How do you keep Gran Turismo 6 fun?

• Thread starter JoaoSilva
  • 162 comments
Portugal
Porto
JPSILVA1893
Recently i've found myself getting a bit bored of GT , before i'd play it every day , now i play it every 2 or 3 days , and with GTA 5 Heists coming out tomorrow , i doubt i'll be playing it for a while...

I already collected almost all cars (around 1200) and finished all the events , so i pretty much "completed" the game , and i've been trying to find a way to have fun it GT.

And so , my question is , how do you keep Gran Turismo 6 fun?

Me and a great friend of mine @AquaFanta have been racing eachother in priceless duels for years, we are proper mental fast drivers with very similar abilities, yet with completely different driving styles. We enjoy exploring the amazing battles we have with eachother, and the fun from maximising the true potential of the cars and the realism of the physics.

Personally between both of us, we think that Gran Turismo was made entirely for the driving & proper racing and not really much else, thats the place to explore, and get good at, and its what it was made for, the pure racing experience.

The fun for me comes from online. Some great series are open such as @AJ s own GTP Endurance Series, @Furinkazen and his plethora of racing series under FRL, @Ph1sher and @Psycho Tuber with their Turtle Racing League for spec racing primarily, and then @rallymorten with RACE. Along with my own RACE Weekend Fun Runs lobbies there's still a lot left in GT6 for me.

@ZedMan1996 I unfortunatly have no friends that play GT6 , i usually play with my brothers in split screen , we've been doing it since GT3 , great fun .

@nascarfan1400 Online racing might not be for me , i tried Quick Match once , and i promised to never go back to it again , i usually stick to cruising lobbies , but i never tried an organized league .I'm more of a Time Trial guy TBH.

Online leagues are more organized that Quick Match , i'm sure , but i don't know how it goes , i have yet to try it , i always played GT for the offline really.

@ZedMan1996 I unfortunatly have no friends that play GT6 , i usually play with my brothers in split screen , we've been doing it since GT3 , great fun .

@nascarfan1400 Online racing might not be for me , i tried Quick Match once , and i promised to never go back to it again , i usually stick to cruising lobbies , but i never tried an organized league .I'm more of a Time Trial guy TBH.

Online leagues are more organized that Quick Match , i'm sure , but i don't know how it goes , i have yet to try it , i always played GT for the offline really.
Quick match is miserably broken. Organized events are much better

I have way too much fun stuff to do in Gran Turismo - just looking at the different cars and reading all about them is fun.
Finding various excuses to drive them is another.
Sharing stuff about it here on GTPlanet is also a lot of fun.

Yesterday , i used the premiums i never used before to see what parts they had , turns out the Evo 4 has a rally body kit with mud guards , pretty cool.

I also like to read cars descriptions when i feel like taking a break from racing , the descriptions contain some pretty cool unknown facts about the cars sometimes .

Yeah sharing stuff on GTPlanet is the best part TBH.

Drive hot laps around Midfield to see what the fastest cars are at each PP range, that's what I did (Albeit, at Bathurst) before my PS3 died

GT-R is fun and all but the LFA sounds so much better!

i haven't gone to the fastest japanese cars yet , but i'm not sure it will be faster than the Nismo GT-R around Tsukuba , the LFA is my all-time dream car tho , best sounding V10 , and beautiful IMO.

i haven't gone to the fastest japanese cars yet , but i'm not sure it will be faster than the Nismo GT-R around Tsukuba , the LFA is my all-time dream car tho , best sounding V10 , and beautiful IMO.
LFA will likely be just below the '12 GT-R, seeing how the GT-R has AWD an has similar Specs to the LFA. I love the LFA but if I was racing online, GT-R anyday

Thanks @nascarfan1400 for the shout out for Turtle Racing League :cheers:

my thoughts on how to make it or keep it fun,

Just depends on what you like to do on it, with cruise, drag, pp rooms, so on with the list.

My personal opinion is Spec Online Racing with leagues or special events. Some of the best racers on GT6 come from GTPlanet and to put yourself in a organized league around some of the fastest is a thrill to me.

I also want to mention the WRS online events and their time Trials it's always a blast to run them, even though sometimes I might get a little frustrated in the time trial if I make a mistake :lol: but in all good, it's a lot of fun their.

Also want to mention @nascarfan1400 RACE Fun Run Series he runs pretty much on the weekends, some of the most fun and litterly the most layed back racing over their and is getting a lot of attention with some super fast guys joining now because its a blast over their.

Also in my opinion Since I've been racing at Turtle Racing League for a few years now, I mean it is some of the best racing on GTPlanet over their and the people your racing against are super respectful and great guys they help you out, wait up for you to provide better racing for you. Overall makes your online experience an absolute blast on Friday and Saturday nights

Again just my thoughts and opinions. I understand people enjoy cruise, drag, pp, so on rooms. :cheers:

Again Thanks Nascarfan for the shoutout! 👍

- Hotlaps
- Nurburgring
- Practice heel-toe
- Learn how to tune
- Learn drift
- Learn best driving line

i'll practice heel and toe on my DS3 , gotta try that :lol:

Nurburgring got a bit old to me , i did so many laps around it that i lost count , i'm trying out other tracks now like Laguna Seca , Motegi , etc ...

@JASON_ROCKS1998 I don't always drive cars because they are faster than A and B , i drive them more for the experience TBH .

Thanks @nascarfan1400 for the shout out for Turtle Racing League :cheers:

my thoughts on how to make it or keep it fun,

Just depends on what you like to do on it, with cruise, drag, pp rooms, so on with the list.

My personal opinion is Spec Online Racing with leagues or special events. Some of the best racers on GT6 come from GTPlanet and to put yourself in a organized league around some of the fastest is a thrill to me.

I also want to mention the WRS online events and their time Trials it's always a blast to run them, even though sometimes I might get a little frustrated in the time trial if I make a mistake :lol: but in all good, it's a lot of fun their.

Also want to mention @nascarfan1400 RACE Fun Run Series he runs pretty much on the weekends, some of the most fun and litterly the most layed back racing over their and is getting a lot of attention with some super fast guys joining now because its a blast over their.

Also in my opinion Since I've been racing at Turtle Racing League for a few years now, I mean it is some of the best racing on GTPlanet over their and the people your racing against are super respectful and great guys they help you out, wait up for you to provide better racing for you. Overall makes your online experience an absolute blast on Friday and Saturday nights

Again just my thoughts and opinions. I understand people enjoy cruise, drag, pp, so on rooms. :cheers:

Again Thanks Nascarfan for the shoutout! 👍
Ponies and Turtles gotta stick together ;)

But yes, there's so much to do in GT6. Once course maker drops things will really pick up.

i'll practice heel and toe on my DS3 , gotta try that :lol:

Nurburgring got a bit old to me , i did so many laps around it that i lost count , i'm trying out other tracks now like Laguna Seca , Motegi , etc ...

@JASON_ROCKS1998 I don't always drive cars because they are faster than A and B , i drive them more for the experience TBH .
Yeah, the LFA feels better to drive IMO but if you want to win, take the GT-R it is just so much faster. I also tried drifting in the Premium R34 Drifter some times

Yeah, the LFA feels better to drive IMO but if you want to win, take the GT-R it is just so much faster. I also tried drifting in the Premium R34 Drifter some times

i gotta take the LFA to Tsukuba and compare it to the GT-R , the Nismo GT-R did a 59.9 , since i'm using SH tires for every car , it will probably oversteer like crazy , but oh well , i'll never say no to a good challenge.

Recently i've found myself getting a bit bored of GT , before i'd play it every day , now i play it every 2 or 3 days , and with GTA 5 Heists coming out tomorrow , i doubt i'll be playing it for a while...

I already collected almost all cars (around 1200) and finished all the events , so i pretty much "completed" the game , and i've been trying to find a way to have fun it GT.

And so , my question is , how do you keep Gran Turismo 6 fun?

Drive more realistic cars :) Replicas like these :

Ken Wolf / Terai Engineering / Art Sports / Rain-X Lamborghini Countach ZA9C 25th Anniversario #88 JGTC 449HP 553PP Comfort Soft to Racing Hard

Lamborghini Diablo GTR '00 Replica based on Diablo GT '00 582HP 564PP Comfort Soft to Racing Hard

Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Super Veloce '09 Replica 660HP 566PP Comfort Soft

Suzuki SWIFT RS S1600 Super 1600 Junior Rally Championship 2006-2007 WRC Rally Car + Gymkhana Replica 215HP 427PP Comfort Soft to Racing Hard / Dirt / Snow

LOTUS ELISE Series 1 1996-2000 Base Model 1.8 Rover K16 Engine Replica Best Motoring Tsukuba Keiichi Tsuchiya Lap Record 118HP 416PP Comfort Medium to Sport Soft

Team Kunimitsu NSX GT2 LM Replica 1995 GT2 Class Winner No 84 380HP 518PP Sports Medium to Racing Hard

The Rain-X Countach is awesome at Midfield, drive it on SS or RH tires, race against GT300 cars in A Spec, have a blast :D

i gotta take the LFA to Tsukuba and compare it to the GT-R , the Nismo GT-R did a 59.9 , since i'm using SH tires for every car , it will probably oversteer like crazy , but oh well , i'll never say no to a good challenge.
I remember doing a 600PP tune for the LFA. Go to Team Shmo an look for the LFA. I submitted a tune and the guy their tweaked it to make it how it is now. I had stock exhaust but had a racing exhaust on it

well for me i have been doing a bunch of themed regulated races.usually on saturday nights.my other friends who i race with have other series races like world challenge,super gt,wec.once the course maker gets out i will be making fun and challenging tracks along with my Drift Asylum Drift League

- Not overdoing the PP on the cars, then finding decent challenges inside A-spec:

Supercar Challenge @ Monza/Sarthe (use stock supercar or tuned regular cars)
Willow and Ascari races @ S Class (tire/fuel usage make it fun)
Ferrari 458 Challenge

There's more interesting races... you just need to find the right balance on the car PP.

- Keeping record of the mileage on my favorite cars, then sorting them by mileage on garage, making each one hit hundreds of KM, if a car it's @ 278km, I make it go to 300 and on and on :P (kinda crazy :P)

- Making cars and keeping the dirt and damage on them (not changing oil or refreshing chassis)

- Making replicas

Last edited:
- Hotlaps
- Nurburgring
- Practice heel-toe
- Learn how to tune
- Learn drift
- Learn best driving line
If you can get a 3 pedal steering wheel set and learn how to heel and toe downshift, you will be having the most amount of fun possible with your clothes on :) .

It's always fun, which we can thank great physics and comprehensive variety for. However, the game lacks a sense of purpose beyond the fun. The career is so easy that feelings of accomplishment are totally absent. Online statistics are not being logged and there are no permanent leaderboards to leave a mark on. Offline hot lapping is possible but is not implemented as a useful feature, thereby necessitating the use of an external spreadsheet. So even though there is some fun to be had, these shortcomings occasionally affect my motivation to fire up the game. That said, GT6 provides an almost unrivaled "escape" for anyone who has a thing for cars, which is just as important as the fun factor.

How do real drivers experience fun? By simply driving of course! Stop focusing on completing a game & go drive some cars just for the fun of it instead. Experiment with different times of day & weather settings in Free Run mode, save some replays & watch them back to see how awesome your driving is!

:D

VBR
How do real drivers experience fun? By simply driving of course! Stop focusing on completing a game & go drive some cars just for the fun of it instead. Experiment with different times of day & weather settings in Free Run mode, save some replays & watch them back to see how awesome your driving is!

I agree with this post. Sometimes I'd like to just kick back, relax, and drive a couple of laps around the Nurburgring. Turn off the HUD, drive in cockpit view, listen to the great in-game soundtrack or just the sound of the engine. It's strangely relaxing, and loads of fun.

I also drive around to get really nice photos. The Photo Mode in GT6 is easy to understand, and you can get some really nice shots too.

Or, you could come and join us at Car of the Week meetings, hosted by @McClarenDesign, we drive different cars every week. :D With your huge car collection, I doubt you'll run out of things to drive. :)

Latest Posts

Back