Lotus Evora GT430- the most powerful road legal Lotus ever!

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 24 comments

RocZX

Premium
United States
New York
It has a supercharged 3.5-liter V6 which makes 430hp (436PS) and 440Nm (325lb-ft) of torque.
It weighs 1,258kg dry.
0 to 60 in 3.7 secs.
The aero kit produces 250kg of downforce at 305km/h top speed.
Only 60 will be made.

Lotus-Evora-GT430-01.jpg
Lotus-Evora-GT430-04.jpg
Lotus-Evora-GT430-12.jpg

Last edited:
We're getting into Aston V12 Vantage/Vanquish territory here with the amount of crossover. It took me a while to realize this was the Evora and not the Exige.

Looks good, but very fussy. The original model had a purity to it that Lotus destroyed when it brought Mansory on board.

I'm not going to lie, it's very impressive, and if I was given one I certainly would not complain. However, whilst it's by no means ugly, in fact it's still a good looking car, it's just a bit too fussy, especially since Masonary came on board.

Just think the original design for the Evora looked much better, especially at the rear, as it looked uncluttered and smooth, just generally looked a really elegant car.

So to summarise,
For $57,000USD more, you get an additional 30hp and the car is 193kg lighter than the 400.

Good value?
I think the guys at hanger111 could get much more out of a 400 for 60K.

I think the original and S version looked way better than the subsequent facelift models. They had a pleasing simplicity about them that these don't have and that new interior looks absolutely toy town in comparison. Those vents are ridiculously sized.

I'm of the opposite opinion that the original car was slightly too sedate, perhaps a bit bland even.

XXI
So to summarise,
For $57,000USD more, you get an additional 30hp and the car is 193kg lighter than the 400.

Good value?
I think the guys at hanger111 could get much more out of a 400 for 60K.
Where are you pulling that figure from?

An Evora is $89,900 starting; the GT430 is around $125,000 when converted. This is a rather good deal for $35,000 more. In the UK, it's only £40,500 pounds more; the Evora starts at £72,000 with this at £112,500.

Last edited:
Where are you pulling that figure from?

An Evora is $89,900 starting; the GT430 is around $125,000 when converted. This is a rather good deal for $35,000 more. In the UK, it's only £40,500 pounds more; the Evora starts at £72,000 with this at £112,500.

Base price per the gtplanet article is 146,000.
146K-90K = 56,000

Not a good deal.
A good deal, if I had the money would be the base 400 paired with a custom Hayabusa V8 pushing 500hp revving to 10,000rpm.
The Busa conversion can be custom built and installed for 30K.
So for 120,000 you'd have a 500hp Evora.

The real question is why the base Lotus Evora checks in at over 3,000lbs stock.

I could buy a Fiero and put a turbocharged Northstar in it for probably a tenth what Lotus charges for the 430 when they actually announce a North American version and its actual pricing and it would be about as relevant to the conversation as an Evora with a Hayabusa engine is.

Last edited:
The conversation about relevance here is indeed irrelevant as it's an exclusive product Lotus is offering with the 430.
They will undoubtedly sell every last one.
The conversation for me at least is performance by dollar, with the 430 it just isn't there.
Then again all manufacturers do this, as they know the wealthy look at me crowd will always be ready to bite.
Interestingly, my brother in Wisconsin has a converted Fiero. It is terribly ugly, but is by far the most fun I've ever had on 4 wheels.

XXI
The conversation for me at least is performance by dollar, with the 430 it just isn't there.
Based on directly converted British pricing for a primarily EU market car, instead of the actual US pricing for the actual US market car that Lotus has not actually announced or shown yet.

Performance for dollar above all else, go buy a Corvette. Your 500 horsepower hand grenade probably wouldn't be as fast as the 430 anyway.

XXI
Base price per the gtplanet article is 146,000.
146K-90K = 56,000
We are the only website apparently with a US price listed as a definite because all we did is convert the pricing directly into US dollars. Autoblog sourced it as $125,000.
http://www.autoblog.com/2017/07/20/evora-gt430-revealed-lotus-most-powerful-road-car-ever/
Only 60 Evora GT430s will be built, at a base price of 112,500 pounds (VAT included) that will escalate quickly with options. That's around $125 grand, assuming you could get one here. Check out Lotus' website for details.
However, another source says we won't even get the car, backed up by the lack of response by those on Lotus forums trying to contact their dealers.
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/07/lotus-evora-gt430/
While Lotus says this particular GT430 will not be available in North America, it did promise to bring a U.S.-spec version across the pond in the spring of 2018. Pricing is a mystery but will assuredly surpass the Evora 410’s low triple-digit price tag.
Not a good deal.
A good deal, if I had the money would be the base 400 paired with a custom Hayabusa V8 pushing 500hp revving to 10,000rpm.
The Busa conversion can be custom built and installed for 30K.
So for 120,000 you'd have a 500hp Evora.

The real question is why the base Lotus Evora checks in at over 3,000lbs stock.
This is a comparison that people throw against exotics all the time. The aftermarket world is a different beast that rarely ever comes out in the black per money spent.

You can spend $30,000 doing that, and your Evora will be worth much, much less than a GT430 at the end of the day. Chances are it will be worth less than a $90,000 new Evora as well.

@XXI

We are the only website apparently with a US price listed as a definite because all we did is convert the pricing directly into US dollars. Autoblog sourced it as $125,000.
http://www.autoblog.com/2017/07/20/evora-gt430-revealed-lotus-most-powerful-road-car-ever/

However, another source says we won't even get the car, backed up by the lack of response by those on Lotus forums trying to contact their dealers.
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/07/lotus-evora-gt430/

This is a comparison that people throw against exotics all the time. The aftermarket world is a different beast that rarely ever comes out in the black per money spent.

You can spend $30,000 doing that, and your Evora will be worth much, much less than a GT430 at the end of the day. Chances are it will be worth less than a $90,000 new Evora as well.

Yes and...

The cost of the car is the difference between what the car costs and what you sell it for. This one will be 1 of 60 that comes from the factory, original, with this level of performance. As @McLaren mentions above, aftermarket mods drop the price of practically every car (at least eventually). On the otherhand, the GT430 may be the cheapest new lotus you can buy when you consider that it is likely to hold its value or actually increase in value better than other evoras. My guess is that it costs substantially less overall than a regular evora.

I think that makes it a good deal.

-> Okay, I'm a bit confused here.

-> Besides the power output and price; what are the differences between this new Evora GT410 Sport and this, the GT430 Sport?

^ I still like the GT430 S better.

Back