Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition Launches April 20 on PS4 and XB1

Good to see an edition with all the DLC included. It was too expensive to buy all the DLC in my opinion and I borrowed the game back a few weeks around when it first launched on PS4 back when it was an empty shell. Maybe I’ll have a good reason to see what’s new this time around.

n00b question: Have Kunos gotten around to adding custom offline championships to the PS4 version? That’s my biggest gripe with PC2.

Last edited:
A) How are the classes divided up?

The class divisions made by Kunos aren't very logical but thankfully it's possible choose every single car used by the AI drivers. The game doesn't formally recognize multiclass racing, but nothing can stop you from setting up a grid of cars from different classes. No limits there.

B) Can you choose the individual AI’s cars?

Yes, as above. It's also possible to choose the liveries used by the AI cars and even AI driver names are customizable too. Note that all this is only possible in the custom championship mode.

C) Can you adjust points earned per race?

I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can clarify?

I've mostly used the custom championship mode for simulating track days in a practice session before qualifying and race.

Last edited:
The class divisions made by Kunos aren't very logical but thankfully it's possible choose every single car used by the AI drivers. The game doesn't formally recognize multiclass racing, but nothing can stop you from setting up a grid of cars from different classes. No limits there.

Yes, as above. It's also possible to choose the liveries used by the AI cars and even AI driver names are customizable too. Note that all this is only possible in the custom championship mode.

I'm not sure. Maybe someone else can clarify?

I've mostly used the custom championship mode for simulating track days in a practice session before qualifying and race.

Alright thanks, it seems like a pretty powerful tool compared to GT Sport and PC2 custom races.

A few more questions if you don’t mind;

A) How are the classes divided up?

B) Can you choose the individual AI’s cars?

C) Can you adjust points earned per race?
C) Yes. On console, there are three preset at 25pt maximum to 1pt for top 10, 15pt to 1pt for Top 10 and 10pt to 1pt for Top 8.

Edit: Keep in mind, as mentioned above with selecting AI cars, I do real world manufacturer races: Porsche Rennsport track days, Nismo Festival, Mazda Fan Day.

Also, "track days" with run with you brung. Driving an E30 DTM and hearing a Ferrari F1 2004 closing on you is frightening. Plus, the replay sounds are perfect. You can hear the thing far away while watching your car lap a circuit.

Last edited:
i wonder if, with this new version on the horizon, kunos will finally bother to release some oroper enhancement updates for xbox x and ps pro.

Am I the only one who picked up on this?

Ohhh boy :eek::gtpflag:.
something will be revealed on the 21st. Could be related to the competizione title / project discussed in another thread.

Have ultimate on both consoles :). Hope error code for PS4 gets fixed soon :)
upload_2018-2-14_15-11-6.png

Have ultimate on both consoles
:odd:

I recently sold the game to put it towards an Xbox 360 console. If all DLC is on disk, I will buy the ultimate edition.
If not, then I'll just buy the normal edition since I own all the DLC anyways.

It may sound daft, but I like the sound all the DLC on disk. Just like the Project Cars GOTY.

I find the banner photo to be very fitting for the article - a flying car for a launch article.
Yes, from back when F1 drivers earned every single dollar they were paid & taking flight didn't always involve a boarding pass.

Back