Forza 7's Car Roster Presented in Infographic Form

Is there a comparison list where you can see what cars are new in the series and which ones are repeating or were in previous Forza games?

The next stat is one we hope Turn 10 hasn’t grabbed from in-game: the cost of the rarest cars. Unsurprisingly, Ferrari dominates this one, with the 250-series cars almost sweeping the list. Only Stirling Moss’ Mille Miglia winner punctuates the red, and the $42 million it’s listed at does line up with recent real-world estimates.

You know, that is actually something I don't agree with. In FM7 the most expensive car was 2,000,000 credits if I'm not mistaken. You could win that on your newbie level 2 wheel spin or else buy it a couple of levels later with the cash you earned. You could have ANY car you want within a couple of hours playing.

Seeing as how in FM6 I had over 100,000,000 credits in the bank and every car (incl. livery dupes) in my garage after 3-4 months of playing, those real life prices would actually be nice for FM7. It would be great if there were some extremely expensive cars in the game, it would give the grinders something to work for as well. Yes 50 mill sounds a lot, but that is for the most expensive car already. The drop off is quite steap with the 5th expensive car "only" being 17 mill. And besides, with over 700 cars in the game and these super expensive cars already being in previous Forza games multiple times, is anyone really going to miss having them from day one on? And there is always the auction house as well where people might be selling this car as well for a lower price than the dealership.

Let's hope FM7's economy system is a bit more challenging than the joke that FM6 was. In FM6 when credits were in abundance why bother challenging yourself with the tougher mod cards?

I would really love to look forward to expensive cars and work for them, once I can buy them I want it to feel like an accomplishment, instead of winning the most expensive car on your first level up...

With 700+ cars I really don't mind having to start in the cheaper cars and slowly work my way up towards more expensive cars.

If credits flow too easy in FM7 then the best strategy is to sort the autoshow from cheapest car to most expensive and start buying away. Or well, that is always the best strategy with this new car collection system but if after 1 or 2 days you can already have 200+ cars in your garage then IMO the economy system failed again.

I miss the days of GT5/GT6 - where after you raced with your initial car in all the championships it could participate in - you would look at upcoming championships and buy ONE car that could race in those events since that was all you could afford at that time. You actually had to think like "hey, let's buy a cheap 90s Japanese car since that's all I can afford right now but I can then use it in both the JDM 90s championship and the RWD championship". In Forza (or any other current car game with a credits system) the levelling / progression / economic difficulty is IMO too easy nowadays but I guess that's the way it is with this current YouTube generation.

Last edited:
:bowdown:

If GTS' new concept is really the way to go these days, FM7 should do really bad in sales...

Thanks for the the rescue, SMS.
Forza is a first-party franchise with the full weight of Microsoft and Xbox behind it.

It's going to sell at least 2,000,000 copies within the first year regardless of how appealing it is to hardcore racing enthusiasts.

I for sure hope that at least the upgrades and tuning sections have gotten a change.
There have been the same upgrade options since Motorsport 3, and same tuning options since the first game.

Also, I really hope that custom lobbies and clubs (including shared cars) make a return.

I'm not really bothered by the car list as long as they improve the physics.

IMO the physics on Forza 5 are miles better than 6, ESPECIALLY for race cars. GT cars handled especially badly on FM6 IMO

You know, that is actually something I don't agree with. In FM7 the most expensive car was 2,000,000 credits if I'm not mistaken. You could win that on your newbie level 2 wheel spin or else buy it a couple of levels later with the cash you earned. You could have ANY car you want within a couple of hours playing.

Seeing as how in FM6 I had over 100,000,000 credits in the bank and every car (incl. livery dupes) in my garage after 3-4 months of playing, those real life prices would actually be nice for FM7. It would be great if there were some extremely expensive cars in the game, it would give the grinders something to work for as well. Yes 50 mill sounds a lot, but that is for the most expensive car already. The drop off is quite steap with the 5th expensive car "only" being 17 mill. And besides, with over 700 cars in the game and these super expensive cars already being in previous Forza games multiple times, is anyone really going to miss having them from day one on? And there is always the auction house as well where people might be selling this car as well for a lower price than the dealership.

Let's hope FM7's economy system is a bit more challenging than the joke that FM6 was. In FM6 when credits were in abundance why bother challenging yourself with the tougher mod cards?

I would really love to look forward to expensive cars and work for them, once I can buy them I want it to feel like an accomplishment, instead of winning the most expensive car on your first level up...

With 700+ cars I really don't mind having to start in the cheaper cars and slowly work my way up towards more expensive cars.

If credits flow too easy in FM7 then the best strategy is to sort the autoshow from cheapest car to most expensive and start buying away. Or well, that is always the best strategy with this new car collection system but if after 1 or 2 days you can already have 200+ cars in your garage then IMO the economy system failed again.

I miss the days of GT5/GT6 - where after you raced with your initial car in all the championships it could participate in - you would look at upcoming championships and buy ONE car that could race in those events since that was all you could afford at that time. You actually had to think like "hey, let's buy a cheap 90s Japanese car since that's all I can afford right now but I can then use it in both the JDM 90s championship and the RWD championship". In Forza (or any other current car game with a credits system) the levelling / progression / economic difficulty is IMO too easy nowadays but I guess that's the way it is with this current YouTube generation.

Disagree. I'm done with the 'slow to fast' progression in racing games. It's been done to death. I'd much rather be able to purchase the cars I want to drive and get rewarded for that. I don't want to have to grind for the 250 GTO every Forza game every year. I don't want to be forced to grind through endless championships of cars I don't want to drive just to feel like I've "worked" for an expensive car. It's a game, not a job.

FM7 will have the best of both worlds since you'll still have a generous economy which allows you to gravitate to the vehicles you want to drive (and have an open division in career so you can race them there) but also have cars locked behind showcases and championships so there's still incentive to actually complete the career, unlike FM6.

I don't understand this post at all.

Sarcasm. FM7 will sell record numbers while keeping/improving 'old concepts' that GTS (apparently) dismissed and is widely justified as something new. I thanked SMS for Project Cars 2, because i'll only be able to admire FM7 from afar.

@PJTierney , i know, and they've still delivered a massive game. That's my point.

Anyway, really impressed by this iteration of FM. That's all.

Back