1.17 update major issue *READ*

• Thread starter X3sgteX
  • 488 comments
The big question: - Does it happen ONLY if you enter the setting screen, or upon entry of the race menu?
I have just been trying a Golf GTi on 500pp offline at Rome and even after adjusting gears always hit rev limiter on back straight, therefore I am assuming the gears are reset upon entering race.

Yeah, just tested it, recorded it, uploaded it to youtube, hope that people see it and think twice before entering a race with a full custom gearbox.
What sucks is, even if you change it back, just enter a race and gone, no matter if you exit before the finish.

Savegame backup again...wait for fix...:banghead:
Lucky i have all tunes i used in a database.

I almost fell off my chair laughing hard at this bug :)

Now that's nice to see. The real fix was to bring the transmission setting screen from GT1 back. Pwetty pwease.

Yes yes, best was in GT1 (just a minor bug for EU Players, where you could not see much over circa 330 km/h as they used the same table as for US players with mph, which is ''bigger scale'' than km/h).
I loved that you could use R1/L1 to jump from changing parts to tuning those parts. (also works in GT2, then forgotten forever after as many other details, which makes game better ''flowing'')

Here is to show how it looked for US players. Almost perfect
granturismo_790screen002.jpg

Last edited:
Yes yes, best was in GT1 (just a minor bug for EU Players, where you could not see much over circa 330 km/h as they used the same table as for US players with mph, which is ''bigger scale'' than km/h).
I loved that you could use R1/L1 to jump from changing parts to tuning those parts. (also works in GT2, then forgotten forever after as many other details, which makes game better ''flowing'')

View attachment 332536
You're right, it was almost perfect from the start, but you know PD, if it ain't broke, we'll fix it anyway:lol: When I first fired up GT6 and found the top speed adjustment missing and then tried that stupid 5th and 6th gear slider, I thought to myself, "well that's a bug, that will be patched in the next update"...:banghead::banghead:

It was a bug that is now fixed.
Because it was a 'beneficial' bug those that were infected didn't like being cured.

I'm ready to change the transmission setup on every car, but could someone please explain or post a link to what is the "right" way to setup the gearbox, without changing the final drive? All the tutorials I've found always use that "trick" you seem to consider as a bug (sorry if the question has been asked several times in the past)...

...tried that stupid 5th and 6th gear slider, I thought to myself, "well that's a bug, that will be patched in the next update"...:banghead::banghead:

Yeah, current fine setting a gear is pain in the Ash. Why they removed the option for quick setting by holding R1/L1 + left/right and fine setting would be provided only with directional button?! Its been over 10 years they used it last time (i think in GT3?)

Wait what? So that final gear stuff is a bug? And they fixed it today??
Are you kidding?:grumpy:
So all final gear tunes are rendered as a bug?
This is wierd.:odd:

Log off, poor poor tuners and their sheets.

I'm so pissed about this bug I needed to cheer myself up, so I made this:
yamauchi_zpsumqjmgyk.jpg
My thoughts excatly. Hey? Maybe Kaz will make yet, ANOTHER excuse to blame the PS3 hardware for bringing in new bugs into GT6, and hopes GT7 wouldn't do the same on PS4. A game doesn't need numerous updates to be "special" if it keeps throwing in new bugs. That's so beta. :sly:

Other than that. Sorry to hear you guys have to go through such a bug thanks to PD being inconsistent everytime they release updates. Other games I and many plays hardly need any updates to stay good, they're just good without them because they're hardly noticeable. But when there are any *update, done*. You don't need to rely on another or thousands of updates every month to fix something unless you really need it, unless said bugs and glitches are discovered.

Probably, what i should have said it makes the car lose it's character. the gearbox whine and the exhaust's totally ruin tuning for me. i like to go fast without making the car vanilla

You can remove the gearbox whine by changing the sound to exterior ( pause menu ) If you want cars with character, drive replicas or at least realistic tune that do not exploit the tuning settings effect. Keeping real life weight distribution is a big first step :) You don't see street driving RUF or Honda Civic or Nisssan GTR with closer to 50/50 distribution in reality right :lol: Real life alignment also actually produce closer to real life grip performance and lap times too if you care about that sort of thing ( closer to sim )

You can remove the gearbox whine by changing the sound to exterior ( pause menu ) If you want cars with character, drive replicas or at least realistic tune that do not exploit the tuning settings effect. Keeping real life weight distribution is a big first step :) You don't see street driving RUF or Honda Civic or Nisssan GTR with closer to 50/50 distribution in reality right :lol: Real life alignment also actually produce closer to real life grip performance and lap times too if you care about that sort of thing ( closer to sim )

I know what your saying but if pd just coded to real life values, it wouldn't be needed ;)👍 we just have to overcome there bad data. Too many issue's for me to like tuning now, power limiter up & down, sound issues ,camber, reversed suspension's, and flipped gear boxes, if you flipped a gear box in real life you have 1 forward gear and 5 + reverse.

It's all just annoying :cheers:

So no tranny trick then? I've been (mis)using that bug since GT3.

I'm guessing gearing will need to be relearned then. Any tips? I'm thinking in terms of A 500kph no NOS Veyron f ex.

I know what your saying but if pd just coded to real life values, it wouldn't be needed ;)👍 we just have to overcome there bad data. Too many issue's for me to like tuning now, power limiter up & down, sound issues ,camber, reversed suspension's, and flipped gear boxes, if you flipped a gear box in real life you have 1 forward gear and 5 + reverse.

It's all just annoying :cheers:

If PD did their home work and set all the cars correctly and accurately, I would have much less work to do :D :lol: Still it's not only PD, FM5 may also have it, and I have seen PC games also suffers the same thing to an extent regardless if they claim to be accurate sim and all. Physics may be state of the art, but if the car data is not accurate it's pointless ( suspension, LSD, gearing ). If I have very good PC and those games, I would need to open PC replica garage here too :lol:

There's a bit of unnecessary fear mongering going on here. When this bug is fixed we'll be able to tune our transmissions just the same as before the 1.17 update. "Flipping" the transmission is not a bug or even an exploit. The only reason I'd agree to call it a trick is because PD does such a lousy job of explaining how the custom transmission works. When you manipulate the sliders to get a specific spread of ratios you are using them exactly the way they were designed.

The pick your own ratios method in GT1 was great, and we should have been allowed to directly input our own ratios in every game since, but the slider method is helpful to newcomers that don't understand how gearing works.

If PD did their home work and set all the cars correctly and accurately, I would have much less work to do :D :lol: Still it's not only PD, FM5 may also have it, and I have seen PC games also suffers the same thing to an extent regardless if they claim to be accurate sim and all. Physics may be state of the art, but if the car data is not accurate it's pointless ( suspension, LSD, gearing ). If I have very good PC and those games, I would need to open PC replica garage here too :lol:

Yep, well keep doing it bud. I did notice when iam out and about on here you liked to tune for reality and that's best way for a "sim" or X1 hell break's loose

View attachment 332536

That's Japanese version. Also, in GT2, the quick gearbox setting was measured in levels (Sports <-> Wide) instead of top speed. ;)

Its not rocket surgery folks This is no fix its a problem that needs an immediate resolution
It is a BUG in the new update NOT a so-called fix to transmission tuning u blind fools. Once a change is made to the final drive setting everything is just as set while that car is on the track but once the race is finished or exited and car settings is re-entered the final drive is back to default and all the numbered gears are at their far left position. This is something BROKEN NOT A "FIX" to level the playing field or to keep players from executing "the flip" (which is not a glitch its how transmissions work; physics may be skewed but the principle is the same as in real cars)

I need a HOT FIX and I need it now. not right now but Right Now

I never played an earlier version of Gran Turismo, GT6 was my first... So, are you telling me that when I apply a tune and it says something like:

1) Reset to Default
2) Move Final Gear to 5.000
3) Move Max Speed slider to 112mph (minimum value)
4) Set 1st gear x.xxx
5) Set 2nd gear x.xxx
6) Set 3rd gear x.xxx
7) Set 4th gear x.xxx
8) Set 5th gear x.xxx
9) Set 6th gear x.xxx
10) Move Final Gear to 3.280

Are you telling me that I'm exploiting a BUG by setting the transmission that way? If so, HOW is that a bug? What's wrong with setting a transmission that way? Isn't the point of a "customizable" transmission to be able to put in just about any gear ratios you want? I mean, the game DOES limit us in the gear ranges for each gear. So, please tell me just HOW that is exploiting a bug, if that's what you're saying it is... I honestly don't know. This is how I've always seen transmissions get set in GT6. Well, 99% of the time.

Back