Project CARS 2 Rallycross Trailer Released

I'm glad to see some PC2 news, the music is a curious selection but the video is great.
Rallycross is going to produce some awesome online racing.

Awesome visuals, terrible music in my opinion. :)

Really glad to see this style of racing in pCARS though. I wasn't a big fan of any type of rallying in the past, but the Rally expansion for the first Forza Horizon made me a convert, if only a casual one. I kinda hope we'll have a separate online license for these type of events, because I have a feeling I won't do nearly as well in the dirt as on tarmac. :)

Last edited:
Really glad to see this style of racing in pCARS though. I wasn't a big fan of any type of rallying in the past, but the Rally expansion for the first Forza Horizon made me a convert, if only a casual one. I kinda hope we'll have a separate online license for these type of events, because I have a feeling I won't do nearly as well in the dirt as on tarmac. :)
For me the tight mixed-surface circuits of FH1 were the #1 highlight of that game on the racing side of things. 👍

Rallycross looks like so much fun in PCARS2, and the number of tracks for those cars dwarfs all other games if you count dropping snow onto tarmac circuits. ;) With LiveTrack 3.0, in theory, one could also take a practice session and invent your own rallycross layout for fun, rutting up the grass and tracking dirt or mud across the track surface. Gotta love side effects that emerge naturally from simulation elements.

Nice jumps, look at how the cars behave when the land. Superb!
Yeah it's really loads of fun just because the handling/ FFB and behavior on gravel feels so natural. Of course they tried it in VR, with a DD wheel and on a motion rig which enhances the experience, but I feel the same and I don't have any of these goodies at home :).

Rallycross, snow on tracks and drift is great for testing and fixing PC1 problems with over steering and drifting.. it was horrible at the beginning then they patched it and it got a bit better but still very "limited" in that area.. all this rally thing makes me more confident that they finally fixed drifting, sliding and crashing in Project cars! Driving and racing itself was brilliant, until you go in over steer...

That looks mental. Can't wait to see the AI trying to out-sideways me! :P

And also in regards to that, are we able to race any cars we like on the RX circuits? And if so will the AI try to throw other types of cars around in slides or drive like they would on a normal track?

Has it been a challenge programming new driving techniques into the AI?

Edit: although i assume the track surface has a lot to do with it too.

I've watched the whole thing and I'm not sure what you mean precisely (plus I'm biased :) ) What particular thing/area are you asking about re. replication?
The exact cars in this video, Race Date, ToD, track and conditions. For the testers. Can they replicate this race, right now, of course. ;)

The exact cars in this video, Race Date, ToD, track and conditions. For the testers. Can they replicate this race, right now, of course. ;)
i think you don't know what you talk about.
This is simulation. So you can simulate all the environmental conditions you want to have.
But the race line, the behaviour of breaking, throtteling, turning, drifting comes from the driver.
pCars and other sims have AI that are NOT scriptet on that behavior, they have their own choice inside some definitions to race the given way that they calculate themselfes. Thats why thy're called Artificial Intelligence.
Thats why every race will be different, regardless of AI or real drivers.
You could only replicate a similar thing, if you do a big film script where real e.g. stuntcar drivers, try to replicate that choreography. So it would last weeks to get the same result. Thats nonsens.

i think you don't know what you talk about.
This is simulation. So you can simulate all the environmental conditions you want to have.
But the race line, the behaviour of breaking, throtteling, turning, drifting comes from the driver.
pCars and other sims have AI that are NOT scriptet on that behavior, they have their own choice inside some definitions to race the given way that they calculate themselfes. Thats why thy're called Artificial Intelligence.
Thats why every race will be different, regardless of AI or real drivers.
You could only replicate a similar thing, if you do a big film script where real e.g. stuntcar drivers, try to replicate that choreography. So it would last weeks to get the same result. Thats nonsens.
I think you guys have a miscommunication. I think 05XR8 is just fishing for information, not asking if you can do the exact same race with exact same driver behavior. That would be absolutely pointless and a big waste, like you said yourself.

apart from the information to the cars/track list he will not get and if you look at the Rally Cross trailer effects, this question is answered clearly YES.
As i wrote above, pCars2 is the tool, the rest is on you.

If Rallycross in this game is as good as Dirt Rally (or better), then the experience should be a bunch of fun.

Back