Aston Martin Lagonda Taraf- Now available in UK , Europe and South Africa.

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 58 comments

RocZX

Premium
United States
New York
Aston Martin's resurrected Lagonda saloon will be available exclusively in the Middle East,

Drawing inspiration from the original pointy Lagonda of the late 1970s, Aston's new limited run sports saloon is the work of the firm's "Q" special project division.

Very few technical details have been shared publicly, and the only concrete information we have is that the new Lagonda is built on the VH platform architecture that underpins the Rapide saloon. However, it's almost a given that the Lagonda will be powered by AM's 5.9-liter V12 engine, which in the latest Rapide S, kicks out 552hp (560PS) and 630Nm.

The first production samples are expected to land in the Middle East in 2015.
CarScoops

AM-Lagonda-01.jpg

AM-Lagonda-03.jpg

AM-Lagonda-02.jpg

I think this is a much more handsome car than the rapide. I wonder why it will only be available in the middle east? Perhaps safety and emissions reasons? That front end doesn't look particularly pedestrian friendly.

I forgot all about the Rapide! Thanks for reminding me that it existed.

I think the Rapide is gorgeous. But the Lagonda is more elegant and and considering that it's a completely different design it looks very well finished. If I could afford to, I'd demand they make me one for the US.

I mean, the old-school Lagonda was pretty cool in a weird way. This one seems to reflect much of that. Just, uh, not sure if I'd want one over the Rapide.

Modern sedan that looks low instead of 10 feet tall. It also looks like a good Aston without looking like a DB9.

I think this is a much more handsome car than the rapide. I wonder why it will only be available in the middle east? Perhaps safety and emissions reasons? That front end doesn't look particularly pedestrian friendly.

Here's what aston said in an Autocar article I read:
Autocar
Sales are by invitation only and official pricing has not been released, with Aston Martin simply stating that "it will be commensurate with the car's exclusivity, quality and luxurious nature".

The Lagonda will also only be offered in the Middle East due to a "specific market demand".

Here's what aston said in an Autocar article I read:

I see that. I still think they could sell these things like crazy in the USA. I'd wager it was a limited budget development and wouldn't meet certain restrictions in the US/EU market....

Further, I would speculate that this trend will continue/accelerate in the future. I think we'll see a lot of mid-east specials.

That's a good looking car, surprisingly. Only available in the Middle East is a bit surprising, but not worrying. In the end, I think owners with enough pull will get one if they wish as I doubt all the One-77 & vintage owners live in the Middle East.

I think it looks terrible, like they got Kia to rebody a Rapide.

Shame because I was looking forward to a new design language from Aston, perhaps something to bring back the brutish look of the V8 Vantage.

I actually quite like the old Lagonda, in a 70's/80's angular kind of way.. but this... doesn't look like it's worth more than £50k, never-mind £1,000,000

It look's... old, to me and not in a good way. I like the sides when viewing it on an angle but not straight on. The rest is mediocre at best IMO.

I really like the front end. That C-pillar looks a bit tacked on, but I can see why they went for a bulky one. The rear end, while different, still has the same general proportions as this:

Infiniti-M45_2003_photo_07.jpg

...which is what I kept seeing when I was looking at the shots earlier today. Still, overall, I like it. Shame it's ME-only.

Wild WAILMER appeared!

320Wailmer.png

The front grille is too big and gaping for me. Like baleen plates. But that aside, it does looks rather nice. Still retaining the Ford styling cues, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I wonder why it will only be available in the middle east?

Because oil money.

People in the middleeast are rich

So Aston can make a car for their market and price it at what they want.
Since it is not in any other market no one can really say "ripping us off"

The rear end, while different, still has the same general proportions as this:

Infiniti-M45_2003_photo_07.jpg

...which is what I kept seeing when I was looking at the shots earlier today. Still, overall, I like it. Shame it's ME-only.

And, now that I really look at it, the greenhouse is so Cadillac G-Body that it hurts.

I like it, finally something that looks different from the other AM stuff. It has a nice Rolls-Royce simplicity to it.

I'm surprised they don't also sell it in China.

This is the much needed breath of fresh air for AM that was long overdue. I'm sure consumer interest would lead it to being marketed and sold to the rest of the world.

Hate it when company's sell certain car's to certain countries or continents. Ok I get it that not many people are going to buy a 3500 Silverado truck in England or Switzerland for example, but those are extremes. I'm talking about cars like these. Another example is the Skyline sedan, we don't have it here in Saudi, but when I show the car to any of my friends they love it. Especially since it's a RWD Japanese sedan, which there aren't many.

Last edited:
It's certainly a breath of fresh air from a company that needed to refresh their designs.👍

Another example is the Skyline sedan, we don't have it here in Saudi, but when I show the car to any of my friends they love it.

But would they buy a new one?

Especially since it's a RWD Japanese sedan, which there aren't many.

Which is probably related to the above, people seem to love RWD Japanese sedans, they just don't like buying them.

It's certainly a breath of fresh air from a company that needed to refresh their designs.👍

But would they buy a new one?

Which is probably related to the above, people seem to love RWD Japanese sedans, they just don't like buying them.

When most people buy cars they look at price, quality, then accessories. FWD Nissan's don't sell well in Saudi for some odd reason. Most people buy Honda, Toyota and Hyundai if they want a low/medium priced car. There is also a growing trend in American FF cars because of the same reason.

Except from the big RWD Hyundai Sedans like Centennial/Equus, which have average sales (bought mostly by older women and men) and is too expensive for younger people, there aren't a lot of RWD Japanese/Asian cars. The Skyline sedan is cheaper than the Centennial/Equus, and therefore appeal to the younger people that want a medium priced Japanese sedan.

Latest Posts

Back