• 47 comments

TJ13

Dark Theme. Thank you.
Premium
United States
Minnesota
TJ136
From Sony's blog.
Playable demo of GT Sport is available at Pax east.

Full List is here.

• Boundless
  • Cosmic Star Heroine
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Cryptark
  • Dino Frontier
  • Disc Jam
  • Eitr
  • Everything
  • Farpoint
  • Full Throttle Remastered
  • Gang Beasts
  • Gnog
  • GT Sport
  • Loot Rascals
  • MLB The Show 17
  • Nex Machina
  • Nidhogg 2
  • Pox Nora
  • Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
  • Rain World
  • Rime
  • Sundered
  • Tooth & Tail
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
  • Windjammers
  • Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

I highly doubt that there will be something new again, but they say good things come to those who wait (well, hopefully). It's either we see some new wheels and some new tracks or this game is righteously screwed in terms of development time.

From Sony's blog.
Playable demo of GT Sport is available at Pax east.

Full List is here.

• Boundless
  • Cosmic Star Heroine
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Cryptark
  • Dino Frontier
  • Disc Jam
  • Eitr
  • Everything
  • Farpoint
  • Full Throttle Remastered
  • Gang Beasts
  • Gnog
  • GT Sport
  • Loot Rascals
  • MLB The Show 17
  • Nex Machina
  • Nidhogg 2
  • Pox Nora
  • Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
  • Rain World
  • Rime
  • Sundered
  • Tooth & Tail
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
  • Windjammers
  • Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles
Don't you know date?

I am just waiting for E3 for some real new information, an updated demo and most importantly a release date. If we don't hear anything then, then I have fear a 2018 release date. In fact I give up on the first GT I have only fleeting interest in.

Last edited:
GT Sports will be a disappointment to many bona fide Gran Turismo fans. The number of cars has dropped significantly, as have the tracks.

i said the same thing,differently worded,in another section on here,at that tag heuer sponsor article,compared to project cars 2,gt sport is a dissapointment that i no longer purchase it on day 1,i'll pick this up on the cheap from the budget bin,PD try harder is my statement to them.

Rjo
i said the same thing,differently worded,in another section on here,at that tag heuer sponsor article,compared to project cars 2,gt sport is a dissapointment that i no longer purchase it on day 1,i'll pick this up on the cheap from the budget bin,PD try harder is my statement to them.
Could you imagine if you heard someone say that about GT3?

Yes, we would believe GTS should have over 500 cars if GT6's content was used. For whatever reason it looks like it won't happen. There have been educated guesses that those models weren't complex enough to be used in GTS.

They haven't let a silly little thing like that stop them in the past. :lol:
They were supposed to be making GT7 and it was supposed to include standard models. In the past, they weren't known to be as inconsistent as they were with GT5 and GT6. Or maybe I've overlooked something?

Could you imagine if you heard someone say that about GT3?

Yes, we would believe GTS should have over 500 cars if GT6's content was used. For whatever reason it looks like it won't happen. There have been educated guesses that those models weren't complex enough to be used in GTS.
Well that's the detail i'm pointing out here,i'm aiming this directly at gran turismo sport,the number of cars is not perse the problem,it's what there offering compared to project cars 2 and heck i'll even throw forza 6 in there too in it's current state,they have a list that i'm like now that's the kinda content i and many racers want,nice looking pininfarina car but i'd much rather drive and throw an aston martin vulkan around a track with all the dynamic weather tod that project 2 can offer on any track respective of other cool cars,you get what i'm trying to say now hopefully?? PD NEED TO TRY HARDER,instead of a watch sponsor they should go after a porsche license or heck also get that aston martin vulkan,if they would've provided a weather system like forza 6 i'd be ok but as it stands now the package within gts is barebones especially compared to project 2!!

Sure pCARS 2 has shown off fancy weather and puddles on the track, but a majority of people race in daylight in clear weather when given the option. pCARS 2 has a lot to prove as well for many people who were disappointed by FFB bugs, invisible walls, pit stop bugs.. etc in pCARS 1 that were never resolved.

Rjo
Well that's the detail i'm pointing out here,i'm aiming this directly at gran turismo sport,the number of cars is not perse the problem,it's what there offering compared to project cars 2 and heck i'll even throw forza 6 in there too in it's current state,they have a list that i'm like now that's the kinda content i and many racers want,nice looking pininfarina car but i'd much rather drive and throw an aston martin vulkan around a track with all the dynamic weather tod that project 2 can offer on any track respective of other cool cars,you get what i'm trying to say now hopefully?? PD NEED TO TRY HARDER,instead of a watch sponsor they should go after a porsche license or heck also get that aston martin vulkan,if they would've provided a weather system like forza 6 i'd be ok but as it stands now the package within gts is barebones especially compared to project 2!!
I expect better from PD, as well. I know what you mean. We'll probably have to wait after GTS releases to know everything. It's frustrating waiting for news. I'm with you on that.

I hope I have a chance to go to this... I live close by!

EDIT:
just looked online, it says it's sold out. Bummer!

Last edited:
I expect better from PD, as well. I know what you mean. We'll probably have to wait after GTS releases to know everything. It's frustrating waiting for news. I'm with you on that.
I'm glad were on the same page,don't get me wrong,i played and still own all the gran turismo's but these days you can't deny they have been surpassed,assetto corsa might not be a looker but the handling,sounds plus i got it both on pc and i'm very impressed by the ps4 version might i add,playing it on a pro,it got me hooked,fantastic racer,same goes for project cars,can't wait on the sequel,gts eventhough it looks pretty,it looks and comes across like a soulles diamond,it shines bright and beautifull but i'd rather much have the diamonds in the rough that will shine through with their fanatic and enthusiastic care taken to be formed to shiny diamonds aka project,assetto,etc.

Incredible how these "little bit of news" threads instantly turn in to "where is my game" threads. :rolleyes:
I don't think it's a case of where's my game in general,it's more a case of when can they deliver compared to direct rival forza minus the horizon titles, brought out 5 and 6 with 7 incoming,that's 3 racing titles on xb1, and ps4 still awaits greatness from gts???

giphy.gif

Why would they delay bringing this game out only to take it to multiple events worldwide, rubbing our noses in it? Is it actually not ready? I agree with earlier comments, not putting some sort of beta out for us is poor!

They were supposed to be making GT7 and it was supposed to include standard models. In the past, they weren't known to be as inconsistent as they were with GT5 and GT6. Or maybe I've overlooked something?

Despite being delayed, GT3 was released relatively early in the PS2 lifecycle. They didn't need to use the old PS1 assets, which would have looked like total arse next to the PS2 ones. GT4 obviously had more than enough content on it's own.

It was only on PS3 that they first had the opportunity to use older models that wouldn't look completely out of place, at least from the outside. They weren't anywhere close to the premiums, but from far enough away they blended in.

On the other hand, on PS4 I suspect that most people would be hard pressed to tell the difference between a late model premium and a GTS model. Some of the early GT5P premiums were a bit ropey, but between GT6-era assets and GTS would probably require zooming in quite a lot, I think. In motion on a race track I seriously doubt there would be much difference.

It's slightly irritating that they came too soon on that one. PS3 was the wrong time to use old assets, but they did. PS4 is the right time to do so (or at least consider it), and they're not.

And I'm with you on the better to delay than release a game that's a steaming pile idea. A bad game is a bad game forever. A late game can occasionally be good.

They haven't let a silly little thing like that stop them in the past. :lol:
True. But they got a severe reaction from that, especially by lots here. If PD uses old assets (standard cars in gt5 & 6) they catch flak. If they don't they get the same with reduced car count. They need to keep the car count and the car quality high to win. But that won't stop criticism of the game, it'll move to something else like the lack of dynamic time of day and weather. But that dropped frame rate on gt6. So they dropped it and (supposedly) kept frame rate steady. It always seems like one thing or another and the game can't win no matter what it does right or wrong. I myself try to look at it in a different manner. I don't go in expecting this and this, so when I do get something I didn't expect, it's a pleasant surprise. But not everyone looks at it that way, which is fine.

True. But they got a severe reaction from that, especially by lots here. If PD uses old assets (standard cars in gt5 & 6) they catch flak. If they don't they get the same with reduced car count. They need to keep the car count and the car quality high to win. But that won't stop criticism of the game, it'll move to something else like the lack of dynamic time of day and weather. But that dropped frame rate on gt6. So they dropped it and (supposedly) kept frame rate steady. It always seems like one thing or another and the game can't win no matter what it does right or wrong. I myself try to look at it in a different manner. I don't go in expecting this and this, so when I do get something I didn't expect, it's a pleasant surprise. But not everyone looks at it that way, which is fine.
I think many people here would love to criticize the game if they would actually be able to play it. Like I said in the other thread 4 years of development to come up with a closed demo?... Of course expectations are high for them to deliver the best seeing their history and their massive budget, but ever since GT5 they haven't delivered anything new or groundbreaking anymore.

You wait and you wait and you wait, and then you get a half arsed game. Not fun for any fan of the series especially when you see the competition turn out one game after the other that does deliver.

Back