens where 4K at higher rates than 60hz wouldn't be possible for more than 2 screens. However, full HD at 60hz would/could work. But I am not a technician myself and not very versed on all that matter reason I am asking. Thanks though.

Has anyone tried to connect 3 MST capable monitors on a daisy chain using DP 1.2 and then when connecting to the PS4 using an active DP port to HDMI adaptor and see if it works? Based on all the reading that I did so far, the MST (Multi-Stream Transport) monitors would do the image splitting "naturally". Downside is the quality that is limited to 1080p 60hz, so no UHD or 4K. Another thing that I don't know is if the game (not sure if at the PS4 Pro settings or GT Sport settings) would need to be adjusted to screen size 66"screen (3x22"monitors), 72" screen (3x24"monitors) and so on... you get the idea.
Curious to know if there would be any technical issue/impediment that someone may have already thought of or actually encounter when actually trying it out.

I was with you all the way up to “ Has anyone tried to connect “ :boggled:

I was with you all the way up to “ Has anyone tried to connect “ :boggled:
Dude... right!? Enticing and then a bummer... I know because I've been obsessed about this possibility but can't find anyone who tried it yet. I may become the first one actually. Thinking about buying the god damn monitors and a PC all together. Worst case scenario if it does not work with the PS4 I already have the PC and then just move to iRacing. Sorry for the disappointment.

4k on 55" is pretty nice.
Sure, could be improved, but you would need two more PS4s for rendering.
I hope this blast from the past with 3 PS2s and 3 screens comes back with the PS5.
Probably still cheaper than a PC that can render 3x4k.
I'm already saving. 3x43" should be pretty dope.

Cool. Hopefully. Currently, I am on a 58"4K HDR standing right in front of my wheel... but something tell me that the perspective of FOV using 3 screens is different and better. Thanks for the insight.

Back