Forza Horizon 3 is the 2016 D.I.C.E. "Racing Game of the Year"

A well-deserved victory if you ask me. Sure, there have been some downs alongside the ups, but hey, you can't improve if you don't make mistakes to begin with. Forza Horizon 3 continues to deliver a fantastic experience for me, and I can always find ways to shake it up a bit every now and then thanks to the huge cast of vehicles and the awesome Blueprint feature. 👍

Horizon 3 has received well deserved praise from all quarters and was an amazing game.

So good in fact that Forza Motorsport is now under pressure to catch onto the trail that horizon is forging. Another 'wash and repeat' game from Turn 10 could spell troubles in the future. There are just too many games now that offer more.

Horizon 3 has received well deserved praise from all quarters and was an amazing game.

So good in fact that Forza Motorsport is now under pressure to catch onto the trail that horizon is forging. Another 'wash and repeat' game from Turn 10 could spell troubles in the future. There are just too many games now that offer more.
Very true, FM6 should have been named FM5.1 because that's all there is. if the new title will just feel like it's FM5.2 with rallycross added then I'm not even interested.

Well-earned. I have my own personal gripes with a few minor details and the overall philosophy/attitude of Turn 10 over the past year, but the game itself is fun to play and has a lot to offer.

The only problem I have with Forza Horizon 3 is that there's so much of it. Everything else is vastly improved over FH2 (especially if you have a capable PC).

I'm not sure why Dirt Rally wasn't even nominated at this award. In fact, I wonder how the nomination process works, because from the look of things it was only up against DriveClub VR. Stacking the deck?

Forza have dominated here over the years - though why FM5 and FM6 have won (Forza have taken 3 of the last 4 years) I'm not sure...

Surely simulations like Project Cars and Assetto Corsa are doing more for the field of racing on console than another rehash of micro transaction, same old same old games.

But I guess these guys aren't on the board of directors - unlike Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony.

Award seems a little dodgy if you ask me.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, but in comparison, Playground Games definitely has a longer leash, so to speak, to expand the Horizon world upon where as Turn10 is literally confined to a circuit for most of the game's core.

What do you think T10 could do to switch up the Motorsport franchise out of curiosity?

When you can barely play a video game with the free controller that came with the console before resorting to adjusting the settings, I'm not sure how PCars or Assetto Corsa deserve to win against a polished, accessible title from the Forza series.

What do you think T10 could do to switch up the Motorsport franchise out of curiosity?

Pros-
Insane number and variety of cars
Fun door-to-door racing
Endurance is back!
Free Play is 50 laps offline
Smooth menu navigation
Windscreen rain and dirt effects
Great garage mode to show off the cars and graphics

Cons-
Career is a long, boring and pointless grind
No qualifying or race weekend
Simple physics, track and tire temperature
Average track feedback
Lack of dynamic weather
Pre-baked lighting on tracks
Free play does not have enough options to tailor a race
Game should focus on license racing and not mixed events
Audio is for the most part lame. Still not up to Forza 4 heights
Little innovation in the series since Forza 3

It is a shame that the game has so many many things against it as I really do enjoy it, but there is no point juggling a few good balls when you leave the rest lying on the floor. Perhaps they need a new engine as Turn 10 has now released the same game 4 times in a row and other games like Pcars2 will go flying past.

Forza's consistent success with their racing franchise is nothing short of amazing, tbh. I remember NFS had the same year-to-year booming success from the ol' NFS Underground until Carbon series.

Here's to more wacked out car lists and fun/serious racing from both FM7 and FH4!

VXR
Simple physics? Haha, good one. They're not simple at all.

The reason I say simple is because the game is set up for online racing, not realistic driving. On FM6 it is crazy just how deep I can brake into the corner and still get around it. In RL there is no way the weight of the car would allow me to stay on the track.

Assetto Corsa models this much better. When I start slightly missing the braking point I am either in the sand or my lap time is 5-10 seconds outside my best. Pcars 2 is doing some great things with temperature and the variable weather makes for a far more complex system.

By no means think that I do not like Turn 10. I play Forza several times every week and really enjoy the game. I am just concerned that Turn 10 could be left behind if they make little innovation moving forward.

Playground is doing some amazing things in Horizon- I hope that Turn 10 can follow suit.

Last edited:
@Dresden conversely, I found the feel of FM6 so spot on for my driving style that I actually got out of a slump in my real car and started to have more confidence behind the wheel. Assetto Corsa on a pad feels pretty wonky to me.

Pros-
Insane number and variety of cars
Fun door-to-door racing
Endurance is back!
Free Play is 50 laps offline
Smooth menu navigation
Windscreen rain and dirt effects
Great garage mode to show off the cars and graphics

Cons-
Career is a long, boring and pointless grind
No qualifying or race weekend
Simple physics, track and tire temperature
Average track feedback
Lack of dynamic weather
Pre-baked lighting on tracks
Free play does not have enough options to tailor a race
Game should focus on license racing and not mixed events
Audio is for the most part lame. Still not up to Forza 4 heights
Little innovation in the series since Forza 3

It is a shame that the game has so many many things against it as I really do enjoy it, but there is no point juggling a few good balls when you leave the rest lying on the floor. Perhaps they need a new engine as Turn 10 has now released the same game 4 times in a row and other games like Pcars2 will go flying past.
What do you mean freeplay does not have enough options to tailor a race?

What do you mean freeplay does not have enough options to tailor a race?

I would love to experience custom grids offline so we can really set up the conditions we like. Assetto Corsa and Pcars both lack this feature as well and it is the main feature I feel we need in sim racing.

It also annoyed me that v8 supercars are s class cars. That is crazy! Let us race a field with r class with a massive amount of proper power. Truck Racing fields would have been fun, instead of just have them ruin other people's racers.

Setting up custom championships with the those fields would also have been awesome.

I enjoy racing that has 1-2 hour practice, 45 min qualify and 15 lap racing. And a points championship that makes it worthwhile. Forza is too much based on quick racing for my liking.

But I guess this conversation is out of place in Horizon forum. Lol. Which, incidentally, I did like, and that was my original point.

Last edited:
I would love to experience custom grids offline so we can really set up the conditions we like. Assetto Corsa and Pcars both lack this feature as well and it is the main feature I feel we need in sim racing.

It also annoyed me that v8 supercars are s class cars. That is crazy! Let us race a field with r class with a massive amount of proper power. Truck Racing fields would have been fun, instead of just have them ruin other people's racers.

Setting up custom championships with the those fields would also have been awesome.

I enjoy racing that has 1-2 hour practice, 45 min qualify and 15 lap racing. And a points championship that makes it worthwhile. Forza is too much based on quick racing for my liking.

But I guess this conversation is out of place in Horizon forum. Lol. Which, incidentally, I did like, and that was my original point.
Yeah I'm not sure Horizon is an appropriate game for all those ideas.
It sounds like you're talking about FM6.

Horizon is what won the award, not FM6.

Yeah I'm not sure Horizon is an appropriate game for all those ideas.
It sounds like you're talking about FM6.

Horizon is what won the award, not FM6.

Yes, McLaren asked me what I would I would do to switch things up for Turn 10 so I replied things I did not like about FM6. Things went off track after that. lol.

My thoughts on Horizon are all positive. Any game that show innovation between editions gets my thumbs up. Horizon has grown from 1-3 and should get console racing game of the year.

Yes, McLaren asked me what I would I would do to switch things up for Turn 10 so I replied things I did not like about FM6. Things went off track after that. lol.

My thoughts on Horizon are all positive. Any game that show innovation between editions gets my thumbs up. Horizon has grown from 1-3 and should get console racing game of the year.
Ahh..wasn't paying enough attention.

Back