• Thread starter X3sgteX
  • 488 comments

X3sgteX

Senior Dragger
Premium
United States
Kansas
x3SGTEx
The new update has a serious bug effecting ALL car transmissions.

This bug only happens when you enter the track. All other menus are safe to adjust on. It seems to be the final drive that has the bug.

Online seems to be unaffected.

Link regarding they have replicated and are aware of the issue:
http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_5005325.html?t=@gt6game

Quick explanation: any car you currently own with a customizable transmission, that has had the final drive gear adjusted will reset the entire transmission to default once you enter a track.
As of right now there is no way to adjust transmissions, as every time you enter the track, the transmission gets set to default, or you lose your already... Timed consumed.. Click by click, perfect transmission.

Update*
Update 1.18 has resolved the issue. Fully customizable transmissons are no longer effected.

Last edited:
Care to explain what this 'bug' might be?
Take a adjustable transmission, set the top speed to anything, gears to anything. Leave the final drive alone. Note your adjustments. Take it on the track and nothing is effected.

Now move your final gear, take it on the track, go back to settings and you will notice the transmission has been reset to default.

If this affects all cars I'm gonna be pissed... Every time the game gets updated, it brings dodgy bugs with it, and only half of them seem to ever get fixed.

Considering the fact that I never use the stupid VGT cars, I hate that their inclusion brings these game breaking bugs...

Thanks for the heads up though mate, I'll test it out next time I play.

This is gonna suck immensely if they don't fix it soon. A lot of people rely on altering the final drive for their online series tunes, including me. Not that it's unprecedented having their tuning options buggy/not working properly (ride height glitch and broken camber have never been fixed).

Edit* I'll also add a Grrrrrrrrrr...

I wonder if this is PD trying to fix the flipped transmission bug, but instead have accidentally broken something altogether. I'll be extremely peeved if that's what they were trying to do as practically every single car I've tuned has a flipped transmission.

As all of my tunes also have Flipped Trans. that would destroy all of my tunes.

Thank you for that terrifying thought. Lol.

IMG_20150318_135109.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-2015-1-17-coming.325549/page-3#post-10543505

PD have a real knack for this stuff, don't they? I swear if they didn't do something like this every update they wouldn't have half the bad rap they currently do.

Thankfully, I very rarely adjudt the FDR... but I know a lot of people who do.

If you exploit a bug you cannot cry when they try to fix it.

Sorry I quoted wrong person ment for @Mike_grpA

Who's crying? All I said was it would stupid to fix a bug no one complains about when there are a number of well documented bugs that have ruined tuning in this game, which have been left untouched.

Who's crying? All I said was it would stupid to fix a bug no one complains about when there are a number of well documented bugs that have ruined tuning in this game, which have been left untouched.
Only documented by us mate pd don't acknowledge the bugs. They play the see no evil hear no evil speak no evil game. tuning is daft it gt games anyway. Was the best part when I was a kid now it just makes every car feel the same.

Only documented by us mate pd don't acknowledge the bugs. They play the see no evil hear no evil speak no evil game. tuning is daft it gt games anyway. Was the best part when I was a kid now it just makes every car feel the same.

Yes, well documented on the single biggest forum about their game, so if they pretend nothing's wrong, it's still their fault.

Tuning is only daft because of the buggy physics too, which would make the idea of fixing the only tuning bug that no one minds ridiculously dumb. Which was my whole point.

Seems that fixing the tranny flip bug is irrelevant,with this latest update if your whole gearing set up resets to default every time you enter a track,theres no point in having a customisable gearbox in the first place.As tuning(whatever your thoughts on it) is integral to the game,I can only see this as being an unintened side effect of trying to fix something thats not broken.
Hopefully PD will get on the case and sort this out...

I wonder if this is PD trying to fix the flipped transmission bug, but instead have accidentally broken something altogether. I'll be extremely peeved if that's what they were trying to do as practically every single car I've tuned has a flipped transmission.

That's the one where you set it above 600 mph by setting the final gear to 5.000, and then to 2.000 when the top speed is set to 311, correct?

Back