Can't Wait For GT Sport in 4K? Here's Gran Turismo 3 Instead

I would be happy if GT6 was finished. What happened to the concept cars that were advertised and hinted at?

PD found something else to do, or maybe they forgot, or maybe they assumed we'd forget, etc. It doesn't really matter. They all end up in the same place, a disappointed fanbase that has been conditioned to accept disappointment so that it feels like the norm, not the exception.

Wow, that was cynical of me, I must have zoned out there for a second! GT3 sure did feel good at the time though, so did GT4. But the video game that I miss the most from the late 90's early 00's? A little something called Sports Car GT. Wow was that great, and mods through the roof on PC, it was fantastic.

I thought Emulation was looked down on here...
Emulation is not looked down upon, it just depends on what "you" do with Emulation. Like you can't you know pirate the game, but I am pretty sure most of the GTP members here own Gran Turismo 3 as well as the other games and demos (Some demos are hard to look for online now). Naturally, we can't discuss what we do to these games. Modding and Hybriding sections in particular, since it is illegal to do that online, but I don't understand it for the PSX and PS2 games at all. A lot of people in the past hacked through GT's architecture for remains of demo test files of some kind, but we can discuss the methods of how to do it since it's on YouTube or on another website that supports modifying games.

===============================

However, I think GT3 upscaled to a 1080P HDMI is good looking enough. The textures feel a bit more polished to me as well.

I thought PS2 only goes up to 1080i ? So the PCSX2 emulator magically gives it 1080 progressive scan capability ?

I was expecting footage from PS3 and then the theoretical blown wey up to 4k .

Long live ! Although I'm another one of those suckers for GT4 , 3 seems more like a tech demo not to feature many vehicles

I thought PS2 only goes up to 1080i ? So the PCSX2 emulator magically gives it 1080 progressive scan capability ?

I was expecting footage from PS3 and then the theoretical blown wey up to 4k .

Long live ! Although I'm another one of those suckers for GT4 , 3 seems more like a tech demo not to feature many vehicles

PCSX2 can render PS2 games at any arbitrary resolution... in theory you could even play GT3 in 8K with it. That being said, some games will break or experience graphical glitches if they're forced to run at anything other than native resolution or a multiple of it. And even if it doesn't cause glitches, you'd better have some beefy hardware if you want playable framerates.

Haven't tried messing with GT3 or 4 much in PCSX2 since they ran poorly in my past experience, but Final Fantasy XII runs astonishingly well in 8K, whereas Shadow of the Colossus is playable but slightly sluggish at 4K. (This is on a rig equipped with a 4790K and a GTX 10800... :P)

Its nice to see 4K GT3. My PC cannot handle that. :)

What i want for GT7 is not 4K, but great Single player mode (AI, racing weekends, championships, true car classes, pit radio, strategies, teams).
ON graphics side, FUllHD @ 60fps is enough for this generation (maybe even the next).
What i do want to be better are trackside objects being on (almost) same graphics level with cars (people, trees, pit crews on pit wall, spectators) - In short - more life (ehm Tokyo Express.),
Anything you can see on real life racing tracks will bring more life to the lifeless racing tracks in GT.

Things like old GT original tracks, family cars, small cars, kei cars, weather and day truly working and changing and headlights working on all cars at the same time, non flickering shadows - i'm are not even mentioning as they are necesarry to even think about buying new GT for me.

EDIT: SOUNDS - not only for cars, but spectators too, maybe even birds when you park on Nurb or so.. (I know that in racing car you hardly hear anything but car, but it adds atmosphere.

Last edited:
THE PPHHHISCHYYKS ARE SOO BAADDD!!!!

Seriously can GT go back to being an arcade game?
Not sure if sarcastic, but wasn't not necessarily an arcade game (well maybe GT1 was hehe). GT had a great concept that inspired games like Forza. It just needed further improving to match modern times with great selections of cars, tracks, modes, and a event creator. Too bad it made the route to hardcore sim land with GTS. :\

Topic: Nostalgia hit me hard with that video, but I can't watch it in 4k though (old laptop). :P

Not sure if sarcastic, but wasn't not necessarily an arcade game (well maybe GT1 was hehe). GT had a great concept that inspired games like Forza. It just needed further improving to match modern times with great selections of cars, tracks, modes, and a event creator. Too bad it made the route to hardcore sim land with GTS. :\

Topic: Nostalgia hit me hard with that video, but I can't watch it in 4k though (old laptop). :P
No, not being sarcastic. What most people enjoyed about the old GT games was the game itself. It didn't need to be overly realistic. It simulated a close enough version of reality to the point at which you felt like you were driving 'a car', and then the game did the rest.

2000s & the 90s ... Those times where you remember Initial-D - Ridge Racer - Test Drive Le Mans - Racing Lagoon - Enthusia Professional Racing - Choro-Q - Vanishing Point - Sega Rally - Sega GT & etc.

Last edited:
One of my fave tracks particularly at night/reverse ...remember El Capitan and all the Rally stuff in GT3?
too many weird tracks with no 'character' in later games but I suppose some of its down to limited licensing copyrights et al

Ha
Back in the day,,, gt1 was well a simulator compared to nfs. Will never forget how blown away I was laugh out loud

Latest Posts

Back