Aston Martin Lagonda Taraf- Now available in UK , Europe and South Africa.

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 58 comments
Back end side profile reminds me too much of a newer dodge dart or hellcat charger without vents. It's interesting overall though.

Don't like it at all, people say AM needs to change their design because everything looks like a DB9, while I agree that everything looks like a DB9, I don't see much wrong with every AM looking like one of the most beautiful modern cars of all time. I do agree that they need to change their designs of cars but, this is not the way to go, I'd take a Rolls Royce over one of these easily.

Front grille is too huge, rear looks a bit lifted from a Lincoln MKZ, but overall...I like it. I figured that harkening back to the design cues of one Aston Martin's less impressive cars would be hideous, but thankfully, that's not the case.

Shame that I'll probably never see one in person, but that's the breaks.

I thought I had seen that car before, who stole who's idea?

AM-Lagonda-03.jpg

peugeot-exalt-9972-8.jpg

I thought I had seen that car before, who stole who's idea?

AM-Lagonda-03.jpg

peugeot-exalt-9972-8.jpg
Hate to break it to you but the only visual similarity between these cars is that they have four doors. Besides that they have basically nothing in common. This is the hardest string pull I've seen in a while, actually.

Keef
Hate to break it to you but the only visual similarity between these cars is that they have four doors. Besides that they have basically nothing in common. This is the hardest string pull I've seen in a while, actually.

Yeah. It's obvious they stole Ford's ideas:

1992-Ford-Taurus-SHO-side-view.jpg

proxy.php

2007-cadillac-dts-l-photo-123556-s-1280x782.jpg

Reminds me of how the LFA totally kept the Supra look.

Last edited:
There wasn't a single ugly Aston Martin made the previous decade (at least to me). This one may be the most horrid Aston Martin in the modern era, and it is rare Aston Martin makes a non-gorgeous car. I'd rather the Aston Martin Rapide than this thing as far as four-door Aston Martins are concerned. I will credit AM for a design different from their sports cars, but no me gusta on this Lagonda. For the market where this AM is sold... you can have it.

I don't know like it and hate it at the same time.

The c pillar doesn't flow like it does on the old one.

AM-Lagoinda-1.jpg

The interior looks sexy

AM-Lagoinda-10.jpg

AM-Lagoinda-7.jpg

It will be called Lagonda Taraf and it could be available in other countries
Top Gear
The "finest of fast cars" as Aston calls it has now been named the Lagonda ‘Taraf', and has made its debut in Dubai. This is because the car will be exclusively sold in the Middle East. Or will it?

At the launch of the Lagonda Taraf, Aston's new CEO Andy Palmer noted that global interest in the car was ‘extremely high', which has made the company rethink its sales strategy.

"I can confirm today that we are also evaluating the opportunity to offer this Lagonda in other markets," he added.

As expected of a luxury saloon, it's a strictly VIP affair: Aston is offering the Taraf on an invitation only basis, with pricing kept under wraps.

Why the Middle East for the car's launch, you might ask? Aston design chief Marek Reichman recently revealed to TopGear.com that many of the original Towns-designed Lagondas found homes in the region, which made the strategy for this new car a no-brainer.

"The Lagonda nameplate has always had a particular appeal for our customers in the Middle East," Palmer confirmed. "I'm sure those who take the opportunity to purchase the new Lagonda will be proud to own what will doubtless go on to become a piece of luxury automotive history."
Top Gear

Aston-Martin-Lagonda-4.jpg

Aston-Martin-Lagonda-2.jpg

Aston-Martin-Lagonda-14.jpg

Wonder if they'll keep the Taraf nameplate for cars sold outside the Middle East if they do decide to expand into other markets. Though "Lagonda Edge" would sound more like a redesigned Ford crossover than a highly exclusive Aston.

It will be called Lagonda Taraf and it could be available in other countries

Top Gear

Aston-Martin-Lagonda-4.jpg

Aston-Martin-Lagonda-2.jpg

Aston-Martin-Lagonda-14.jpg
Wonder if they'll keep the Taraf nameplate for cars sold outside the Middle East if they do decide to expand into other markets. Though "Lagonda Edge" would sound more like a redesigned Ford crossover than a highly exclusive Aston.

'Taraf' means Luxury in Arabic.

They should stick to making coupes(2-door). I'm not a fan of either the Rapide or the Lagonda, but this one looks okay in that white/cream? color.

I really hope the next DBs look like this. Oh god what a stunning car. This is as smooth and elegant as the original DB9. Unfortunately, that car has gotten progressively more hideous as time has gone on.

After looking at it again in a color that (strangely) isn't black, I'm getting a ridiculously hard Lincoln Continental vibe from it. Like if this had a Lincoln badge on it, I think I would like it even more. Lincoln, please do something like this. Even the tail lights are similar to what Lincoln is doing these days.

Lagonda Taraf is now available in UK , Europe and South Africa. Only 200 will be made.

Aston Martin will now accept orders for the Lagonda Taraf – the latest in a proud line of saloons revered worldwide as ‘the finest of fast cars’ – from prospective owners in more major markets. It is now available to clients in EU legislation-compliant Continental Europe, the United Kingdom and South Africa, with the Lagonda Taraf now re-engineered to be available in either left or right-hand drive.

CEO, Dr Andy Palmer said: “Opening up the Lagonda Taraf to an increased number of customers around the world was a high priority for me as soon as I joined Aston Martin late last year. I wanted to be able to offer this exceptional saloon to the potential owners from around the globe who have been enquiring about it, and I’m very happy that we have been able to expand the Lagonda proposition.”

Initially available only to buyers in the Middle East, where it was launched in Dubai late last year, the Lagonda Taraf is being built in a strictly limited small series of no more than 200 cars.

The 6.0-litre V12-engined super saloon is being offered to clients through Aston Martin’s VIP sales programme with precise pricing details remaining confidential, and likely to be significantly different in each case due to very high levels of bespoke content. Naturally, each Lagonda customer will have the option of ensuring their car is truly unique by personalising it via the popular Q by Aston Martin bespoke service.

Dr Palmer said: “As a result of today’s announcement we anticipate very quick expressions of interest from customers around the world, many of whom will want to add Lagonda to their luxury and sports car collections.

“Aside from its confident style, many buyers will also recognise this Lagonda Taraf as a piece of automotive history, following in the tracks of its distinguished predecessor the William Towns Lagonda.”

He added: “I’m also particularly pleased that we have been able to engineer Lagonda for right-hand drive markets meaning, of course, that I’m sure we will see the car in use on Aston Martin’s ‘home ground’ of the UK in due course.”
Aston Martin

I am liking the look of this car. & the V12 engine takes my fancy for a sedan since in my area the big sedans only have 6 & 8 cylinder engines . However unless this car ever came into Gran Turismo I am unable to drive it.

Back