Mclaren Ultimate Vison GT Model car up for sale!

• Thread starter mrclep
  • 42 comments
I mean there is only a picture of a carbon brake set up being tweaked and finished by hand...in 1/8th format in the border above when you click the link. If that doesn't give away how above and beyond they go I don't know what will, but specialty hand made stuff with limited numbers like this, isn't something that has ever been cheap.

Last edited:
I personally dont see the motivation for a $7,400 car model like this.

I do see the motivation like if you owned a McLaren 720s then you can buy a 1:43 scale for $50 and display it on your work desk... maybe get it same color etc.

I can even see people paying say $250 for a nice 1:18 scale of the same car you own but a VGT? That isnt even all that good looking or significant?

I personally dont see the motivation for a $7,400 car model like this.

I do see the motivation like if you owned a McLaren 720s then you can buy a 1:43 scale for $50 and display it on your work desk... maybe get it same color etc.

I can even see people paying say $250 for a nice 1:18 scale of the same car you own but a VGT? That isnt even all that good looking or significant?

That's quite subjective really. There are massive fans of the game that have the disposable to do it, there are also fans of McLaren that would probably like to own it too as part of the groups heritage. Just because you or I don't see the value in spending that much doesn't mean others wont. I personally have always wanted to own a Amalgam F1 production and I'm sure it'd be not too far off in price.

I get it. The market takes all sorts.

As far as F1 goes then yeah... I would kind of like to have representations of the cars that are historically important... the '88 MP4/4 etc.

I would go as far as to say I would probably even buy selected VGT cars... if someone made a 1:43 scale Infinti VGT or that kind of thing there would be certain takers.

Not quite at the 1 of 3,000 that you see from some 1:43 companies.

I get it. The market takes all sorts.

As far as F1 goes then yeah... I would kind of like to have representations of the cars that are historically important... the '88 MP4/4 etc.

I would go as far as to say I would probably even buy selected VGT cars... if someone made a 1:43 scale Infinti VGT or that kind of thing there would be certain takers.

Not quite at the 1 of 3,000 that you see from some 1:43 companies.

Hot Wheels is doing the GT cars, and from what I've seen the Nissan VGT is one of them, so perhaps the Infinti will happen too

It is 1/8th scale ~60cm/24” long... pretty big, but for the money you could buy a 1/8th scale r/c car you can actually race...

True but that's not why people would buy this? People are buying this to have a collectors piece like a sculpture, not because they were looking for something to race. Obviously if you have the money and are wanting to buy something that moves or can be driven you wouldn't be on Amalgam to begin with.

We could spend all day naming the things that for this price, could be better spent, but that just shows how not in the market most of us if not all of us so far are when it comes to this model. I think the detail and rendering a virtual car in reality even in scale form, is pretty cool even if I don't care for the car itself, since it lacks any design ideals to the McLaren brand of any era.

What the hell?? Is it made of diamonds???

If you are a person who has so much money to burn. Better to buy this than wasting it on gambling.

Given the apparently low production run the eye watering price tag seems a little more fair. Not that over seven grand is cheap.

for an Amalgam model is relatively cheap lol, those things are really expensive but they are hand made, small stock and with real materials, obviously they are focused in the same rich people that pay thousands of dollars to be in the paddock club on a formula 1 race, I rather wait for the Hot Wheels or Majorette version if happen, otherwise I am happy with the digital version on the game :P

Back