DFGT 900 to 200 Degree Angle

• Thread starter lbpomg95
  • 23 comments
England
A field in England
I've searched these forums and the magical world of Google and haven't found an answer. If this should be in the Sim Racing Hardware section, feel free to move this thread. My question is simple;

Can you set the Logitech Driving Force GT steering wheel from 900 to a 200 degree steering angle for Gran Turismo 6? If so, how?

Thank you to anyone who can answer my question.

200? Why the hell would you want to do that?

Might as well sell it and use a controller...

Sorry if I'm coming off as rude, but why would you buy a wheel to enhance the realism of your experience and then make it... less realistic... :lol:

200? Why the hell would you want to do that?

Might as well sell it and use a controller...

Sorry if I'm coming off as rude, but why would you buy a wheel to enhance the realism of your experience and then make it... less realistic... :lol:
Why not? I bought it for fun, not realism.

It's possible with the DFGT.

Just make sure your steering wheel is set to "Simulation" & "Power-Assisted Steering" is set to "On" in the "Options" menu, under "Steering Controller".

I usually go into into a free run or practice or on my in-lap.

When you are on track hold down the following simultaneously, for approx. 3-5 seconds:
(I ussualy stop on track, engage the hand-brake and then do my setting, if possible)

Select + Start + Triangle = 225°
Select + Start + Square = 450°
Select + Start + Circle = 675°
Select + Start + X = 900°

You will feel a tightening or lock.

The selected setting stays on until it is changed, and the steering wheel resets if you exit the game or switch off your console.

225° works well with Nascar. I mainly race with 450°.

Hope it helps.

Unless what francois is saying is true, I'm quite sure it doesn't work. I know that this
works on my G27 but like I said, not so sure about DFGT. Worth a try though. :)

I would actually love the ability to set my dfgt to 200*, I would use it for drifting. 900 degrees is cool but I can't spin it with fast enough when drifting, even on FF1

It's possible with the DFGT.

Just make sure your steering wheel is set to "Simulation" & "Power-Assisted Steering" is set to "On" in the "Options" menu, under "Steering Controller".

I usually go into into a free run or practice or on my in-lap.

When you are on track hold down the following simultaneously, for approx. 3-5 seconds:
(I ussualy stop on track, engage the hand-brake and then do my setting, if possible)

You will feel a tightening or lock.

The selected setting stays on until it is changed, and the steering wheel resets if you exit the game or switch off your console.

225° works well with Nascar. I mainly race with 450°.

Hope it helps.
I just tried, it doesn't work

I just tried, it doesn't work
A shame, really - I'd like to try my slow hands at drifting, too. Thing is I've read stories about people who've broken their DFGTs by doing really quick steering with larger inputs(trying to handle an F40 comes to mind). I'd rather not let £80 go to waste trying to handle some of the more awkward cars.

Did some searching on the net -

Cant find the exact post were I first picked it up, but you can check out the Sim Racing Forum here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/sim-racing-hardware.163/

Seems like it needs to be a newish wheel (bought mine in January) with the latest firmwear.

Here's some other links:

1.https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-logitech-driving-force-pro-thread.44139/
2.http://ronin-gt.net/forum/index.php?topic=1655.0

I must add that I still can't drift with the DFGT, I still use the DS3.

Hopefully this might shed some extra light, because it definitely makes a difference.

Thanks, but it seems there is nothing more we can do about it. The only explanation must be different firmware, and it can't be upgraded. Too bad

Mine is 1 year old as well, but who knows when it was actually produced. I've seen the thread and the conclusion for dfgt is: for some it works, for others doesn't. Firmware can't be updated. Maybe I'll ask Logitech via e-mail

i trried the select+ start + button in offline time trial and it didnt work.. i bought my wheel in fall of 2013 so it might be too old.. also tried it online and didnt work.. oh well im switching to iracing soon anyway

Last edited:
Logitech support replied to me today. They said that this can be set only from the level of the game...

They mean that the only way to change this is in the game (if the game allow it) but as we know we can't do that in gran turismo. I still find that strange that some people DID report that this button combinations work on their DFGT. Either some of those guys lied, or this support guy is not good at his job. I would bet my money on the latter.

@gerber : I was not lying when I told everybody who read my post - my DFGT actually can be set to those 4 different modes as described in the above mentioned thread and also by @Francois B . I also posted my s/n, product code etc. Others testify the same. This is not a conspiration! lol

Looks clear that the firmware is the key to this issue and that it was not managed by Logitech in the proper way. I guess that they used some sort of component (hard or soft, dont know) from G25 or G27 in the DFGT for only some production time, and support avoids the issue simply because it is "undocumented" (sic).

Last edited:
They mean that the only way to change this is in the game (if the game allow it) but as we know we can't do that in gran turismo. I still find that strange that some people DID report that this button combinations work on their DFGT. Either some of those guys lied, or this support guy is not good at his job. I would bet my money on the latter.

Yea, I wouldn't put your faith in their support people. That goes for any company as well with support. A lot of times, those people are just reading off of a predetermined computer screen themselves. Ask them a question not covered on their little program that they use and you'll trip them up every time. :lol: I know a few people that work support for various companys and they are no smarter than you or I. They only know what their computer tells them.

And, just to add, I can personally confirm that this works on some DFGT's because it worked on the one that I had. Also works on my current G27.

Back