Latest Forza 7 Patch Brings Permanent VIP Bonus and PC Fixes

However, the game is still unplayable for me. 2 crashes in 7 mins (I was planning to stream it so I noted the times), and impossible to launch my second ever series in the career.. that is to say, I can't play the game. As for the memory leak, it's still present, but lessened a little. The menus are still laggy, and stuttering etc. But at least I'm able to launch a free race... most of the time.

Is the demo patched too? Cos I'm not forking down for the actual game given the performance train wreck the demo was for me.

Having just tried it, they seem to have fixed Riva Tuner Stats Server causing the game to crash on boot - so now I can at least see my overlays. Of course now I can see that detail I can confirm that I'm still getting 100% CPU usage on Core 1 (and 20-30% on the rest)... come on MS, this is basic ****.

At least the benchmark seemed to run at a locked 60fps a 1440p for me, so I might give it another go.

Is the demo patched too? Cos I'm not forking down for the actual game given the performance train wreck the demo was for me.

Having just tried it, they seem to have fixed Riva Tuner Stats Server causing the game to crash on boot - so now I can at least see my overlays. Of course now I can see that detail I can confirm that I'm still getting 100% CPU usage on Core 1 (and 20-30% on the rest)... come on MS, this is basic ****.

At least the benchmark seemed to run at a locked 60fps a 1440p for me, so I might give it another go.

I read an article a few weeks ago citing they run core 1 @ 100% for maximum responsiveness on the physics engine apparently? And that the rest of the game is correctly multithreaded?

My science isn't strong on that, but it runs at a locked frame rate on my 2010 i7 so I'm happy :cheers:

Wow I must have got really lucky as my system hasn't had 1 crash yet. I don't play much maybe 2 or 3 long races at a time but apart from the occasional frame drop everything is smooth. But I know some people have trouble just like me in planet coaster, 4 crashes in 15 mins (got refund from steam)

Issues remain for me ...
1. Saving frequently spins
2. Applying designs jumps back to menu (have to do 2nd time)
3. No drafting in game whatsoever still
4. Better but still present crash to desktop

I'm pretty sure that drafting is actually in the game. Maybe a bit weak, but I'm almost certain its there.
Yeah .... i finally after god knows how many races finally got a SINGLE 'Pefect Draft' last night
So i have 1 from maybe 200 races .... and on the straight i got it on i didn't reach a single KmH faster drafting than i did in every other lap (no 'feel' to it at all) and it was only at almost 190MPH i got the trigger....

To me that's complete BS in terms of gameplay for it

I'm pretty sure that drafting is actually in the game. Maybe a bit weak, but I'm almost certain its there.

Yeah .... i finally after god knows how many races finally got a SINGLE 'Pefect Draft' last night
So i have 1 from maybe 200 races .... and on the straight i got it on i didn't reach a single KmH faster drafting than i did in every other lap (no 'feel' to it at all) and it was only at almost 190MPH i got the trigger....

I have 7 "perfect drafts" now, I got them all on Le Mans (Old Mulsanne Circuit) with P1 cars at around 220mph+
It's definitely in the game but nowhere near as realistic as it should be - you used to get the little /!\ for simply travelling behind another car (or even in front of them! bump draft) in older Forza games at even fairly low speeds.

I haven't gotten one single perfect draft, but I've felt the effects since the beginning of the game. Although, I do agree that it's not as prominent as it used to be in other games.

Latest Posts

Back