700PP 1980 or Later / 2-Wheel Drive Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 258 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
700PP 1980 or Later / 2-Wheel Drive Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway

TT#58 - 700PP 1980 or Later ~ 2-Wheel Drive Racing Car Super Lap @ Apricot Hill Raceway.png
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT#58] - 700PP 1980 or Later ~ 2-Wheel Drive Racing Car Super Lap @ Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header of [above] your posted/linked tunes, and also the tuners full GTP name if it is not your own tune, just as it looks here.
GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN '13 by SpeedyFastKaz
The full GT6 car list can be viewed HERE for copy & pasting.

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Y'all are aliens. Trying to do this with a stock R18 TDI has yielded a bronze and a lot of frustration emanating from violent oversteer.

Already beaten my 1:03.690 best lap here from the last time trial on the first day :eek:
That's mad fast. (By the way, are you remembering your old time or did you post it in the previous thread?)

This one is certainly all about flow. Miss an apex by a meter or two and it hoses you for multiple corners. At 1:05.1xx for now, with probably a second or so left to pick up. Good luck out there mates, this is a fun one!

That's mad fast. (By the way, are you remembering your old time or did you post it in the previous thread?)

This one is certainly all about flow. Miss an apex by a meter or two and it hoses you for multiple corners. At 1:05.1xx for now, with probably a second or so left to pick up. Good luck out there mates, this is a fun one!
Went through GT time trials and found it, i finish top 10 last time too

Y'all are aliens. Trying to do this with a stock R18 TDI has yielded a bronze and a lot of frustration emanating from violent oversteer.

The stock differential settings are rubbish on race cars, but especially so on the R18 - you're right that they will have you spinning every time you touch the throttle. Have a look through the tuning section of GTP - or take the excellent advice from @purpdino and use the Pescarolo :cheers:

I posted a tune for the Pescarolo elsewhere, if you're using a DS3. I think I've now increased the spring rate by 1.00 at at both ends for better stability. Haven't tried it for this TT, but can't imagine it'll be too far from a gold time. You can see how "wrong" the stock diff settings are: 10/40/20 vs 8/6/25, and it's the acceleration setting (40 vs 6) that will cause you to spin the R18.

The stock differential settings are rubbish on race cars, but especially so on the R18 - you're right that they will have you spinning every time you touch the throttle. Have a look through the tuning section of GTP - or take the excellent advice from @purpdino and use the Pescarolo :cheers:

I posted a tune for the Pescarolo elsewhere, if you're using a DS3. I think I've now increased the spring rate by 1.00 at at both ends for better stability. Haven't tried it for this TT, but can't imagine it'll be too far from a gold time. You can see how "wrong" the stock diff settings are: 10/40/20 vs 8/6/25, and it's the acceleration setting (40 vs 6) that will cause you to spin the R18.

I have it set to 10/20/20. I use a G27, it's still very annoying to drive. Doesn't help that I dislike Apricot Hill. I leave the suspension settings on stock. I just give up after a few tries and just hotlap the Nürburgring for a while.

I have it set to 10/20/20. I use a G27, it's still very annoying to drive. Doesn't help that I dislike Apricot Hill. I leave the suspension settings on stock. I just give up after a few tries and just hotlap the Nürburgring for a while.

20 is way too high for the acceleration setting. If you watch the tyre graphic as you hit the throttle, you'll be lighting up your outside rear tyre. That's one of the things causing you to spin out. The second is suspension. Most of the race cars have a very soft front suspension as stock, which causes the front end to grip too much relative to the rear. They generally have a near 50:50 weight distribution, but if you don't want masses of turn-in oversteer you'll need to stiffen the front springs. I'd expect it to be more manageable with a wheel than a DS3 but if you're struggling, it's something else I'd recommend adjusting.

I didn't use the big Pescarolo, but the second one (C60 I believe- upgrades to 692pp) because I didn't want to spend the money. I'm not an exceptional driver, just using a DS3, and I was able to get gold after about 10 laps. Bit of a handful, but fun.

Not that many high ranking setups for this event so I will share mine.

Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05 (700PP/ 972 BHP/ 900 kg)
SUSPENSION:
40/60
13.74/ 17:00 changed 13.74/ 16:85
1/ 1
1/ 1
6/ 7
0.0/0.0
-0.30 / 0.30 changed -0.10 / 0.30

BRAKES: 2/ 4

TRANSMISSION:
first set power settings
Reset to default
initial final gear 3.200
max speed to 240 km/ hour
final gear to 2.000
gears

DRIVETRAIN:
7/ 7/ 7

POWER:
98.1%

LOW RPM RANGE TURBO KIT

BODY:
600/850

Oil change and rigidity inprovement

Currently 1:04:969 for 51st

used this setup , thx @oooMaXimumooo

Lol, If you drive 3 QM events you have the money to buy this car.....

I didn't say I couldn't afford it haha. I'm just a cheapskate and I don't like spending money on these things....I have one car left to buy of the top 15 most expensive.
And, I find these seasonal are fun to see what you have in your garage and see if you can make it work. Having a different car than everyone else makes things interesting.💡

Back