Australia
Catching up
http://www.caradvice.com.au/426391/2017-suzuki-swift-images-leaked-online/

suzuki-swift-sport-105.jpg

suzuki-swift-sport-100-interior-storagespace.jpg

Gen-3160x1720-SS_SS10.jpg

suzuki-swift-sport-110.jpg

Gen-3160x1720-SS_SS17.jpg

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/suzuki/swift/94917/new-2017-suzuki-swift-caught-showing-off-fresh-look
watermark-template-copy.jpg

I'm actually driving a 2016 model over this weekend. It's no Mini/MINI but, it's a gorgeous thing. Plenty of space inside. Sharp handling and comfortable over bumps. That turbo will be a good thing.

It's on a short list of cars I would buy.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wish the US still had Suzuki for the sake of the Swift.

Perhaps any of the Japanese manufacturers can badge-engineer the Swift and get it here?

Last edited:
Cool. New thread(s). 👍

Such a good little 5 door hatch. I've got it parked next to my Mirage and it's still amazing how vehicles are packaged.

The Current Swift is by no means a bad car but this version looks much classier than the model it replaces. 👍

Fun fact: The current Suzuki Swift Sport may just become a future classic as it is (probably) the last high-revving (redline >7,000rpm) normally aspirated hot hatch as the new Sport will be powered by a turbocharged "Boosterjet" unit.

Looks like a mish mash of many many cars! But it's a good looking car. I see Nissan Micra & Juke, some DS3, some Skoda, Renault wheels, bits of Ssangyong Tivoli, something Audi/VW ish going on at the front, Mazda interior etc etc :lol:

Hope it drives as well as it's predecessor did. It was given so much high praise.

That looks classy as ****. How much do they cost?
$15k-$26kAUD.

Looks like a mish mash of many many cars! But it's a good looking car. I see Nissan Micra & Juke, some DS3, some Skoda, Renault wheels, bits of Ssangyong Tivoli, something Audi/VW ish going on at the front, Mazda interior etc etc :lol:

Hope it drives as well as it's predecessor did. It was given so much high praise.
The Fabia definitely looks like the current Swift. Skoda even go the MINI and DS3 route with optional colour schemes. The Swift is soon to follow suit next year.
suzuki-swift-sport-002.jpg

Hopefully there'll be a race series for the new model.

$15k-$26kAUD.

The Fabia definitely looks like the current Swift. Skoda even go the MINI and DS3 route with optional colour schemes. The Swift is soon to follow suit next year.
suzuki-swift-sport-002.jpg

Hopefully there'll be a race series for the new model.
That's pretty cheap for a car in Australia right?

Seems like the same price as a Fiesta or Accent in Canada/US?

Hopefully the interior has more quality, the current Swift has excellent seats in the sport model but the rest of the interior feels cheap.

I agree. It does look low in feel. The design isn't bad. The textures are so plastic. I like the leather and suede insert seats. The leather wheel could be a tad smaller. The function buttons on the wheel can be more compact.

Comfort is high. I thought it would be a bumpy and Bronco Billy ride but, sweet on the road and freeway. That torque from the turbo will be welcome.

The Current Swift is by no means a bad car but this version looks much classier than the model it replaces. 👍

Fun fact: The current Suzuki Swift Sport may just become a future classic as it is (probably) the last high-revving (redline >7,000rpm) normally aspirated hot hatch as the new Sport will be powered by a turbocharged "Boosterjet" unit.
The current Swift Sport is a real hidden gem. Lots of fun. While the engine is nice though this is one occasion where I'm not too unhappy about it going turbocharged, because that Boosterjet engine is probably one of the best downsized turbo units I've tried. Had a go in the new Baleno with it earlier in the year - really smooth, and surprisingly powerful.

Suzuki might not make anything that really wows, but they have a really solid lineup of cars at the moment. I expect the Swift will continue to be a car that you could legitimately pick over a Fiesta whenever you remember it exists...

Will it be sold as three door? That is the only way it could look even better IMHO.

If the last one was sold as both a 5 and a 3 door, then I don't see why they won't.

Most hatchbacks with "hidden" rear door handles do not have a three door variant, such as the Renault Clio IV. Doesn't confirm the new Swift will only be available as a five door but I'm just throwing that out there.

Most hatchbacks with "hidden" rear door handles do not have a three door variant, such as the Renault Clio IV. Doesn't confirm the new Swift will only be available as a five door but I'm just throwing that out there.
Well, TIL.

Never knew the Clio IV was only sold as a 5D.

I've only seen the 3-door sold in the UK. Australians love 2 extra doors.
It's how most of the world use cars anyway. Look at the Focus RS, Clio as mentioned, Mazda2, Yaris, Golf R. 5-door hatches sell well. I favor coupes but, that's the way of the world.
Besides, looks awkward.
images

I almost bought a lightly used Kizashi for my first car. Looks really sharp even today IMHO, AWD and decent performance if I recall.

In the end I was battling and lost again my desire for a front engine, rear wheel drive coupe with a manuel for my first car.

The headlights felt a little... Cutesy? For a a car of its size but it had a

It's not bad at all. The RSt treatment looks interesting.

Any news of a Kisashi replacement? I like how they look, but the engine choice made no sense in the UK.

Back