Cars You're Tired of Seeing

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 243 comments

Turbo

(Banned)
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey
Are there any cars you keep seeing on the road that you're just so sick of? Is there that one type of car you see every time you go for a drive, no matter where you are? Well, I made a thread for us all to discuss those types of cars.

For me, it's the current Nissan Rogue. They're literally everywhere in New Jersey. Which makes sense, because families love them as they are both economical and versatile. The design of the Rogue isn't anything horrible, but I see them so much that they almost become eyesores to look at. I literally saw three current Rogues at an intersection today right near each other (two of which are the same exact color), which is where I got the idea of making this thread.

So, what cars are you tired of passing on the road?

- Most Hyundai's (Especially Accent and Tuscon)
- Most KIA's
- Most Japanese eco boxes that are built in South East Asia (Nissan Sunny, Honda City or Toyota Yaris sedan..etc)
- Toyota Innova (Asian Minivan)
- Toyota Avanza (Similar to the Innova)
- Every small Japanese truck (Toyota Hilux, Nissan Navera, Mitsubishi L200...etc) that are base models and are painted in white with red/yellow tribal side strips.

Our GCC spec
Toyota-Hilux-Gulf-September-2012.jpg

Elsewhere
download.jpeg

- Chevy fleet work/rentals (Malibu, Impala and Cruze)

Other cars are fine.

Every small Japanese truck (Toyota Hilux, Nissan Navera, Mitsubishi L200...etc) that are base models and are painted in white with red/yellow tribal side strips.
Those stripes are hideous but I actually liked how basic the last get of pickups looked like, I'm not a fan of making trucks fancy.

adb
Those stripes are hideous but I actually liked how basic the last gen of pickups looked like, I'm not a fan of making trucks fancy.
You mean trim level? Because most current gen Hilux over here does look somewhat basic compared to the Blue Hilux that I posted above in the other markets.

GCC/Middle Eastern Spec
listing_main_DSCF0453.jpg

I just don't like how all of them look the same. I'm sure you gonna say "it's because of the heat" but I'm pretty sure that you could spot black, Red or blue cars.

And those strips seems to be present in plenty of Japanese Brand Trucks/SUV's. Take this Y61 and Prado for example.
2017-nissan-patrol-super-safari-4-760x390.jpg
03_2010_toyota_prado_lc.jpg

You mean trim level? Because most current gen Hilux over here does look somewhat basic compared to the Blue Hilux that I posted above in the other markets.

GCC/Middle Eastern Spec
listing_main_DSCF0453.jpg

I just don't like how all of them look the same. I'm sure you gonna say "it's because of the heat" but I'm pretty sure that you could spot black, Red or blue cars.

And those strips seems to be present in plenty of Japanese Brand Trucks/SUV's. Take this Y61 and Prado for example.
View attachment 717461 View attachment 717462
Meant it more as language design used now by some Japanese manufactures, which took a wrong turn some time ago, which was really showing in those 2 pics of those Toyotas. Maybe fancy was a wrong word :)

BMW e38,e39,e46,e60,e90, e53....
VW golf mk5, vw passat b6
Audi A4 b7, Audi a6 c5
Opel vectra C, Astra h, Opel signum, Opel zafira B
Toyota Mk2 avensis, Mk1 Toyota auris, Toyota corolla (2006-2008~ year), Rav4

And all crossovers in general...

Not really a specific car, but diesel powered cars with 4-cylinder (or smaller) engines registered within the past year. More people making a decision when buying a car should be aware diesels are harmful by now - If you desperately need to lower your running costs, get a petrol/electric hybrid instead (or make the full switch to EV if feasible).

c88eb383-cac0-46b9-acc2-9d1ea61b5b2e_ford-focus-mk3.jpg

These things. They're always the sedan, in either white or black. I've driven the one my uncle has, and its god awful to drive. The gearbox is a slippy piece of garbage that never knows what to do. But they're EVERYWHERE! I don't understand how so many people can find these acceptable to drive.

Not really a specific car, but diesel powered cars with 4-cylinder (or smaller) engines registered within the past year. More people making a decision when buying a car should be aware diesels are harmful by now - If you desperately need to lower your running costs, get a petrol/electric hybrid instead (or make the full switch to EV if feasible).
Unrelated but are diesels more harmful than Petrol?

View attachment 717487

These things. They're always the sedan, in either white or black. I've driven the one my uncle has, and its god awful to drive. The gearbox is a slippy piece of garbage that never knows what to do. But they're EVERYWHERE! I don't understand how so many people can find these acceptable to drive.
It can't be worse than my RAV4's gearbox with that faulty ECU that's trying to destroy my car. It affect my dad twice before in the life time of the car.

adb
Meant it more as language design used now by some Japanese manufactures, which took a wrong turn some time ago, which was really showing in those 2 pics of those Toyotas. Maybe fancy was a wrong word :)
I kinda prefer the basic look of the 80's pickup trucks like this Toyota below:
e045b373b70d35605396674a328daae0.jpg

Full sized trucks and SUVs being driven by small middle aged women with no kids and no need for something that big aside from the "safety" it brings them.
Not to mention those typical owners tend to really like tailgating and overtaking everyone on the highway, not to mention them showing off their ego's toward the others. Especially if they're driving some luxury SUV's like the Yukon Denali or Lexus LX570.

Unrelated but are diesels more harmful than Petrol?

Diesel engines tend emit more harmful substances compared to petrol engines with an equivalent performance level. The exception is Carbon Dioxide, which is where Diesels gained their popularity - By emitting less CO2, the greenhouse effect is reduced, as is the threat of global warming.

However, now that news is emerging that diesel engines emit more substances that are harmful to human health than lab testing has been able to trace, people are should be backtracking on the purchases of new diesel vehicles.

There's plenty out there I can think of. But to me, the one that stands out the most is the Volkswagen Jetta. (Just about any generation) The stereotypes in my area are all too true. You either get the high school/college girl who couldn't care less about her Jetta, but drives around anyways without a care for anyone else (or their saftey) or you get the tuner guy who thinks his stock 1.8T MKIV Jetta needs an exhaust and cold air intake to be fast. Worst of all is that they're always the aggressive drivers.

You get (as my friend calls it) "sorority girl" red Jettas driven by the stereotypical preppy girls.
2014-volkswagen-jetta-18t-first-drive-review-car-and-driver-photo-532272-s-original.jpg

Or you get these tuner bros....
2003-volkswagen-jetta-votex-front-bumper-01

Not enough Illest stickers, fake European plate and pastel colored wheel centers. That are usually not real BBS' of course.
Very much true.... Sad part too, is that the local car community is full of them. So I always see the "ARE YOU ON HERE BRO?" posts on local car groups and it's of them spotting a completely stock Jetta as if it's something special.

Full sized trucks and SUVs being driven by small middle aged women with no kids and no need for something that big aside from the "safety" it brings them.

Should've replied to this one. The full sized trucks are the worst.... The drivers just feel empowered by their size and V8 that they have to act like a total bully on the road. Especially when they find it amusing to purposely block your vision when trying to make a turn. I am seriously sick of the lifted full size trucks in my area (if not just my state then even the whole United States....)
3554f0f7cec661be16d923afe3af5a78x.jpg

I've also seen these same owners at the dealership I used to work at cry about a tiny scratch they'd find on the USED truck that they were buying. And the scratch would be in the bed of the pickup.....

Not enough Illest stickers, fake European plate and pastel colored wheel centers. That are usually not real BBS' of course.
Jetta? I keep forgetting that Volkswagen are actually popular in the west and not just popular among Golf GTI/R youth owners.
Very much true.... Sad part too, is that the local car community is full of them. So I always see the "ARE YOU ON HERE BRO?" posts on local car groups and it's of them spotting a completely stock Jetta as if it's something special.

Should've replied to this one. The full sized trucks are the worst.... The drivers just feel empowered by their size and V8 that they have to act like a total bully on the road. Especially when they find it amusing to purposely block your vision when trying to make a turn. I am seriously sick of the lifted full size trucks in my area (if not just my state then even the whole United States....)
3554f0f7cec661be16d923afe3af5a78x.jpg
Every full size American truck owner in the middle east.

Looks like we do share something with 'Murica (Do Canadians have the same thing)?

Looks like we do share something with 'Murica (Do Canadians have the same thing)?

Yep. And the owner is always some late 20s-early mid 30s self-employed construction worker douchebag. Or if you're out West or up North, it's a Canadian redneck.

Yep. And the owner is always some late 20s-early mid 30s self-employed construction worker douchebag. Or if you're out West or up North, it's a Canadian redneck.
The lifted truck thing applies here.

The wanna-be construction worker? Not so much. Most of them here are trying to show how "alpha" males they are by rolling around with these V8 trucks and installing loud exhausts.

silverado.jpg

ram.jpg

f150.jpg

Tall and unsightly mirror images of each other, and ridiculously big for everyday vehicles. They impair visibility for other drivers everywhere they go, creating hazards just by their size and ubiquity, and squeeze into parking spots if they're even parked well to begin with.

Since moving away from the city I grew up in and getting a new perspective, I respect that trucks really are used for their purpose, and sometimes that means they need to be big. But in recent years, these have been pumped up and decked out to assume family-car duties as if they were a midsize sedan, turning them more into daily drivers than they ever were before. And I'm sure for many families, the resulting bump in price has necessitated their role as an only vehicle for the sake of the occasional utility they provide.

I don't mind seeing them with a mangled tailgate or an extraordinary amount of rust for their age...or clean and shiny with a gray-haired red-plaid-wearing farmer wiping down every surface of his pride and joy. But they're just too big and tall for commuters.

It's mostly the 20-30s guy doing land scaping where I live. Even worse is when they're in control of a snow plow. Then they believe they're a tank and can do whatever they please. Back in high school, some kid took his dad's plow truck and plowed a snow bank on top of me "for fun" while I was walking home....

I probably have more of a personal hatred towards them at this point.

This is tough. I guess it would be these,
images

but they've been replaced by these
images

I'm really tired of these(with old people in them)
2001-toyota-camry-frontside_tocamle015.jpg

CSbW2Qu.jpg

Chrysler Minivans, especially from the late '90s. Everytime I see one, I know the person driving is going to be a slow-poking, unaware, clueless dolt. Doubly true if the license plate has a handicap logo on it, which at least half seem to do. If you come up on one on a two-lane blacktop, you'll be forced to endure long periods of driving 20 below the limit before you finally get a passing opportunity and no oncoming traffic. If you're heading to an intersection and see one about to turn from the left or right ahead of you, they'll pull out at the last second and force you to slam on the brakes while they accelerate at such a slow rate that it would make a turtle shake his head in disbelief. If you ever get a glimpse of their drivers they are always either staring down at their smartphones or yelling something at their kids in the back rather than paying attention to the road.

People who buy these things should automatically have their license suspended.

Last edited:
Audi Q7, BMW X6, Mercedes GLC, Mercedes C Class, Toyota Camry, Holden Captiva, Mazda CX-5, Mercedes ML, Lexus RC, Toyota Corolla, Ford Mustang, Toyota Hilux, Hyundai I30, Mitsubishi Lancer, Toyota Prius, Toyota Landcruiser, Holden Trax, Mitsubishi Mirage, BMW X5, Hyundai Excel and Toyota Tarago. There may be even more...

Back