Kickstarter Campaign Aims to Turn Your Couch Into a Sim Racing Rig

Doesn't seem like a bad alternative. Was just comparing it to the Wheel Stand Pro which I have for my G29 wheel. While the Wheel Stand Pro takes up just a small footprint, is study and well made, this alternative could suffice and I suspect should sell well at the projected economical cost of less than a third of the Wheel Stand Pro.

received_914171288676538.jpeg

It would also be great with this!

I can just imagine people struggling to the toilet with this strapped to their legs!

Actually, use it while on the toilet. 24 hour races with no breaks!
VR would possibly be the way to go. Now if someone made a comfy reclining toilet throne, I'd be ready to buy. LOL.

I can just imagine people struggling to the toilet with this strapped to their legs!

Actually, use it while on the toilet. 24 hour races with no breaks!

Every now and again you could truly say you had a 🤬 lap!

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0525.JPG
I used to use this with my old Logitech wheel, similar idea. No substitute for bolting the wheel to the table though. I still have this bulky piece of plastic hanging around if it's of use to anyone?

Half a million for a thing you can do at home and it will cost you like 20 bucks? That's a joke, right? And that's not the biggest issue: think about blood flow into your legs (yes, I know, you are young and restless now, but time is against you, keep in mind that).

Cheers!

Half a million for a thing you can do at home and it will cost you like 20 bucks? That's a joke, right? And that's not the biggest issue: think about blood flow into your legs (yes, I know, you are young and restless now, but time is against you, keep in mind that).

Cheers!
Yeah I believe they aimed a little high with the dollar amount. I think its a solid product and would sell but they will never raise over half a million dollars. I like at the end of the kickstarter page they state that if they reach 700k they will be able to work on it full time. :confused: I would think half a mill would be enough to warrant some full time attention. :odd:

Wow just got my g29 today, realised i didnt have anything suitable that i could substitute as a racing rig for my ps3/4 and then tonight this comes up on gtplanet. You guys are lifesavers! :lol:

I'll be looking into this definately! :cheers:

View attachment 643939 I used to use this with my old Logitech wheel, similar idea. No substitute for bolting the wheel to the table though. I still have this bulky piece of plastic hanging around if it's of use to anyone?

Hopefully y'all can work that out

I was shocked at the what seams like an incredibly ambitious pledge goal, can't see it hitting its target. It also looks like it would be incredibly uncomfortable after a short while ( 20 -30 minutes ). Rather than spend a few bob making your own, just get your ironing board out.

Wow just got my g29 today, realised i didnt have anything suitable that i could substitute as a racing rig for my ps3/4 and then tonight this comes up on gtplanet. You guys are lifesavers! :lol:

I'll be looking into this definately! :cheers:
Look into gt omega racing. Great products, affordable and i got my stand with free overnight shipping....on a saturday.

If cost or space is an issue, like it was for me, they have just the stand, which is basically the front half of their lower end cockpits, for 150usd, plus its modular. When you get the extra space/money they sell an extension for like 100 bucks that turns it into the full cockpit, minus seat.

This thing is rock solid, cheap, will fit any wheel, and comes with 2 different shifter mounts. And dosent take up hardly any room.

View attachment 643939 I used to use this with my old Logitech wheel, similar idea. No substitute for bolting the wheel to the table though. I still have this bulky piece of plastic hanging around if it's of use to anyone?
Hi, I tried this in testing, you have to grip it with your legs and surface has very little grip so your legs ache very quickly. That’s reason for the straps, they remove the effort to keep it in position.

Yeah I believe they aimed a little high with the dollar amount. I think its a solid product and would sell but they will never raise over half a million dollars. I like at the end of the kickstarter page they state that if they reach 700k they will be able to work on it full time. :confused: I would think half a mill would be enough to warrant some full time attention. :odd:
Hi, there seems to be a common issue with the goal so let me try and explain, the goal is based on all the cost needed to tool up, manufacture, and distribute. I think people get used to seeing products on KS which are finished products and you are not really kickstarting a product. You see a finished product designed by team of 6 and they can delivery next month on the £35K goal (for example)? They are just using KS for advertising not for actual helping someone start a business.

To give you some idea of costs, to deliver an injection moulded part at retail price which is basically ½ to a 1/3 of other options it takes tooling cost of in the region of £100k - £200K, and distribution costs of over £100K to move enough units to give you a product a good price, the actually cost price of the part is not $20 let alone by the time you add tax, other necessary professional fees plus marge to pay the tooling off you end up with breakeven point of £423K, That doesn’t give me any income, I’m grateful for you getting my business off the line and I hope to get that down the line.

What I’m trying to do is give the average gamer a chance to use a wheel where they want to and not rip them off in the process. It’s designed by a gamer for gamers, and I’m out on all the costs so far which aren’t include in the goal! I’ve used my prototype type for over a year before release, I’ve used it for hours without any problems or it irritating me. When done I just put it down the side of couch so it doesn’t annoy my misses!

Anyway if I don’t meet my goal then you’re not out of pocket, but if I do you get a product which I know works really well at a price which is a lot less than other options and you can use it on the bog! (not an official line;) )

I hope you can support me and it actually won’t take too many of you to start eating into that goal!

Cheers James

Cheers!
Hi, the straps only need to be loosely done up to provide enough support, you don’t need to ratchet it up! Because of the width of the straps and your legs are on them too it remains very stable, I’ve never had to adjust it mid race.

just buy G29 or T300 and make wheel stand yourself out of wood, really easy and cheap, also more stable and can be any size you want! Internet is full with tutorials!

Back