Looking for PD Lemons

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 24 comments
United States
mid west USA
Otaliema
I am looking for the lemons in the game. Cars that just got forgotten by PD and are hard to tune and drive. Reason is for a difficult car of the month challenge in the tuning forum.
Honestly I have about 400 cars in GT6 and have only driven about 200 of them so I don't know which ones are just pains other than the S7. With its messed up weight distro it drives like all old American muscle car but you can't really fix it like you can the classics.

Edit; I should clarify that I am looking the Lemons that would be recalled IRL due to the significant problems the car has. Not the ones that just didn't get enough love.

Last edited:
If you search hard, you will realize that GT6 is loaded with "lemons". Here are a few examples (I don't have tunes for them).

Mitsubishi Mirage 1400GLX '78. 82 horsepower, 326 PP, FF drivetrain.
Nissan March G# '99. 79 horsepower, 317 PP, FF drivetrain

Cizeta V16T
Buick Special
Hyundai Tiburon

Just to name a couple.

If you search hard, you will realize that GT6 is loaded with "lemons". Here are a few examples (I don't have tunes for them).

Mitsubishi Mirage 1400GLX '78. 82 horsepower, 326 PP, FF drivetrain.
Nissan March G# '99. 79 horsepower, 317 PP, FF drivetrain
Thank you gentlemen.
I put in the OP I'm after the big ones. Where the car is just flat out messed up to the point of recall IRL.

Last edited:
The Cizeta is quite badly implemented. It's one of my favourite cars in the game, but it's horrific. Not too much oversteer, but PD gave it 200 downforce on the rear, and none on the front. What this does is lift the front end up and make the car effectively useless at high speed. Other cars with the same problem are the Ford GT and the SLR McLaren, but they're newer and handle better.

The Chevy El Camino is so tail happy. I mean, it's just unusable for any PP racing whatsoever. Chevy Nova not as bad, but still pretty bad.

Lotus Evora. Whenever tuned, or using high grip tyres, it WILL fall over every time you hit a kerb. I mean, with slicks especially, it rolls constantly. A Samba bus is more grounded on Nurburgring.

The Saleen, I find is quite a nice car. I can PM you a set-up if you'd like, @Otaliema

The Cizeta is quite badly implemented. It's one of my favourite cars in the game, but it's horrific. Not too much oversteer, but PD gave it 200 downforce on the rear, and none on the front. What this does is lift the front end up and make the car effectively useless at high speed. Other cars with the same problem are the Ford GT and the SLR McLaren, but they're newer and handle better.

The Chevy El Camino is so tail happy. I mean, it's just unusable for any PP racing whatsoever. Chevy Nova not as bad, but still pretty bad.

Lotus Evora. Whenever tuned, or using high grip tyres, it WILL fall over every time you hit a kerb. I mean, with slicks especially, it rolls constantly. A Samba bus is more grounded on Nurburgring.

The Saleen, I find is quite a nice car. I can PM you a set-up if you'd like, @Otaliema
Thank you on the info on the cars. Good set of cars there with a share of problems.
Always open to a new tune. See what you did to make it drivable. 👍

Not quite sure how accurate some of these things still are (when I still owned GT6 they hadn't fixed any of them), but maybe this will help you as a baseline to search as well. I know that the two Mustangs were screwed up so terribly in GT5 that they were practically useless, but I similarly don't know if that carried over to GT6 as well.

Not quite sure how accurate some of these things still are (when I still owned GT6 they hadn't fixed any of them), but maybe this will help you as a baseline to search as well. I know that the two Mustangs were screwed up so terribly in GT5 that they were practically useless, but I similarly don't know if that carried over to GT6 as well.
That is awesome I'll dig into it over the next few weeks thank you. If it was wrong in 5 it seems to have stayed wrong in 6

The premium Nissan silvia K's S13 is a bit of lemon.

Its one of my favourite drift cars, but once you start trying to tune for grip, it's becomes a right pig, with turn in understeer, snap oversteer, and serious corner exit traction issues.

Very interesting car to tune. Polar opposite of somthing like the spirit r rx7, which seems to do exactly what you want.

The premium Nissan silvia K's S13 is a bit of lemon.

Its one of my favourite drift cars, but once you start trying to tune for grip, it's becomes a right pig, with turn in understeer, snap oversteer, and serious corner exit traction issues.

Very interesting car to tune. Polar opposite of somthing like the spirit r rx7, which seems to do exactly what you want.
I found the S13 to be quite a nice car. How do you tune it (tyres, power, etc)/what sort of races do you tune it for?

Don't know if this has been mentioned but the Auto Union car in the Audi dealership. I tried it and it was almost impossible to drive as it would just kick out and spin for no apparent reason. This may be due to no downforce though but it still seemed really odd. Has anyone else had that problem?

The Ford Taurus Sho '97 is another challenging car to tune. It seems to under steer no matter what you do.
Front wheel drive + unbalanced weight distribution = epic understeer. Only way I fix that is to lower the rear spring rate way lower than the front. It works sometimes.

Front wheel drive + unbalanced weight distribution = epic understeer. Only way I fix that is to lower the rear spring rate way lower than the front. It works sometimes.
You should try min front max rear springs with max/min Ride that fixes pretty much any FF car.

All great suggestions thank you everyone. I'm gonna start piling through them to find the "good" ones.
If you know of one don't hesitate to mention it.

Was looking through the tuning forum and I heard someone say that the '86 MR2s are very hard to tune.
They are very hard to tune. Had one in a past FITT event Drive train challenge IIRC. The car it's self is very fast and true to the real life car, twitchy. IIRC @Bowtie-muscle had the winning car in that class you should take it for a drive was an obsolete pleasure back then it should still be now.

They are very hard to tune. Had one in a past FITT event Drive train challenge IIRC. The car it's self is very fast and true to the real life car, twitchy. IIRC @Bowtie-muscle had the winning car in that class you should take it for a drive was an obsolete pleasure back then it should still be now.
Actually, it was @Lionheart2113 who won, but that tune was a thrill a minute to drive, fast and always on edge. Not for the faint of heart. Look it up in the tuning forum FITT Records and Archives. Challenge was called the Hot Version.

Latest Posts

Back