Forza Horizon 3 Set to Receive Free Xbox One X Update

Cool stuff, shame it'll still be 30fps though.
Are you sure?

My guess was it will bump to 60fps in 1080p on the new system.
I find that more likely than 4k, unless I missed something in the article.

Are you sure?

My guess was it will bump to 60fps in 1080p on the new system.
I find that more likely than 4k, unless I missed something in the article.
You might have missed something in Microsoft press coverage of the Xbox One X. The system will still run in 4K then downscale to 1080P to offer better Anti-aliasing and sharper image quality. Framerates are not changed. It is possible that a third party game may offer High framerate 1080P output on the system, (a few PS4Pro games do this) But first party games will prioritize supersampling for Image quality over higher framerate.

You might have missed something in Microsoft press coverage of the Xbox One X. The system will still run in 4K then downscale to 1080P to offer better Anti-aliasing and sharper image quality. Framerates are not changed. It is possible that a third party game may offer High framerate 1080P output on the system, (a few PS4Pro games do this) But first party games will prioritize supersampling for Image quality over higher framerate.
Works for me. I plan to be knee-deep in other games for quite some time by then.

What's the word on downloaded games on the regular x1's?
Will I be able to transfer FH3 to a new x1x, or will they accidentally put value on hard disc's by making people rebuy?
(FH3 is my only downloaded game)

What's the word on downloaded games on the regular x1's?
Should be able to re-download the game on the New XBox One X without any issues. As long as the account owns the game you can download it on to any Xbox connected to that account. And the save file should transfer through the cloud saving.

Here is some info on transferring games from an existing XBox One to the upcoming XBox One X :

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...fer-your-settings-from-xbox-one-to-xbox-one-x

Some key features :
* you can copy games from X1 to X1X over your own home network.
* you can already download the enhanced X1X game files on your X1, then copy them to X1X once you have the console.
* ofc you can also just copy from X1 to X1X with an external storage device.

jpg

During Gamescom they also showed the nex upcoming menu GUI for the XBox One family where scrolling will be more horizontal instead of vertical. Not sure if I like that in particular but the GUI itself looked great (I already like the XBox GUI a lot more than PS4, it even gets better).

I'm not sure if you download the extra X1X enhanced game files for the X1X if the game will still be compatible with the X1 (maybe some HD gamefiles will be deleted and replaced by 4K files). Since I plan to keep both the X1 and X1X in my home network (X1 @ racing rig and X1X in living room) I will copy all my games from the X1 to the X1X and then only start "upgrading" them once they are on the X1X.

For sure will need an extra external storage device as well, already got a Samsung T3 500GB SSD but that one alone won't cut it. I will need to buy a (slower) external HD of a couple TB as well. The games I play a lot and want to give some faster loading times will be on the SSD, the games where it doesn't matter much or I don't play often will be on the HD.

For the record that T3 SSD I have makes quite a big difference in loading times for racing games, even for the X1X I don't think the internal disk is changed much over the X1 so I can really recommend an SSD to speed up your X1 or X1X loading times. It doesn't have to be the very expensive 1 or 2 TB models, with 250 or 500GB you're fine already, just put your most used games on that and leave the rest on the internal drive (or another slower but cheaper external HD).

Last edited:
Cool stuff, shame it'll still be 30fps though.

30 FPS isn't bad if it's solid. Recent builds of the game have been dropping below 30 FPS on Xbox One, which is where the experience really gets negatively affected. No doubt 60 FPS would have been superior though.

Back