New Details Emerge About Project CARS 2's Manual Pit Stops, Multi-class Racing, and More

yes... All cool features but the core if the game?
I am pretty sure the driving in PC2 will be not sp simulation...
SMS spend too much time showing things not strictly necessary but look.cool and create hype...

YES PC2 will be a GTS/FM.killer cause it will be a simcade too... ;)

SMS spend too much time showing things not strictly necessary but look.cool and create hype...

What are you talking about? Project Cars is not "simcade", neither are Forza Motorsport or GranTurismo. Simcade is a label reserved for games like GRID Autosport and DiRT. I would say that right now the most "legit" sim out there is iRacing but that does not mean that titles like GT, Forza and pCars are "simcade"... I would say that Project Cars with all assists off is the most difficult of the three but something being hard does NOT make it more "realistic". I am curious why you deem the three titles "simcade" (which is a label the Darren at Inside Sim Racing coined). I understand that as far as rules and flags and the like the three titles have a ways to go but the Driving model of all three is quite realistic and not based in Arcade physics whatsoever.

PC2 will be released on both consoles. You can just have both.

The multi-class racing isn't new. It was there in PC1. Also, with the 30 different classes with less than 200 cars, I can only suspect that two classes will be fully decked out (GT3 & LMP2), and the others will have 1-3 cars.

Can you believe all the Project Cars 2 news in this short space of time, absolutely killing GT Sport. What a wonderful new year of new racing games, this is going to be amazing .

GT has been brain dead for years. Alive? Yes. But not functional.

P Cars is definitely the future. This Q&A is very helpful. PD can't even keep their "pitstop" site active.

This game may just set the standard for features in a racing sim. Fingers crossed it all works smoothly. Could be the go to game of this console generation for offline circuit racing and maybe online too.
This game will set the features for a simcade... I cannot believe that SMS can give us a driving model on par to real simulators like AC, RF2, iR, R3E and so on... They are able to make funny driving games but not able to make simulators...

What are you talking about? Project Cars is not "simcade", neither are Forza Motorsport or GranTurismo. Simcade is a label reserved for games like GRID Autosport and DiRT. I would say that right now the most "legit" sim out there is iRacing but that does not mean that titles like GT, Forza and pCars are "simcade"... I would say that Project Cars with all assists off is the most difficult of the three but something being hard does NOT make it more "realistic". I am curious why you deem the three titles "simcade" (which is a label the Darren at Inside Sim Racing coined). I understand that as far as rules and flags and the like the three titles have a ways to go but the Driving model of all three is quite realistic and not based in Arcade physics whatsoever.
pCars driving model is realistic? compared to AC or R3E pCars is an arcade game...
pCars like FM and GT are all simcades cause they are not so accurate in their driving model like real simulators cause they aim to have a wider audience...

Really? TIL GTR, GTR2 and GT Legend are "funny driving games". :rolleyes:

He was not referring to those games as funny. He is saying prior to and including P Cars, SMS has made 'funny' racing games. I completely disagree but it's a simple misunderstanding. All I gotta say is thank God another developer has come aboard. If not for P Cars, PS4 racing would consist of mostly Gran Turismo...in other words, we'd die of starvation.

Last edited:

Overall I agree with your points, and ESPECIALLY agree with this statement:

"something being hard does NOT make it more "realistic""

I do however want to state that even the almighty iRacing is not the most "legit sim out there". It doesn't even offer dynamic time of day or dynamic weather. Just did the 24 Hours of Daytona and the entire 24 hours was run in the night with clear skies. Yeah, that's a real "legit sim".... LOL

And don't even get me started on the flaws and lacking features in AC that prevent it from being a "legit sim".

None of the current crop of "sims" can truly claim to be a "sim", because they all lack some key elements. So far, pCARS2 looks to be the closest yet. If you discount the few bugs in pCARS1 it is also by far the closest of the current crop.

hopefully none of the features will be pc only
Everything presented in the article will be available on all 3 platforms equally.

All the "game features" are the same for all 3 platforms. Everything we talked about so far.

The main differences for the PC version are "technology features" since PC is a more open platform. Extra input/output device support, or triple screen rendering...things like this. But "multi-class racing"...of course this will be on all 3 platforms. It would be _more_ work for us to hide this from PS4 for example..we don't like more work for nothing.

If we go into pigeonholing, for what I currently have on my XBox One I feel it is like this:

sim: Assetto Corsa, Project CARS, Dirt Rally
simcade: F1 2016, Forza Motorsport 5&6, Forza Horizon 2&3, The Crew
arcade: Need For Speed

Everything presented in the article will be available on all 3 platforms equally.

All the "game features" are the same for all 3 platforms. Everything we talked about so far.

The main differences for the PC version are "technology features" since PC is a more open platform. Extra input/output device support, or triple screen rendering...things like this. But "multi-class racing"...of course this will be on all 3 platforms. It would be _more_ work for us to hide this from PS4 for example..we don't like more work for nothing.
Will there be no triple screen support for PS4?

If you had 3 PS4's,sorry I should have wrote that.

Just curious is Sony is still supporting this? Never went to the PS4 as I switched back to PC when pCARS1 came out. With such a big focus by the industry on VR, I'm just curious if this method of triple screen support is still even "a thing"?

Just curious is Sony is still supporting this? Never went to the PS4 as I switched back to PC when pCARS1 came out. With such a big focus by the industry on VR, I'm just curious if this method of triple screen support is still even "a thing"?
I'm actually not sure either? That's why I asked them. :confused:

I'm actually not sure either? That's why I asked them. :confused:

The hardware/OS would have to support it before the game could even offer it. So I guess the bigger question is.... does PS4 still even support this? Yes, I know the PS3 did, but don't recall ever seeing anything definitive about it for PS4.

The hardware/OS would have to support it before the game could even offer it. So I guess the bigger question is.... does PS4 still even support this? Yes, I know the PS3 did, but don't recall ever seeing anything definitive about it for PS4.
Yeah,I'm going to look into it. My son's buddy is selling his PS4.

This certainly gets better and better! Multi classes? That'll be interesting online :), but loving the formation and parade lap! With GTS, we are taken care off for a while with racing peeps

Back