Assetto Corsa Console v1.12 Thread - Entering Submission This Week

Mmm, great news, indeed. I too dont know why they dont put events in the last update. Personally, I am enjoying a lot these events.

I love these events. Today, I discovered drifting, had never given it a shot before. Two hours later, I had to stop myself shy of getting every single medal in drifting.

I never understood how much fun drifting could be until today.

I'm getting tired of seeing people post that question. they've already said they are working on it, probably not coming in the next update. you'll just have to wait.
I'm quite enjoying the online, there a few ass holes spoiling it but I've had a few really good close races with some respectful drivers.
Really? I get wrecked in every race, doesn't matter if I'm the fastest car or not, people don't treat this as a simulator and I'm tired of it! So I'm not sorry that the question annoys you because I'm annoyed and I hope Kunos is annoyed at this point too!

I am just in no man's land since I am a fanatec ps4 user and refuse to go back to a controler for more than a random race here or there.

Really? I get wrecked in every race, doesn't matter if I'm the fastest car or not, people don't treat this as a simulator and I'm tired of it! So I'm not sorry that the question annoys you because I'm annoyed and I hope Kunos is annoyed at this point too!
Hmm,let's think about that for a minute. Probably a couple thousand people got a PS4 and the game for Christmas. Like any other online racing game is any different. So unless you have 16 friends playing,good luck.

Hmm,let's think about that for a minute. Probably a couple thousand people got a PS4 and the game for Christmas. Like any other online racing game is any different. So unless you have 16 friends playing,good luck.
I'm not sure I truly understand your point, the online for this game has been it's weakest point since it came out... Not to mention that nobody played it for the first few months... There has always been people on this game, where their main goal was to wreck everyone. Sure the holidays have made it worse, but its always been horrible!

I'm not sure I truly understand your point, the online for this game has been it's weakest point since it came out... Not to mention that nobody played it for the first few months... There has always been people on this game, where their main goal was to wreck everyone. Sure the holidays have made it worse, but its always been horrible!
You must have some terrible luck. I've had some actual really good races. There is wreckers in every online room. Get some friends together.

You must have some terrible luck. I've had some actual really good races. There is wreckers in every online room. Get some friends together.
Definitely have horrible luck, but I just want to be able to race what I want, where I want, and when I want with my friends! I just can't get over the fact that they didn't put that in the game from the start!

There are plenty of idiots who, after making an error, use the race as an opportunity to test the damage model on others instead as opposed to turning it into a test session.

Last night I had a rough race in GT3 at Red Bull Ring where one goon thought it would be a good idea to park his 488 GT3 on the exit of T2. After that I had a terrific race at Imola in the Maserati Gran Turismo MC GT4 highlighted by a race-long battle for P3 with another fair but tough driver. My tyres were horribly flat-spotted for the final 3 laps but we traded blows until I just nabbed P3 at the flag.

I experienced both the best and worst of online last night. GT3 is notorious for wally racing so that was no surprise but the Maserati race was terrific fun.

Last edited:

Yes really. I know it's hard to find a good room but you will find one eventually. My advice; by all means practice but don't set a lap. Start at the back. Yes you'll have a few accidents to avoid but I've been totally wrecked on the first corner when I've been on pole.. especially at Spa! But thinking of some starts I've seen in F1 it's quite realistic :) If you take the approach of working your way up the field you might find someone nice to race with. I've had some good battles for 4th or 5th I don't care that I didn't win. And try not quit. Finish what you have started!..... I have quit a few times though :( the rage the RAGE!!!!

Yes really. I know it's hard to find a good room but you will find one eventually. My advice; by all means practice but don't set a lap. Start at the back. Yes you'll have a few accidents to avoid but I've been totally wrecked on the first corner when I've been on pole.. especially at Spa! But thinking of some starts I've seen in F1 it's quite realistic :) If you take the approach of working your way up the field you might find someone nice to race with. I've had some good battles for 4th or 5th I don't care that I didn't win. And try not quit. Finish what you have started!..... I have quit a few times though :( the rage the RAGE!!!!

It's normally when I'm passing back markers...

I am just in no man's land since I am a fanatec ps4 user and refuse to go back to a controler for more than a random race here or there.
Cronusmax Plus. It Really works... Full PS4 functions in the Game Full FFB, No LAG!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013E2KD5M/?tag=gtplanet-20

this has been a NON-Paid Public Announcement!
If you've got Fanatec, G25, G27, DFGT with the PS4, this $65.00 unit is what you want to get.

List of Compatible Input devices ( Controllers and Wheels )
http://cronusmax.com/manual/list_of_compatible_controllers.htm

edit: spelling mistake.
to add this link
How to hook it up.
You Need a USB 2.0 HUB
( get one that has been tested and know to work. Not all HUBs work )
1st configure the device by connecting it to your PC
Use PC to Set the device in PS4 Wheel Mode.
It will now remember this setting and you won't need to connect to the PC again.
Connect the DS4 to the HUB ( Higher port # )
Connect your Wheel to the HUB ( Lower Port # )
Connect the HUB to the CronusMax Device
Connect the CronusMax to the PS4

http://cronusmax.com/manual/racing_wheel_connecting_to_ps4.htm?

List of tested HUBs ( other may work, but aren't on the test list )
http://cronusmax.com/manual/compatible_usb_hubs.htm

Last edited:

Most of them spin off into the walls. Or fly off so far from the first turn. Ahoy clear road. If not lap two.

It's tuff unless you can lockdown your lobby to all but trusted drivers and friends. My enjoyment of AS is restricted to running laps and trying to figure out how to tune understeer out of certain cars. I also enjoy testing if I can hang with the AI on hard settings. I hope Kunos can use the example set by GT as far as their on-line race lobbies are concerned.

I would love AS physics, sound with GT's graphics and on-line function. That just might be the best video game sim ever.

It's tuff unless you can lockdown your lobby to all but trusted drivers and friends. My enjoyment of AS is restricted to running laps and trying to figure out how to tune understeer out of certain cars. I also enjoy testing if I can hang with the AI on hard settings. I hope Kunos can use the example set by GT as far as their on-line race lobbies are concerned.

I would love AS physics, sound with GT's graphics and on-line function. That just might be the best video game sim ever.

I don't know to be honest. I felt Gran Turismo's graphics were looking dated and I always felt there was a hint of cold colour tone to it. The tyres always looked a bit plastic?

Actually had a fantastic race 3 times yesterday. Finished in the top 5 in all 3 races and the top 5 guys stayed in lobby. Good drivers.

The general rule is to go softer on the front to dial out understeer. Dampers, springs and ARBs in proportion. You can also go harder at the back if the car's too soft to start with. I've made some tricky cars drivable with those simple rules across any game that respects the laws of physics.

Do as I do. Friend every single good clean racer you can find and try to race with them only.
Unfortunately I still get a lot of those sick pricks but Kunos already announced that private lobbys are coming soon.
Friend me if you want. Me and a bunch of "good guys" are preparing an Assetto Corsa league.

Do as I do. Friend every single good clean racer you can find and try to race with them only.
Unfortunately I still get a lot of those sick pricks but Kunos already announced that private lobbys are coming soon.
Friend me if you want. Me and a bunch of "good guys" are preparing an Assetto Corsa league.

I wonder if the private lobbies meet the satisfaction and there is a boom in leagues...

The 'boom' has already occurred.
You may have to do some digging to find them.

Best tip: Keep grinding away in the public lobbies.
Someone will see your talent and invite to join them.

Last edited:
Back