More Motorsports or more road going vehicles in GT7?

• Thread starter ssman244
  • 88 comments

Motorsports or Road Going which would you prefer more of?

• Motorsports

Votes: 73 41.2%
  • Road Going

Votes: 104 58.8%

• Total voters
Australia
Australia
ssman15
Now there has been alot of talk about what new cars people want to see in GT7 and beyond. However I would like to ask the question on what type of cars you would like to be seeing more of in Gran Turismo games in the future.

Currently there are a vast majority of road going cars to select from in the dealerships and a varying aray of race cars. Some of these racecars can be picked out individualy from international racing e.g. Lexus IS200 GT1 race car and then you have a larger majority of Super Gt, NASCAR and varying Le Mans racers.

The question I pose is that would you prefer to see more racecars (if so what cars in particular, what championship??) or would you prefer to see an expansion on road going cars (if so current standards upgraded or new cars all together??)

I personally was thinking, if a new set of cars were brought in there could be new classes.
e.g. BTCC racers (Civics, BMW's, Focus etc.) These could be base models with livery options?
Blancpain GT3, more livery options for exsisting GT3 cars?
V8 Supercars (VF Commodore, GF Falcon, S60 Volvo, Nissan Altima, Merc E63) Base models with livery options ?? (For all those Aussies who drive the AU XR8 around Bathurst countless times :D)

I want to know your ideas in some mototsports that you would think be popular and Cars that you think would make an impact in GT7.

Without "wishing", GT7 need more 3-box 4-door sedans. PREMIUM! So many hatchbacks. We had saloons in GT2 and that just stopped. I think all we have in addition to the new Charger are, the M5, C63, ISF and Skyline 350GT. The Imprezas, Lancers and R8 Gordini are compact sedans. The electric luxury saloons are alright, but not proper super saloons.

I think that more super cars should be added to create a better balance of cars overall. In my opinion, some of those older 90s and 00s sports cars and super cars should be made premium, for example the different types of imprezas, Lancer Evos, etc. Just the cars that have duplicates that are all standard, they should just take the latest or best year of the version of that model, make it premium, and get rid of all of its duplicates. Honestly they should just do that with all duplicates that dont already have premium versions. Those that do like the R34 and S2000 should just get their duplicates taken away.

Why can't we have both?
They don't outsource, so PD's modeling capacity is limited. They've averaged about 40 unique premiums per year, unique meaning not including same car/different livery or nearly identical versions of the same car like the Huayra. At 40/year that doesn't leave a lot of room for experimentation nor for modeling old standards and turning them into premiums.

They don't outsource, so PD's modeling capacity is limited. They've averaged about 40 unique premiums per year, unique meaning not including same car/different livery or nearly identical versions of the same car like the Huayra. At 40/year that doesn't leave a lot of room for experimentation nor for modeling old standards and turning them into premiums.
This is true and if they're going to make more premium cars for GT7, they might aswell not make premium duplicates and focus on new and exciting cars that can reach to a wider audience. This is what happened with the addition of NASCAR as it was in high demand for GT5. And considering GT7 will be on the new console, Kas has already admitted how much more they can pump into the simulation racing world with the software and hopefully this means a whole lot more in terms of international racing and road cars with extensive premium developments.

I'd be satisfied with a 75/25% split in favour of road cars. GT has never been a great racing game, and I don't see that changing for the GT7. Road cars are where the bulk of the library has always lied, and I'd hazard a guess that it also appeals to a broader audience than race cars.

I like both road and race cars to be added to GT7...
As someone else pointed out i like the "turn your road car into a race car" philosophy...
The race number stickers added to the external tuning, additional gauges, painted brakes, and so on, can turn a road car into a race car wannabe...
IMHO the perfect thing would be if with the various weight reduction upgrades you strip off parts of your road car cockpit turning it into a race cockpit...
Add to that a livery editor and you can make a nice road to race car...
Obviously your AI opponents should be able to tune their cars too so in the first races you will drive against basic road cars with just the number sticker and race after race you will find more and more tuned AI cars until you reach the races where race cars only (like JGTC or ALMS) are allowed...

Last edited:
Why can't we have both?
I was going to post this in a Deon Sanders voice. ;)

I'd like to have both too, in a more 50/50 split. There are a few new sports cars I'd love to see in Gran Turismo. But what I'd really like to see are a bunch more race cars of various classes and leagues. As Riblo says above, and I've been asking for, for years, Race Mod needs to return. This and the Livery Editor would allow us to make an endless stable of race cars suitable for various leagues, or leagues of our creation. The merest taste of what we got in GT5 should be expanded on. I'm hoping that a Spec 2 update will give that to us. But short of that, Kaz has that FIA license and support to play with, and will be talking with every motorsports group he can phone and email, so I'm hoping something good comes of this.

-> I'd like more road-going cars for GT, especially homologated version of its race cars.

-> Codemasters/iRacing/Project Cars can have all the Motorsport-based race cars. Those guys update their rosters very well!

I love the un-ordinary as whell as the ordinary mix of road going cars and would like to keep it near what it is now but trimmed down from the cookie cutter replica models.
On the other side with the race cars... I want more raw feeling race cars with a personality instead of the dry and predictable, stale cars they are now.

I love the un-ordinary as whell as the ordinary mix of road going cars and would like to keep it near what it is now but trimmed down from the cookie cutter replica models.
On the other side with the race cars... I want more raw feeling race cars with a personality instead of the dry and predictable, stale cars they are now.

I think that the reasons why the race cars are boring and uninteresting to race with is because 1) Most of the race cars in the same class are mechanically the same car so there really not going to be that different 2) Most of the race cars are standard and not only are the graphics from PS2 but for the most part, so are the physics. Generally, the physics from GT4 was boring to me, so I understand why you think that they're stale. I hope that in the future PD will make the race cars more interesting.

Gran turismo should include cars from accross the range for example not just the V8 or the high performance model.

Example: The new Holden VF range

Holden Commodore Evoke (Base Model)
Holden Sports Automatic Ute (Base Model)
Holden Commodore SV6
Holden Commodore SV6 Ute
Holden Commodore SV6 Storm (Special Edition)
Holden Commodore SV6 Storm Ute (Special Edition)
Holden Commodore SS
Holden Commodore SS Ute
Holden Commodore SS Storm (Special Edition)
Holden Commodore SS Storm Ute (Special Edition)
Holden Commodore SSV
Holden Commodore SSV Redline Edition
and etc.

I have a unkind thought of why Polyphony left out Dodge Nascar cars and also the cars StigBelcherstyl listed. Also the lack of Viper Race cars only 1 but with two variants. However there are 5 or 6 Corvettes.

Gran turismo should include cars from accross the range for example not just the V8 or the high performance model.

Example: The new Holden VF range

Holden Commodore Evoke (Base Model)
Holden Sports Automatic Ute (Base Model)
Holden Commodore SV6
Holden Commodore SV6 Ute
Holden Commodore SV6 Storm (Special Edition)
Holden Commodore SV6 Storm Ute (Special Edition)
Holden Commodore SS
Holden Commodore SS Ute
Holden Commodore SS Storm (Special Edition)
Holden Commodore SS Storm Ute (Special Edition)
Holden Commodore SSV
Holden Commodore SSV Redline Edition
and etc.

This is exactly the situation the Skylines have in the game, and people have been whining about it. :rolleyes:

I have a unkind thought of why Polyphony left out Dodge Nascar cars and also the cars StigBelcherstyl listed. Also the lack of Viper Race cars only 1 but with two variants. However there are 5 or 6 Corvettes.

Dodge wasn't a big force in 2010 or 2011. The game only included the big guns in regards to NASCAR.
-----------
I'll not vote in the poll. GT needs a good balance of road and race cars.

Last edited:
They should focus on road cars and offer more tools to let us turn them into racers. I've always liked racing in GT best when it makes a convincing representation of club racing.

Race mods cannot return in the same form as their previous incarnations, because it's an inefficient use of effort. There must be a way to use the same tools to create a rally version or a touring car or silhouette racer from the same car.

They can include a select few of the iconic real world racers, as they already do.

It won't be, I would like to see a dealership option though were you can drive onto a lot and buy a car. Lol.
That would be very cool and if it had diff. Locations, but the locations would have to be even larger to have all dealerships (which is even cooler) ;)

Road cars that can be upgraded to "Race Specs". (including livery applications). :ill:

ss3
That would be very cool and if it had diff. Locations, but the locations would have to be even larger to have all dealerships (which is even cooler) ;)

GTA 5 does not have that, I highly doubt PD would bother to. :indiff:

Road cars that can be upgraded to "Race Specs". (including livery applications). :ill:

GTA 5 does not have that, I highly doubt PD would bother to. :indiff:
Test Drive Unlimited had it. But TDU2s physics are worse than TD6s physics...

Speaking of TD6.... "Here in my car, I feel safest of all. I can lock up my doors, and thats the only way in, in cars. Da, da, da da; da, da, da da." :Lol:

I voted race cars due to GT Academy. What's the point in driving a Nissan Skyline when you can put a Nissan GT4?

There are many cars I would like so I would post the groups.
WTCC
BTCC
DTM
GP2
GP3
TCR
V8 Supercars
V8 Utes
GT4
GT3

Of course there are road versions of most of the cars used so create a feature that allowed people to properly create their own race car. E.g. Should I buy this Honda Civic to race in the BTCC, TCR or WTCC? Having entry fees would make this query more easy.

Back