TT Isle Of Man: Ride on the Edge Screenshots and Gameplay Footage

It felt odd having the viewpoint remain static, as if the rider's head was trying to emulate a tank's main gun.

Now we just need some bright moders to rip this game apart, extract the track and make it available for rFactor & Assetto Corsa. Who in their right mind would want to tackle that asphalt monster on two wheels? Four wheels good, two wheels baaaaad!

Two wheels bad? Yeah right. They crash and win there every year. So it's a must to simulate the event... with cars.

Some hack job already stretched the limit of PS3's capabilities with a fantasy track editor... though it doesn't look anything like what I just saw above.

Include this circuit in GT7, Kaz. I know cars are rarely allowed to race there but that shouldn't stop your powers that be. Unless the Sony and PD are too short sighted to take on something that other developers are certainly wringing their hands to accomplish. Screw second!

hmm, good but your head doesnt stay central when turning, well, it shouldn't :) no body movement stimulated there, hope they add it

It seems promising, although not impressed by how the bike sounded. Hopefully, they'll pay more attention to that aspect. Also, the view seemed to tame and linear. Would help to make it more dynamic and add a visceral touch to give it that edge of the seat feel.

Really looking forward to this.

On the viewpoint in the clip: I presume they will include an option for a third person viewpoint behind the bike.

I always use the first person/bonnet viewpoint in car games - but this doesn't work with bike games because of the difference in the physics between car and bike racing.

In car racing you steer by turning the steering wheel (more or less). In bike racing you steer by adjusting your body weight on the machine - steering inputs into the handlebars are very slight.

You cannot replicate this experience in a bike game, so in the first person view you are deprived of the sense of balance necessary for the steering technique.

However, if you use the third person view you have a visual equivalent of this sense of balance. It's like a visual gyroscope or something.

I think the engine sound is fine - it's not that interesting because it probably comes from a machine that isn't interesting.
There's nothing to beat the thump from the low-revving twins of the old British bikes! So I hope they don't limit themselves to "superbikes".

It looks like your helmet is flying along, 4 feet above the ground, while the bike swings from side to side below you, not touching the ground at any point.

This body steering thing is a myth and is proved simply by looking the bars and trying to turn the bike just by shifting your weight. Then try turning the bike using only the bars and not shifting your weight. To be most efficient it is a combination of both bar input (majority) and body weight. But if you could only use one bar input is more important. You can turn a bike by leaning it and keeping the bars straight but the amount of control extremely limited by doing so (for example while moving a bike around in the pits or garage)

The main problem with the helmet cam is the reference point most bike games (cough cough milestone) use. They lock the helmet so when you turn the helmet stays on the line you intended while the bikes sways offline. Yes this looks real as if you filmed with a GoPro but control of this is terrible and not how it is in real life. Or they lock the bike&helmet as one so your bike stays on line as expected but now your view tilts with the bikes and you look at the road/track sideways. for me personally Tourist Trophy came the closest it getting this correct. 3rd person view was terrible because you seemed to control the rider not the bike, but the helemt view was great. I've given up on there ever being a sequel and it's amazing that people would rather race Semi-trucks and moonbuggys before considering having bikes in their car games. Milestone is hopeless they just don't have a clue as to how to make a decent bike game, so while I'm not a fan of the TT course (road courses in general) if this plays decent I'd give it a shot and hopefully they follow it up with a licensed SBK game

Now we just need some bright moders to rip this game apart, extract the track and make it available for rFactor & Assetto Corsa. Who in their right mind would want to tackle that asphalt monster on two wheels? Four wheels good, two wheels baaaaad!
As far as the element of danger and excitement goes, this is the most exciting race that exists.

200mph with death waiting around every corner, on two wheels without any protection besides the helmet on their heads, it's the most thrilling race in the world, in my opinion.

This race wouldn't be half as good if it was ran with four wheels.

Kylotonn seem to have done a cracking job in bring Isle of Man to life. It looks terrific so far.

I have zero interest in bikes so getting it in a car game would be epic. Multi-class endurance racing here would be amazing, particularly when dealing with traffic on the narrow sections.

On the viewpoint in the clip: I presume they will include an option for a third person viewpoint behind the bike.

I always use the first person/bonnet viewpoint in car games - but this doesn't work with bike games because of the difference in the physics between car and bike racing.

In car racing you steer by turning the steering wheel (more or less). In bike racing you steer by adjusting your body weight on the machine - steering inputs into the handlebars are very slight.

You cannot replicate this experience in a bike game, so in the first person view you are deprived of the sense of balance necessary for the steering technique.

However, if you use the third person view you have a visual equivalent of this sense of balance. It's like a visual gyroscope or something.

I think the engine sound is fine - it's not that interesting because it probably comes from a machine that isn't interesting.
There's nothing to beat the thump from the low-revving twins of the old British bikes! So I hope they don't limit themselves to "superbikes".

When at the TT they said they are concentrating on superbike and supersport machines with the possibility of sidecars.

Apparently they won't have any other real world circuits but a few fictional ones.

Can't wait to do a 6 lap superbike race online!!

I've played all my PC and console bike games using the first-person views. I know what you're getting at but with practice, you can connect with it pefectly fine. Gives an insane sense of immersion particularly if the camera moves around like an actual rider's helmet.

TT bikes sound anything but boring! They sound just as thrilling as they are to ride. Friend of mine went to a TT event couple of years back - he did not have the words to describe the sound of the bikes as they zoomed past the crowd, exhausts wailing and echoing off the surroundings. Not just bike games, but most racing games suffer from this - they can't get the shifting sounds right to begin with. It sounds very monotone as a result with no "in between shifting" or transitional sound as you shift gears. Furthermore, the uprevs and downrevs can sound very canned and robot-like. Luckily, some developers do pay more attention to this aspect and the engines/exhausts actually sound convincing - check out vids of the upcoming MotoGP 2017.

On bike view is reasonably hard until you get use to it, Ride 2 is an improvement from the rest of the bike games before. Moto GP 2017 is the best yet, I'm not as fast as chase view 'behind the bike' but again its fun and challenging, in this replay below I try to keep the nose of the helmet in the middle where I want to go.

On bike view is reasonably hard until you get use to it, Ride 2 is an improvement from the rest of the bike games before. Moto GP 2017 is the best yet, I'm not as fast as chase view 'behind the bike' but again its fun and challenging, in this replay below I try to keep the nose of the helmet in the middle where I want to go.

Man... Ride 2 has so much potential. If they can make the bikes sound completely real and lock the game at 60 fps on consoles, I'd add this to my collection in a heartbeat. Great helmet viewpoint by the way.

Kylotonn seem to have done a cracking job in bring Isle of Man to life. It looks terrific so far.

I have zero interest in bikes so getting it in a car game would be epic. Multi-class endurance racing here would be amazing, particularly when dealing with traffic on the narrow sections.
I'm curious what it would be like in Forza or PCARS. Tried it on rFactor and it was pretty meh. But I'm thinking that the source wasn't that great, seemed super flat mostly and wider than I expected.

Look out today guys it looks like the first trailer will be released. Make sure you follow Isle Of Man TT the game on the usual social media outlets.

EDIT: Teaser trailer has been released. Releasing November 2017 on PS4 (gonna clash with GT Sport :( !), XBOX and PC.

Link to teaser. Looks awesome! Will be interesting to see how many official teams and riders they have!

Last edited:
I'm curious what it would be like in Forza or PCARS. Tried it on rFactor and it was pretty meh. But I'm thinking that the source wasn't that great, seemed super flat mostly and wider than I expected.

I would absolutely love to see bikes in a Forza or CARS game. But it seems quite unlikely, as they are squarely focused on just cars, which is great.

However, it would be really cool to see a third product in the Forza universe - something like Forza Riders or Forza Superbike.

Team VVV have just uploaded their interview with the game developer. Some facts that stood out for me was there will be no spilt screen mode. Disappointed by that as even the previous TT game back on PS2 had that feature. Online multiplayer will be for up to 8 players. There will be 32 official riders/teams. There was also a hint of dlc content. Hopefully this will be like a legends thing!

We certainly see a lot more of the game in this interview playing in the background. Consdidering it's an early build the track & surroundings looks very impressive! Still need to add the tramlines at the bungalow though :D

This sounds like a stupid question but does anybody know which circuits will be in this game? Obviously IoM will be in but will other road racing tracks be featured?

Back