Latest GT Sport Screenshots Highlight Time-of-Day & Weather Changes

GTPNewsWire

Contributing Writer
United States
GTPHQ
Last edited by a moderator:
The best thing that I've seen from the night driving, is the absence of that annoying headlight flicker.

The Horse theift track does not count as a new track. It is the same location so its still 6 track. We want real better or returning tracks not the same old boring tracks like willow. Its nice to see that there is different weather types but what's the point in having that if it doesn't change throughout?

The Horse theift track does not count as a new track. It is the same location so its still 6 track. We want real better or returning tracks not the same old boring tracks like willow. Its nice to see that there is different weather types but what's the point in having that if it doesn't change throughout?

I agree, but that's not how Polyphony tends to count things. They'll take whatever measures they can to boost asset count, and there are numerous examples of this in past games.

I agree, but that's not how Polyphony tends to count things. They'll take whatever measures they can to boost asset count, and there are numerous examples of this in past games.
Yes, but it's not just Polyphony who does this. Most do this when advertising track count I believe. I'm pretty sure Forza does

Counts as anew track to me. Was not in GT before. Might be at the same location. Same as Brands Hatch, Monza, Nurb, Sarthe, SR5, Autumn Ring, and Silverstone.

Of course. But I would still call Streets and this track a configuration, even though it isn't linked with big Willow, if you know what I mean. :)

It looks like that the weather and time will be similar to Assetto Corsa in terms of functions.
The car headlights doesnt illuminate the front of the car, it is just visible lights. Like in Assetto Corsa.
The weather must be selected. Like in Assetto Corsa.
The time must be selected. Not like Assetto Corsa but if you want sunset in Assetto Corsa there is no way for it without selecting a weather that does so.

With this in mind, we can only expect full iluminated tracks to feature night time. Nurburgring 24h at night will be unlikely in GT Sport. Tokyo is a city track, so it might have a chance.

Im glad to see that it wont be as bad as I expected, it is a shame GT Sport be weak in terms of weather and time change, but it is what it is.

The car headlights doesnt illuminate the front of the car, it is just visible lights. Like in Assetto Corsa.
With this in mind, we can only expect full iluminated tracks to feature night time. Nurburgring 24h at night will be unlikely in GT Sport. Tokyo is a city track, so it might have a chance.
gts1ths9i.gif

Still a valid point. Is that gif from the direct caption or the trailer?

Still a valid point. Is that gif from the direct caption or the trailer?
That was from the trailer. But from the RedBull post last month:
The quality improvement brought about by the enrichment in brightness capacity are most obvious during night races when cars have their beams on full and there exists an incredibly high level of contrast between the headlights and darkness around them.

http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331827632764/gt-sport-ps4-pro-improvements

Looks like a trick because only 2 cars look to show their lights are on hi-beam and the others have their parkers on. While the cars on the outer parts of the track, cast their beams of light.

Parkers doesn't illuminate the headlight that much though, I'd say they're on low beam

That was from the trailer. But from the RedBull post last month:

http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331827632764/gt-sport-ps4-pro-improvements

I hope you are right. However, my observations are made not on the trailer, but on this picture:

Gran-Turismo-Sport_2016_12-03-16_057.jpg

And this video:

It is strange that trailer show headlights working while this photo and the replay doesnt. And all these two are not cases of low beam...

There is more from another topic...

upload_2016-12-5_15-43-24-png.612298

upload_2016-12-5_15-45-23-png.612299

Even more on the 124 pictures but I am filling this post way too much already.

Last edited:
My guess is: in the trailer the sky is still bright enough to light the road surface and therefore you dont see the headlight beam and in the trailer the sky is heavy cloudy in the afternoon where its darker and therefore the lightbeams are brighter than the natural light and is visible on the surface.

I installed new xenons on my car a few weeks ago and found that you really just see the lightbeam when its rather dark outside.

Or maybe the track surface is just less reflective at brands hatch than at the nürburgring because its newer?

Back