SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
Gran-Turismo-Sport-PMC-ZEROX.jpg

GTS PMC 03 Winner: @ZEROX - (click for full-size)

This Week's Theme
This week's theme, "The French Revolution", comes to us care of Week 03 winner @ZEROX:

"You guessed it, French cars but there're several catches. I have seen less road car and more racing car photos. Don't get me wrong. I do hella love racing cars but let's give some love for the road car as well and specifically, French cars and I wanted to make it fair by only using Scapes location. French only Scapes, that is...

Let's ramp up the difficulty a bit, shall we?
"

CARS: French road cars only (The GTbyCitroën is NOT eligible)
LIVERIES: Don't make it look like a race car. Keep it minimal or just make it like a normal car that you see on the road. That being said, no itashas (although I love it but it's a nope for this).
LOCATIONS: French (Scapes Only)
SCAPES: Exclusively!
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: NO CLOSE UP images of the car because it will be hard to judge the location. I want to see it's the legit location of French and NO PANNING SHOOTS. Make it a still photo.

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr.
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Preview images can not exceed 640 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
    Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
    Code:
    [COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • No post-game editing, besides proportional resizing and rotating, is allowed.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following week's theme.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
Deadline

December 15, 2017

Competition News:
Due to some travel plans, all three photo mode competitions have been extended. That gives everybody an extra week in total, since this was meant to go up a few days ago. We'll resume our usual schedules when I'm back in the country.

Good luck all!

That makes six cars to choose from.

@ZEROX
I suppose the Bugatti VGT isn't allowed either?! And what about the Citroen DS3 Racing with a normal paintjob?

Now that's an interesting one. Even though I'm not a fan of french cars.....germans right!? :P

I have lots of love for European cars actually but French comes close because I own one of them hahahaha.

That makes six cars to choose from.

@ZEROX
I suppose the Bugatti VGT isn't allowed either?! And what about the Citroen DS3 Racing with a normal paintjob?

Yeep. Bugatti VGT is out of question because it's a racing concept car in the first place but the DS3 is fine as I mentioned earlier.

I really like this topic idea. Since there are so few cars to choose from though, maybe it makes sense to just list the ones that are allowed in the OP?

Also, are non-French cars allowed in the background as long as the focal point is a French car?

I really like this topic idea. Since there are so few cars to choose from though, maybe it makes sense to just list the ones that are allowed in the OP?

Also, are non-French cars allowed in the background as long as the focal point is a French car?

Alrighty will do, I will post the eligible cars when I get back home and as for other cars, sorry mate but I prefer we stick to French only to make things uncomplicated.

as for other cars, sorry mate but I prefer we stick to French only to make things uncomplicated.
I agree. Just thought it would be good to clarify that up front. No need to be sorry.👍

Gran-Turismo-Sport-PMC-ZEROX.jpg

GTS PMC 03 Winner: @ZEROX - (click for full-size)

This Week's Theme
This week's theme, "The French Revolution", comes to us care of Week 03 winner @ZEROX:

"You guessed it, French cars but there're several catches. I have seen less road car and more racing car photos. Don't get me wrong. I do hella love racing cars but let's give some love for the road car as well and specifically, French cars and I wanted to make it fair by only using Scapes location. French only Scapes, that is...

Let's ramp up the difficulty a bit, shall we?
"

CARS: French road cars only (The GTbyCitroën is NOT eligible)
LIVERIES: Don't make it look like a race car. Keep it minimal or just make it like a normal car that you see on the road. That being said, no itashas (although I love it but it's a nope for this).
LOCATIONS: French (Scapes Only)
SCAPES: Exclusively!
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: NO CLOSE UP images of the car because it will be hard to judge the location. I want to see it's the legit location of French and NO PANNING SHOOTS. Make it a still photo.

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr.
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Preview images can not exceed 640 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
    Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
    Code:
    [COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • No post-game editing, besides proportional resizing and rotating, is allowed.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following week's theme.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
Deadline

December 15, 2017
How can I send my pic to you guys.

Ah darn. I should’ve uploaded mine quicker. You beat me to it. :lol:
:lol:
I figure quite a few entries are going to go with that idea, especially considering the extended time frame and unique restrictions. I imagine others can do it more justice than I have though. Don't let me stop you.

I really struggled trying to find a scape that I liked so I decided to focus more on the theme instead of pure composition. A lot of scapes look good but are too restrictive on vehicle placement or what focal lengths they allow. It's pretty frustrating sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back