700PP 1980 or Later / 2-Wheel Drive Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway

Discussion in 'GT6 Seasonal & Quick Match Events' started by nowcontrol, Nov 3, 2016.

1. nowcontrol

nowcontrol

700PP 1980 or Later / 2-Wheel Drive Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway

TT#58 - 700PP 1980 or Later ~ 2-Wheel Drive Racing Car Super Lap @ Apricot Hill Raceway.png
    ^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
    [TT#58] - 700PP 1980 or Later ~ 2-Wheel Drive Racing Car Super Lap @ Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header of [above] your posted/linked tunes, and also the tuners full GTP name if it is not your own tune, just as it looks here.
    The full GT6 car list can be viewed HERE for copy & pasting.

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
    of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

:gtplanet:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  2. MOPARbarrett5

MOPARbarrett5 Premium

This one is fun! Powersliding LMPs are always fun.
    Also I have a hunch that this will be the last time for awhile that I'm ahead of @hotsaucer in a time trial.
    KIMG0450.JPG

3. beau231

beau231

Already beaten my 1:03.690 best lap here from the last time trial on the first day :eek:

4. dingodile_r89

dingodile_r89

Y'all are aliens. Trying to do this with a stock R18 TDI has yielded a bronze and a lot of frustration emanating from violent oversteer.

Wolf68 likes this.
  5. purpdino

purpdino

Use the Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd '05. Super easy.

6. Kossie

Kossie

I make a 1:06 at the 5th try. First turn is tricky. But this is fun :cheers:

7. Senna52

Senna52

That's mad fast. (By the way, are you remembering your old time or did you post it in the previous thread?)

This one is certainly all about flow. Miss an apex by a meter or two and it hoses you for multiple corners. At 1:05.1xx for now, with probably a second or so left to pick up. Good luck out there mates, this is a fun one!

8. beau231

beau231

Went through GT time trials and found it, i finish top 10 last time too

Senna52 likes this.
  9. spikyone

spikyone

The stock differential settings are rubbish on race cars, but especially so on the R18 - you're right that they will have you spinning every time you touch the throttle. Have a look through the tuning section of GTP - or take the excellent advice from @purpdino and use the Pescarolo :cheers:

I posted a tune for the Pescarolo elsewhere, if you're using a DS3. I think I've now increased the spring rate by 1.00 at at both ends for better stability. Haven't tried it for this TT, but can't imagine it'll be too far from a gold time. You can see how "wrong" the stock diff settings are: 10/40/20 vs 8/6/25, and it's the acceleration setting (40 vs 6) that will cause you to spin the R18.

Marc30599, Uday9479 and Wolf68 like this.
  10. dingodile_r89

dingodile_r89

I have it set to 10/20/20. I use a G27, it's still very annoying to drive. Doesn't help that I dislike Apricot Hill. I leave the suspension settings on stock. I just give up after a few tries and just hotlap the Nürburgring for a while.

11. spikyone

spikyone

20 is way too high for the acceleration setting. If you watch the tyre graphic as you hit the throttle, you'll be lighting up your outside rear tyre. That's one of the things causing you to spin out. The second is suspension. Most of the race cars have a very soft front suspension as stock, which causes the front end to grip too much relative to the rear. They generally have a near 50:50 weight distribution, but if you don't want masses of turn-in oversteer you'll need to stiffen the front springs. I'd expect it to be more manageable with a wheel than a DS3 but if you're struggling, it's something else I'd recommend adjusting.

StanNz, Wolf68 and Cevedale like this.
  12. GT40 MKII

GT40 MKII

I can only manage a 1:11.741 then my c60 goes to crap. Ive done about 20 laps at the time of this post.

13. Retiree

Retiree

1.06.973 3rd lap in the Pesco Hybrid po 33, couldn't believe that so I checked and already had gone to po 34. Best I've ever been but tomorrow will be another story.:cheers:

jotafduarte, Dalone, Jeje6410 and 3 others like this.
  14. UpTopLog

UpTopLog

Great stuff. Anyone got a tune for this beast here.

Retiree likes this.
  15. bone_tone

bone_tone

See post #9 above

UpTopLog, Wolf68 and spikyone like this.
  16. coryclifford

coryclifford

Stock TS030! 615 PP. Sweet. :cool:

1:10.888

MoparGTS, phineas777, Senna52 and 4 others like this.
  17. Wolf68

Wolf68

dude you are an alien...lol:bowdown:

Retiree and coryclifford like this.
  18. Benny44

Benny44

I didn't use the big Pescarolo, but the second one (C60 I believe- upgrades to 692pp) because I didn't want to spend the money. I'm not an exceptional driver, just using a DS3, and I was able to get gold after about 10 laps. Bit of a handful, but fun.

Retiree, McLarensFinest and Wolf68 like this.
  19. Kossie

Kossie

Lol, If you drive 3 QM events you have the money to buy this car.....

Edit: I make a 1:05.869. But man that Beau is so fast here. Is this a grinding car?

Retiree and McLarensFinest like this.
  20. DrAug

DrAug

used this setup , thx @oooMaXimumooo

21. Kossie

Kossie

Aha I using the high turbo. Go try the low tomorrow. Is that really faster?

Retiree likes this.
  22. Benny44

Benny44

Lilium, Wolf68 and Retiree like this.
  23. Kossie

Kossie

Fantastic time mate, You are lucky that the 2X is not possible :lol::tup:

Wolf68 and Retiree like this.
  24. Dashyankuro

Dashyankuro

Peugeot 906B Evo 1 Bis LM '92 made Gold

25. UpTopLog

UpTopLog

yip

Retiree and Kossie like this.
  26. Kossie

Kossie

That would be fun tomorrow... :cheers:

Retiree likes this.
  27. oooMaXimumooo

oooMaXimumooo

This is funny, I came here to look for a setuo

28. hotsaucer

hotsaucer

@beau231 am I right in saying someone in the top ten last year didn't use the P60? Perhaps 905B? Great driving too bud

Wolf68 and Retiree like this.
  29. beau231

beau231

Yes, I hate the 2X

Everyone in top 10 used p60, 905B was closest to it but you couldn't get 1:03s with it

BenMillard, Wolf68 and Retiree like this.
  30. McLarensFinest

McLarensFinest

Got me a 1.05.013 for 14th then the next lap was up 8 tenths and thought I was a hero and thought I could go flat out last turn ended up hitting the wall then almost in the pits fun times lol