300k Endurance at Grand Valley :: Times, Cars, and Experience

  • Thread starter Thread starter JeremiahFyffe
  • 298 comments
  • 49,372 views
I'm a little surprised that so far only one other person has tried to put together a race that was challenging.

I'm interested in other cars and setups that would make a challenge of this race.
 
I'd rather lose by a second than win by ten laps.
 
Did the event again today and, again, in my trusty FT-86 G-Sports Concept '10, again on soft sport tyres. And again, 2 hours, 11 minutes :dopey:

Instead of roughly one lap, I won by almost three this time. Seems like the overall performance of the AI cars differc quite a lot.
 
I used the RE-Amemiya street RX7. Started the race on sport hards, pitted around lap 26, then again on lap 50 for some sport-softs to finish the race strong. I lapped the 2nd place car on the 58th lap. Good fun.
 
I used the RE-Amemiya street RX7. Started the race on sport hards, pitted around lap 26, then again on lap 50 for some sport-softs to finish the race strong. I lapped the 2nd place car on the 58th lap. Good fun.

Did you tune the car at all? Sounds like a nice race. Also, do you remember your average lap times?
 
Esprit V8 '02 tuned to ~430bhp with R1 tyres, an easy but fun race - borderline impossible to drive with bald back tires:D
 
Has that been patched yet? It's so annoying that the old BMC Mini is considered a German car....:grumpy:

The oldest Mini is from 1996, if I'm not mistaken. By that time, MINI was already owned by BMW. And, because BMW held 100% of the shares, there was no british company producing the MINI anymore, just a subsidary of BMW.
Therefore, MINI turned into a German company in 1994, when it was completely bought by BMW.
 
Did you tune the car at all? Sounds like a nice race. Also, do you remember your average lap times?

The car has racing exhaust (mainly for the improved sound) but it is otherwise stock. On the sport-hards the car understeers quite a bit. With the sport-softs it is one of the best handling cars (if not the best) that I own. Turn in is surgical precise and the rear rotates beautifully, but it is (almost) always catchable. Probably tied for my favorite car in the game (first being the other RE-Amemiya car)

With sport-hards, my lap times were fairly consistent 2:09's degrading down to 2:15 as they wore out. The last ten laps I was lapping fairly close to 2:00 flat with the sport-softs, it made that much of a difference. I think the AI cars are on racing tires, because the nsx kept coming up to me in the corners for the first few laps. All in all, I would say that the RE car is very good for this race, but the fuel mileage is pretty bad. I would have easily run out if I had not done TWO splashes.
 
Tempted to do this tonight.. if i split it up into 3 stints at the wheel and take a 1- min pause break inbetween it might be worth it... Well it would be if it was a decent prize car and 1 million credits but...
 
The car has racing exhaust (mainly for the improved sound) but it is otherwise stock. On the sport-hards the car understeers quite a bit. With the sport-softs it is one of the best handling cars (if not the best) that I own. Turn in is surgical precise and the rear rotates beautifully, but it is (almost) always catchable. Probably tied for my favorite car in the game (first being the other RE-Amemiya car)

With sport-hards, my lap times were fairly consistent 2:09's degrading down to 2:15 as they wore out. The last ten laps I was lapping fairly close to 2:00 flat with the sport-softs, it made that much of a difference. I think the AI cars are on racing tires, because the nsx kept coming up to me in the corners for the first few laps. All in all, I would say that the RE car is very good for this race, but the fuel mileage is pretty bad. I would have easily run out if I had not done TWO splashes.

Nope. All the AI cars in this event use soft sports tyres.
 
first attempt was in the GT-R SpecV '09 (fully tuned).
around 2 hours to finish.

second time i took the Zonda R fully tuned. cut 15 minutes off the overall time.

third time, 1.5 hours in the Formula Gran Turismo.

currently on a 2nd run in b-spec in the Camaro SS RM '10.

nothing really to report as far as happenings. pretty cut-and-dry. win as quickly as possible.
 
Hello, been lurking for awhile but this thread got me to come out and post since I'd just unlocked Endurance.

I search the dealer lot for a new RWD car to pick up because generally I don't like the way 4WD cars handle, but eventually picked up an '09 Audi TTS Coupe, the specs looked right for the event and man the car looks good in 'Sprintblau Pearleffekt' :)

I was delighted to find that the sightlines out of the cockpit were great and the car's guages are easy to see and actually use to time shifts. It was a comfortable car to drive for 2+ hours. I added only a 1-plate clutch and sports flywheel upgrade, as well as adding a racing filter, gutting the cat and changing oil. Final specs 300hp on the dot and 1415kg weight.

I started the race on hard sports and after clearing the pack by lap 10 I slowly started to reel in the leader, an 'Evo X GSR P.P.' (lol wut?). I wanted to get a little over 20 laps each out of two sets of hard compounds before switching to mediums for a shorter sprint at the end. I finally got by the Evo around lap 20 but lap times had fallen from the 2m17s zone to 2m25s or worse...I wanted to outlast the Evo but on lap 25 I was re-passed and limped in on shot tires. It turns out the Evo was on a 1-stop strategy with a pit on lap 30, but in those 5 laps he caught traffic and got stuck, and I erased the deficit and took the lead back before lap 30.

After that, the race was essentially won, I just had to monitor the gap for my second stop and in fact the Evo lost 2nd to an '08 Fairlady Z (Z34), which I beat by a margin of 1 minute.

Total time for completion 2h18m34s. Fast lap on mediums and a draft was 2m12s.

Oh BTW I counted 24 gearchanges/lap so that's roughly 1440 gearchanges for the event. :dopey:
 
I did it yesterday in a (389BHP/ 1st weight reduction)commodore. I forget what time I got or how far in front I was (wasn't much though).
 
Some good suggestions for close racing here. 👍 I raced my first GT5 enduro at GVS yesterday with a stock Spoon S2000 and when equipped with S2 tyres should provide a fun race. Also did a little write up of it here.

If you are planning to do these closer races keep an eye out for NSX's in the grid. Those cars are very quick and are usually miles ahead of the other AI's. In some cases it may be best to reset the race to get a more even grid.
 
I want to do the race again with something FWD, but the NSX will ruin my day for sure. ha
 
If you are planning to do these closer races keep an eye out for NSX's in the grid. Those cars are very quick and are usually miles ahead of the other AI's. In some cases it may be best to reset the race to get a more even grid.

That's something I noticed as well. If you prepare to face the NSX and it's not there, you'll destroy everyone else. If you don't and it does turn up, you're toast...
 
Oh BTW I counted 24 gearchanges/lap so that's roughly 1440 gearchanges for the event. :dopey:

I love it! It was funny to me the things I found myself thinking about as I made my way around and around that track.

Maybe I need to start a thread for the random thoughts and obsessive compulsive behaviors sparked by endurance races.
 
If you watch a replay you can switch to each car and when you do you can see the tyres they are using.
 
I used the Amuse S2000 GT1 and won by many laps after about 2 hours. With Enduros I don't try for a close race, I'm not going to risk losing after hours of driving, I just pick a sweet ride and spend the time continually trying to beat my fastest lap :)

Very good strategy, why drag it out.:)
 
I got to about 48 laps but then I had to go so I turned it off, another day, i guess
 
I tried a conservative approach and used my trusty mate, a Subaru Impreza '10 Sedan. The car had got me trough the Intermediate rally events, and it was barely tuned (Bodykit, and a couple of little performance mods. Just like 15K in mods). I ripped trough the competition even though I'm a tire-eating monster (I pitted 3 times! Every 20 laps.), and I won by a lot. I drove the 2 hours straight, even though my G27 started smelling a bit toasty, and found the experience quite fun 👍.

Now, the bad part. 150k and a stupid old Honda prototype??? I feel offended PD...
 
I just did it last night with a pretty heavily modified new Miata, 280ish HP, 3 stage weight reduction and racing hards. It was pretty easy, I won by about 3 laps on the #2 RX-8. Tires seemed to make a huge difference.
 
Yesterday unlocked Level 25....

First 300km: Mazda Furai - 1h59m

Second 300km: Peugot 908 Hdi FAP - 1h46m

Both were horrible drives and I am having a lot of trouble being disciplined with the DSC. Might need to invest in a steering wheel and a new TV. :p
 
I used a "stock" Integra Type R RM.
Don't remember the time, but I was lazily running around 2:08's usually, was hoping it'd be closer, didn't know how easily it'd destroy them.
Won by about 2 laps.
Guess I'll try it with a truly "stock" Integra Type R next.
 
Mine is pretty good. Used a mildly modified Honda S2000. (Racing exhaust, cat converter, racing suspension, sport hard tires) Started the race by leisurely racing with the AI cars and hung out in 4th place for a while. The FD RX-7 that started in the back got in a hurry and passed me, so I decided it was probably time to go. By the time I got up to second place behind him, he was 20+ seconds ahead.

At this point my leisurely drive turned into an all out battle. I pushed that car as hard as I could and finally started catching him when his tires started letting go. By the time I caught him, we both needed to pit, so when I came in I took tires only (no fuel) and headed back out.

I was able to stay out front for a while but he eventually caught up and passed me on the front straight. We kept about a ~10 second distance between the two of us before we had to pit again with about 10 laps to go. (I needed fuel, him tires) Unfortunately when I pitted I had trouble selecting my options with the buttons on the DFGT and forgot to push the "OK" button when I was done. Needless to say he beat me out of the pits because of that and started pulling away. With 5 laps to go he caught a few lapped cars which slowed him down enough for me to catch up.

I used one of the cars as a pick to get past him, and tried to get away. People on here that know me would probably consider me a good driver. I currently sit in the 20's for GT Academy in the Western region. I could not pull away from this AI car. I fought off a couple of his passing attempts, without making any contact, and narrowly beat him to the line by .6xx of a second.

Best endurance race I've EVER had.
 
used an LFA on Sport Soft tires. just suspension work and oil change. i wish i used a.... not so powerful car as sure it was fun driving the LFA but the win was too easy so that makes it boring.

just started my tsukuba 3hr roadster race too, also boring in a 220hp NC miata on SS lol
 
Back