Forza Horizon 3 Wins Best Racing/Sports Title at The 2016 Game Awards

I didn't really check language in the video so possible language warning. I also felt like making a whole new thread for this was unnecessary.

Watchmojo.com ranked Forza Horizon 3 as the best Xbox One Game, overall. Not just racing or sports.

Well deserved win for FH3:bowdown:

Indeed. It feels like such a slight to point out it didn't have to really compete with much for the win, at least in terms of racing games. AC on consoles didn't have a snowball's chance. F1's focus is just too narrow (which seems a little unfair, considering there's two soccer titles that were nominated). DiRT Rally is a great self-contained experience that feels great, but suffers a similar problem. WRC 6 and NHE had no chance, while SLR Evo looks almost last-gen.

The game is a great, great less-serious racer, though. Hits on a lot of strong points, to the point it makes most others in its sub-genre feel incomplete.

2017 should be a hotly-contested year, though...

VXR
It's very rare to get games that are as consistently polished as the Forza titles are, year in, year out.
This. Not only that, they continue to get better and better during those periods as well. 👍

Well deserved win for FH3.

As soon as I saw it was the only Racing Game nominated and that it was going up against Sports titles, my heart sank as I honestly doubted that the Game Awards would ever choose a racing game to win over sports titles.

Turns out, I was THANKFULLY wrong. Due to financial situations I still have been unable to play the game, but I've heard nothing but positive things about it, and videos alone it seriously looks like one of the most well-polished, addicting, and expansive racing games I've come across. The Forza series' track record after over a decade is just astounding.

Of interesting note was that I only just picked up another Xbox 360 back in April (I hadn't had one since late 2009 due to RRoD) just because I wanted to play some Forza again, and my god I've been hooked on the series ever since. As much as I wish to upgrade my PC, I do want to get me an XBOX One so I can play Horizon 3 aswell as Forza 6 and just have an absolute blast whilst doing so.

I don't know if it's well deserved or just that there aren't any other games that came close to winning because honestly I feel like Forza wasn't innovative enough. Sure, the graphics are incredible, the sounds are nice and the car list is awesome but what has really changed since FH2 or even since the 1st one? We still got the same body kits we had in all previous Forza games and after a decade we still can't change exhausts or get a pre made one when changing them from stock. Also when removing weight the interior stays the same and the wheel rotation is still locked at 180°. Imo very crucial parts of a racing game that don't get the attention. Also, imho, I feel like there's too much focus on mixed surface races and the PC version still suffers from perfomance issues and I still can't get my wheel to work (Im on pc using t500rs). I'm not trying to look down upon the game as I enjoy the car list and the freedom of the open world but in a nutshell it's pretty much the same thing just on another map. Nothing all too special but still fun to waste time on.

Last edited:
We still got the same body kits we had in all previous Forza games

TIL Liberty Walk and Rocket Bunny kits were in previous Forza games

--

That aside, easily deserved win for FH3. This game is simply astonishing.

I'd say it was the second best game in the category - PES 2017 would have been my pick easily - but still congratulations to Playground Games.

I don't know if it's well deserved or just that there aren't any other games that came close to winning because honestly I feel like Forza wasn't innovative enough. Sure, the graphics are incredible, the sounds are nice and the car list is awesome but what has really changed since FH2 or even since the 1st one?
This is the first game since FM2 last century to get me to spend money on new hardware just to play it. If this experience has been replicated amongst enough of my fellow gamers then I have no problems with this achievement being rewarded by the industry.

Back