GT Award Winner Crowned at SEMA 2017, Coming to Gran Turismo

Car classes in GT:Sport should be revamped IMO if tuned cars are to be added. What class would this car be? Easy-mode way out probably and just Gr.X which just means one-make only.

Gr.X should be avoided as much as possible IMO, for example why is the BMW i3 there? It could as well be fitted into N100 IMO and with some proper upgrades it might as well be competent at the top of N100.

Car classes in GT:Sport should be revamped IMO if tuned cars are to be added. What class would this car be? Easy-mode way out probably and just Gr.X which just means one-make only.

Gr.X should be avoided as much as possible IMO, for example why is the BMW i3 there? It could as well be fitted into N100 IMO and with some proper upgrades it might as well be competent at the top of N100.
They seem to have a traditional PD lack of focus, which is an issue with the format they've chosen with GTS.

Shouldn't have had rally courses/cars for example if they wanted to basically be console iRacing.

congrats civic,welcome to the long line of awarded cars coming to gran turismo .and yes class grx needs a re do for more options,additional classes would be cool too

for example why is the BMW i3 there? It could as well be fitted into N100 IMO and with some proper upgrades it might as well be competent at the top of N100.
Honestly the i3 could do so damage in N200 too if you could increase its top speed from only 96 mph. I've maxed it out and it has 236 hp and is around 2500 lbs; gets to 96 faster than some N300 cars.

The Honda is cool, but I like weird stuff, so for me the Rambler wagon, or BMW would have been tough to choose between.

I doubt we'll ever see it in Gran turismo. What happened to all the winners of the last couple of years? They are not in GT Sport.
The cost of trying to remodel everything from scratch again into 4K and HDR, I guess. *shrug* =/

Does anyone have a handy list of of the past GT award winners of SEMA?

Back to whichever the last car to be included was!

I know I could use the search function, but I’m guessing someone has an idea of this already... ;)

I think the key figure is the year they started the SEMA award thing, and whats has actually made it to game....wanna say the Pebble Beach cars are supposed to be in too?

What good is this if what makes it worth winning never happens?

10 years out and you just made it into the game, after the car has been sold and redone 3 times.

I don’t even get how most these SEMA awards winners and Pebble Beach cars are supposed to fit into the current model GT is following. I mean some of these past winners are from 1950’s which obviously doesn’t fit into the current state of GTS...

Does anyone have a handy list of of the past GT award winners of SEMA?

Back to whichever the last car to be included was!

I know I could use the search function, but I’m guessing someone has an idea of this already... ;)
  • 2003: Buick Special '62
  • 2004: HPA Motorsports Stage II R32
  • 2005: AEM S2000
  • 2006: Art Morrison's Corvette '60
  • 2007: HPA Motorsports FT565 Audi TT
  • 2008: JR Rocha's High End Performance G37
  • 2009: Grand Touring Garage Ford Mustang Trans-Cammer '70
  • 2010: Stielow Engineering Red Devil Camaro '69
  • 2011: Mary Pozzi's Camaro RS '71
  • 2012: Eckerts Ford Mustang Mach Forty '69
  • 2013: Chevrolet Nova 'Chris Holstrom' '67
  • 2014: GoPro Rampage Camaro '70
  • 2015: Sung Kang's Datsun 240Z '73
  • 2016: Ford Coupe 'Bruce Levens' '51
  • 2017: Phil Robles' Honda Civic EX '92
You can also check our Gran Turismo Awards tag to see all of our posts on previous events. We've been covering the GT Awards since 2008.

Wow, I'm shocked the Civic won! <3 I must admit, that Beamer should've won though. The instant I saw it I asked myself how it would drive in-game. When I saw the civic, I thought, 'cool throwback-wait, is a '92 a throwback now a days?'

Jerome

• 2003: Buick Special '62
  • 2004: HPA Motorsports Stage II R32
  • 2005: AEM S2000
  • 2006: Art Morrison's Corvette '60
  • 2007: HPA Motorsports FT565 Audi TT
  • 2008: JR Rocha's High End Performance G37
  • 2009: Grand Touring Garage Ford Mustang Trans-Cammer '70
  • 2010: Stielow Engineering Red Devil Camaro '69
  • 2011: Mary Pozzi's Camaro RS '71
  • 2012: Eckerts Ford Mustang Mach Forty '69
  • 2013: Chevrolet Nova 'Chris Holstrom' '67
  • 2014: GoPro Rampage Camaro '70
  • 2015: Sung Kang's Datsun 240Z '73
  • 2016: Ford Coupe 'Bruce Levens' '51
  • 2017: Phil Robles' Honda Civic EX '92
You can also check our Gran Turismo Awards tag to see all of our posts on previous events. We've been covering the GT Awards since 2008.

Thanks @Jordan, 👍 hope you had a good time at the awards.

Here’s a question for you then, what would your winning car be?

Here’s a question for you then, what would your winning car be?
To be completely honest, I wasn't blown away by any of this year's finalists. I really liked the little AMC wagon, though — it was unique, polished, and well-built.

The Civic is still a great choice, though. While researching the car, I can see just what a reputation and history the car has. Irony aside, it really does represent the quintessential Gran Turismo experience in the real world, and for these awards, that is hard to ignore. 👍

I agree about Group X. A lot of those cars could probably fit just fine into the other classes. The i3 would be fine N100 or N200 if you could increase the top speed cause it actually drives quite well. Most of the Group X cars could do just fine in one of the main classes except maybe the Bugatti, 2X and the Tomahawks which are all way overpowered. Instead of having separate Group 1 variants the Group X LM55, McLaren VGT and Hyundai N 2025 could probably all be BOP'd into Group 1. And the safety cars will probably be just fine in the same classes as their ordinary counterparts.

As for this Civic I hope it's not a Group X. It should be fine in whatever N class.

Back