Five Things We're Looking Forward to in Forza Motorsport 7

The online element means as little to me as it ever did on any version, I've never bothered with playing online.
What I love about Forza and Gran Turismo (and why I could never get into Assetto Corsa, Project CARS etc) is starting out with a small amount of money, buying a crap car, winning some credits, improving the car to actually win a race or two... and just keep repeating the process until you reach that "tipping point" where you can afford any car and take part in any race.

So I'm really keen to get stuck into the new career mode to see what it has to offer. I barely played F5 and only half-assed F6 so I've missed a lot. Really looking forward to Friday night.

One of the nice additions in FM6 was the way they did rivals mode to where you could basically hot lap on the leaderboard in any car on any track and earn exp and credits while doing so. Hopefully this is still there in 7.

I am also curious to see how the new level up prize system will work. I remember seeing that rather than the spinner used in 6 that it is somehow going to be based on your garage car count and apparently those who have collected more cars have chances at better freebies on level up or at least I think that is what I saw a while back. Looking forward to it.

I also find a game where you start out with limited money, limited cars and need to drive and earn credits to build up the cars and buy more cars more enjoyable for a longer period of time. Games where you can just jump in and drive anything with no focus on earning credits nor buying or building cars always leave me a bit bored.

"Changes to public lobbies now include allowing players to practice the track before starting a race and to host non-racing lobbies. Leagues are also set to be further refined as well."

I think that's really kind of interesting if I understand in correctly that you'd be doing laps with other cars, but essentially just focusing on your time and your interaction.

Along with you guys I, too, like building a garage up with earned credit.

I'm just excited that we get a track focused car collecting and modifying game on PC. I enjoyed the hell out of Horizon 3, and long for an ability like in gt6 to run tracks in evenly matched cars (online at least).

bf3
From ex GT fanboy - Forza destroying GT since GT3/4 with Forza 3/4 ;)

Actually I thought Forza 2 was quite a bit better than Forza 3. I really hated the way they did the AWD swaps in 3 and the removal of user created public lobbies hurt it a lot as well.

If GT5 would have had a real set of leaderboards it would have went over a lot better for the people I race with. The other big issues where Forza beat it out were not being able to invite a friend into a race in GT and no party chat ability. The three of these together turned off a lot who had played Forza already.

I'm also looking forward to the play anywhere feature. I'll have this now for Xbox one/ one X, and when I get a proper PC I'll be able to play there, as well.

I'm also looking forward to the play anywhere feature. I'll have this now for Xbox one/ one X, and when I get a proper PC I'll be able to play there, as well.
That is by far the biggest appeal to me. When Forza 4 came out I bought the Fanatec Elite wheel to go with it which I used for both Forza on the 360, GT on the PS3 then they announce that it will not work with the XBox 1. When I saw that Forza 7 would be available on the PC and all of my wheels supported that was a big plus for me. I waited for the demo, downloaded it and gave it a try on my PC with the Fanatec wheel then placed my preorder for the Ultimate Edition.

Will be nice to play Forza with my Forza wheel again

I'm mainly interested in rules and penalties for online racing, folks who cut need to have time added to their lap and a slow penalty or something. Since the time penalty removal after Forza 3, online has been a mess of cutters and in Forza 5 Turn10 thought it would be a great idea to put tire walls everywhere they aren't and changing the sight lines of many courses and creating extra hazards not present in the real course. Hopefully penalties are back and some sort of ranking system is in place. Nothing ruins a room faster than one knuckled head deciding to plow into everyone in the first corner, seems to happen the longer the game has been out late adopters with low levels online driving things like Civic in S class.:banghead: Even worse is someone with absurdly high level and they are crashing other cars or cutting in places where tirewalls wouldn't fit. Come on Turn10 penalties for off road with a forced cool off to remove the offending time you gained cutting also instant dirty lap so you can clutter the leaderboards with your cheating.

I heard penalties are back, but I haven't seen it mentioned. I want to believe.

I'm mainly interested in rules and penalties for online racing, folks who cut need to have time added to their lap and a slow penalty or something. Since the time penalty removal after Forza 3, online has been a mess of cutters and in Forza 5 Turn10 thought it would be a great idea to put tire walls everywhere they aren't and changing the sight lines of many courses and creating extra hazards not present in the real course. Hopefully penalties are back and some sort of ranking system is in place.
https://ar12gaming.com/articles/forza-7-adjudication
When asked about how Turn 10 plans to tackle the issues that plague online play in Forza Motorsport 6, Giese said the new Adjudication System in Forza Motorsport 7 will penalize players who cut corners, crash out other players, or do something else that could potentially give you an advantage or wouldn’t be considered sportsmanship. These penalties will see the game “take you down,” Giese said, revealing that players who cheat or race unclean could face added time on to their final lap and race total, or have their result marked as ‘dirty’ in Rivals.

Hopefully it works well.

Nothing ruins a room faster than one knuckled head deciding to plow into everyone in the first corner, seems to happen the longer the game has been out late adopters with low levels online driving things like Civic in S class
Low levels on the game don't necessarily mean anything, to be honest. Hey, I also drive Civics in high classes too, we're not all bad :P

Even worse is someone with absurdly high level and they are crashing other cars or cutting in places where tirewalls wouldn't fit.
Just like low levels, high levels don't really mean anything either. It is not representative of skill at all.

Low levels on the game don't necessarily mean anything, to be honest. Hey, I also drive Civics in high classes too, we're not all bad :P

Just like low levels, high levels don't really mean anything either. It is not representative of skill at all.

Correct.

The player rating system back in the days of 360 was also useless, but some people read too much into it. On either an Xbox.com forum topics or ForzaMotorsport.net topic, someone once decided that my comment wasn't worth taking seriously because I had three stars (out of five possible). He suggested that meant I wasn't reputable. What it actually meant was I don't hardly play online so my rating was at the default three stars. Even unsporting kids had five stars, as long as they spent enough time online. It was worthless and didn't represent anything meaningful.

Back