How do you keep playing GT6 longer?

• Thread starter Rouward
  • 12 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Philippines
Philippines
rouward
Now that Project CARS is out and everybody here are hyped for that game, as a huge fan of GT I would still play GT6 no matter if anybody here suggest me to play PCARS (I'm currently saving for the wheel and Assetto Corsa but that doesn't mean I'm moving away from GT forever).

On the topic, while waiting for GT7 and my new wheel, I'm doing a sort of gimmicks to keep me playing GT6.

11201011_10202785722964763_3181213341370108988_o.jpg

Each time I buy a new car, I bring them to Goodwood for a test drive.

11244925_10202785723044765_6014469398032111287_n.jpg

Each time a new car or track was introduced, I take every details and brought them to Gran Turismo Wikia.

11201011_10202785722924762_7815942843721875746_o.jpg

In A-spec Seasonals, I use every car in my garage for a test not just sticking to one tuned car.

Sometimes I do roleplay by matching the car and colors to a character from popular series (since it lacks some cool customs like tint color and livery). That might be sound crazy to some of you.
11201011_10202785723004764_8962031184634029518_o.jpg

Only Love Live fans will recognize them

If only I could play online but my internet speed was meh.

Any hate speech and unrelate post will be reported.

I just tune cars, really. Like, I'll give myself a little brief (let's say... making a BTCC racer from the Lexus ISF) and work towards that.

I have pretty much gave up on GT6. If they ever add the course maker I will log in and check it and I generally log in when they do an update and will drive a lap to get the new VGTs as they are added but honestly I have not had fun playing GT since a couple of months after it was released.

If only they would have added proper leaderboards I would probably still be playing and several of my friends would be as well but without them there really just isn't much to do. The tuning is also an issue as some of it doesn't work and there is always a chance that any given update will hose whatever tunes you have done so it really seems like a waste of time to do much in that area.

If GT7 includes better tuning, proper leaderboards and better options for online racing then I will consider buying a PS4 and returning to GT but until then I really do not see myself playing much at all even though I do still have a PS2 and PS3 and own GT3,4,5P,5 and 6. 4 was fun for a long time. 5 and 6 were fun for a couple of months.

I would actually be more likely to load up Forza 2,3 or 4 than any of the GTs now if I just wanted to run a few laps.
Hopefully P-Cars will deliver the goods and keep my interest for a long time.

Now that Project CARS is out and everybody here are hyped for that game, as a huge fan of GT I would still play GT6 no matter if anybody here suggest me to play PCARS (I'm currently saving for the wheel and Assetto Corsa but that doesn't mean I'm moving away from GT forever).

On the topic, while waiting for GT7 and my new wheel, I'm doing a sort of gimmicks to keep me playing GT6.

11201011_10202785722964763_3181213341370108988_o.jpg

Each time I buy a new car, I bring them to Goodwood for a test drive.

11244925_10202785723044765_6014469398032111287_n.jpg

Each time a new car or track was introduced, I take every details and brought them to Gran Turismo Wikia.

11201011_10202785722924762_7815942843721875746_o.jpg

In A-spec Seasonals, I use every car in my garage for a test not just sticking to one tuned car.

Sometimes I do roleplay by matching the car and colors to a character from popular series (since it lacks some cool customs like tint color and livery). That might be sound crazy to some of you.

Mostly Time Trialling, these days just of VGT's. I'm building a matrix of eclectic best lap times (and other MoTeC data), of each VGT at specific tracks. With each VGT release I add one more track to the test plan, and then test all the previous VGT's there too. As a minimum it's 10 laps of each track (5 minimum for the 'ring), so now each time a VGT comes out, I'm putting in about 250 laps of testing in total --- though I'm getting behind on that (especially if the Peugeot hits soon!) -- all the numbers are then compiled into a spreadsheet for other analysis (and stuff) and that's about it - getting to grips with the MoTeC software has definitely helped keep my interest - much like Photomode did when it was introduced back in GT4.

My free-time these days is down to about 2 hours a day, to include all my hobbies of which GT is only one, with very few weekends at home either (normally because I'm at a real-racetrack somewhere taking photo's :D) - so I rarely have chance to get stuck into anything else at all on the PS3, let alone GT.

@HBR-Roadhog So, you told us you are bored of GT, you mention (again) that you want leaderboards, you complain about the tuning, you say GT wasn't as good as it once was, your prefer Forza and you will barely ever play GT again - and of course you inevitably mention Project Cars..... do you really think that's in spirit of thread?

I suspect most of the time I'll be setting off b-spec at Nurburgring in the Rocket on the PS3 while driving in Project Cars on the PS4. Then when not driving I'll be spending the B-SPEC money in GT6 to try and get all the cars. I think I have around 650 so far.

For people only playing GT6 then joining online groups and races through GTPlanet is the most fun of anything else in the game by a long way. Despite it's many faults I've had lots of fun in GT5 and GT6 when online and made some good friends.

@HBR-Roadhog So, you told us you are bored of GT, you mention (again) that you want leaderboards, you complain about the tuning, you say GT wasn't as good as it once was, your prefer Forza and you will barely ever play GT again - and of course you inevitably mention Project Cars..... do you really think that's in spirit of thread?
Maybe if the leaderboards get mentioned enough some one will listen. I really am shocked that more people are not bringing them up and often, it is a huge omission from the game. Being a software designer myself I can't imagine not coding them into an online game especially so for a racing game. It adds a huge amount of replay ability to a game such as this. The reason I would be more likely to load Forza is simply because it does have proper leaderboards.

As for the spirit of the thread, not really sure what that would be, Project cars is mentioned in the OP so I don't see an issue with mentioning it.

The short answer to the question is that the only way I can bring my self to drive in GT6 now is to get the free VGT cars just so they are there in case I ever decide to drive them or they ever decide to give us a proper online structure with leaderboards.

I did have fun with the game early on, pre-ordered and played everyday through Feb 2014 but after that not much.

Let me guess, NicoMaki? :lol: Great idea btw (and great pairing :sly:)

Back on topic, being active on the photomode forums, especially the photomode competitions, really helps extend my GT6 playtime. Trying to find a car that matches the theme well and then getting that perfect shot is both challenging and truly fulfilling (and time consuming!)

As much as I thought Assetto Corsa wouldn't be pulling me away from GT6 it seems to be doing just that. The only time I go back to GT6 is for the photomode, Goodwood time trials, Nurburgring laps, new seasonals (not 100% of the time), and recently GT Academy. Rallying also kept me on GT6, but that was until last Sunday when I got DiRT Rally :P

I'm really looking forward to the new Peugeot VGT that will be coming in a future update so that will get me back on GT6. Other than that I'll occasionally go back on GT6 to drive cars that aren't available in Assetto Corsa, but I'm actually getting burnt out on GT6 to the point where I'll play GT4.

I just drive a lot of different cars online, sometimes changing the car after every race. Sometimes it's too slow to keep up or sometimes it ends up being really fast. I find it very fun that way. There are more than 1000 cars, so there is lots to choose from. Today I decided to try the Trans Am for the first time and I was very surprised with how well it drives with a little tuning. I'll get bored of it sometime soon and I'll try another car! I enjoy GT6 a lot really despite all the complaining that happens on this site.

I'm also in a racing series that happens every Sunday, so there is that to look forward to every week too. Sometimes I test for it to make sure I know the track and the car. I also sometimes spend a lot of time doing the time trials when I'm in the mood. I've been doing a lot of GT Academy :lol:. It's just fun seeing myself improve and climb the rankings slowly.

There isn't much to do without the online features other than testing really. Though, one thing I do from time to time is drift around at Autumn Ring (the big one) in a new car I started using. Probably my favorite track in the game. It's just so much fun and very good for drifting, which I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back