Mclaren Ultimate Vison GT Model car up for sale!

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by mrclep, Apr 12, 2018.

1. mrclep

mrclep

kjb, Lord Kacperov, dimassa19 and 6 others like this.
  2. dylpro

dylpro

My God. I’d rather buy a real car at that price:scared:

3. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

Why is that so expensive?

4. Pedinhuh

Pedinhuh

The ****? I'm aware that some car miniatures can be expensive, but this is ridiculous!

5. trevor24

trevor24

agree that is insane!

6. Vandelay

Vandelay

unless it has a fully functional 1:18 scale V8, then the answer is no.

Inferno251, ERAZER, kjb and 6 others like this.
  7. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

Amalgam makes crazy detailed model cars and they're crazy expensive too, think autoart but way more premium.

8. PhiloGrego

PhiloGrego

The reason these cars are so expensive is that they are all hand made 1\8 th scale models... usually done in metal and with super details (like real carbon fiber). I've done the Pocher Aventador in 1/8th scale. That ran me a thousand bucks. It was a fun build.

9. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

I mean there is only a picture of a carbon brake set up being tweaked and finished by hand...in 1/8th format in the border above when you click the link. If that doesn't give away how above and beyond they go I don't know what will, but specialty hand made stuff with limited numbers like this, isn't something that has ever been cheap.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Scuderia Paul likes this.
  10. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

I personally dont see the motivation for a $7,400 car model like this.

I do see the motivation like if you owned a McLaren 720s then you can buy a 1:43 scale for $50 and display it on your work desk... maybe get it same color etc.

I can even see people paying say $250 for a nice 1:18 scale of the same car you own but a VGT? That isnt even all that good looking or significant?

11. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

That's quite subjective really. There are massive fans of the game that have the disposable to do it, there are also fans of McLaren that would probably like to own it too as part of the groups heritage. Just because you or I don't see the value in spending that much doesn't mean others wont. I personally have always wanted to own a Amalgam F1 production and I'm sure it'd be not too far off in price.

Manasseh257NSX likes this.
  12. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

I get it. The market takes all sorts.

As far as F1 goes then yeah... I would kind of like to have representations of the cars that are historically important... the '88 MP4/4 etc.

I would go as far as to say I would probably even buy selected VGT cars... if someone made a 1:43 scale Infinti VGT or that kind of thing there would be certain takers.

Not quite at the 1 of 3,000 that you see from some 1:43 companies.

13. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

Hot Wheels is doing the GT cars, and from what I've seen the Nissan VGT is one of them, so perhaps the Infinti will happen too

14. Spongeinside

Spongeinside

It is 1/8th scale ~60cm/24” long... pretty big, but for the money you could buy a 1/8th scale r/c car you can actually race...

15. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

True but that's not why people would buy this? People are buying this to have a collectors piece like a sculpture, not because they were looking for something to race. Obviously if you have the money and are wanting to buy something that moves or can be driven you wouldn't be on Amalgam to begin with.

We could spend all day naming the things that for this price, could be better spent, but that just shows how not in the market most of us if not all of us so far are when it comes to this model. I think the detail and rendering a virtual car in reality even in scale form, is pretty cool even if I don't care for the car itself, since it lacks any design ideals to the McLaren brand of any era.

CompleteEdd and Scuderia Paul like this.
  16. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

What the hell?? Is it made of diamonds???

If you are a person who has so much money to burn. Better to buy this than wasting it on gambling.

17. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

Does it have an interior?

18. Naveek Darkroom

Naveek Darkroom

Given the apparently low production run the eye watering price tag seems a little more fair. Not that over seven grand is cheap.

19. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

These Amalgam models are pieces of art. The work and detail that goes into them is incredible. Look at it as a sculpture and not a model car.

20. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

Looking at the site, the McLaren's actually relatively cheap

Their E-Type costs 11,000$

ThePotatoKing likes this.
  21. Big_M

Big_M

If I had the money to buy a real Ferrari 250 GT Lusso, I'd happily buy an 1/8 scale replica of my car, for £7,940, to display on my desk in the command centre of my super villain island.

22. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

That is almost as much as my graduate stipend for an entire academic year. Good lord

23. Northstar

Northstar Premium

If I ever get rich I'm going to buy a couple and race them on my living room floor like I used to do when I was a kid (with Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars of course). :lol:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    LMSCorvetteGT2 and ThePotatoKing like this.
  24. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk Premium

And to think, there are people that hardly studied anything at all that earn that much in an hour.... and you could probably feed a village of starving kids in Africa for a year for that too...

Modern society is great... isn't it?

Rizla, Nuschel01 and NK like this.
  25. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

It's also enough to cover ALL my expenses during my 5 years in high school so far

First world countries are weird :boggled:

26. banckzy

banckzy

Given the fact the model took 330 hours to build...

At a price of £5804 that's only £17 an hour so its a fair price for the amount of work involved.

LMSCorvetteGT2 likes this.
  27. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk Premium

Assuming they make a grand or so clear profit after labour and materials, it's going to be even less than that.

LMSCorvetteGT2 and banckzy like this.
  28. YRS2703

YRS2703

If I ever win the lottery/Powerball, I (might) be able to afford a few. *Few*

29. mastretta_mx

mastretta_mx

for an Amalgam model is relatively cheap lol, those things are really expensive but they are hand made, small stock and with real materials, obviously they are focused in the same rich people that pay thousands of dollars to be in the paddock club on a formula 1 race, I rather wait for the Hot Wheels or Majorette version if happen, otherwise I am happy with the digital version on the game :p

30. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

In a world were six-figure sim racing rigs are a thing, this seems positively sane.