2018 Honda Civic Type-R

• Thread starter GTvsForza
  • 27 comments
Sweet! I was looking forward to when this car was to be added. I was expecting it to be in a car pack and not a stand-alone car. And it's free? Nice...

Just one question. Is theSlapTrain associated with this car's model? If so, then I will set fire to my digital copy of FM7. That Forza vs. Reality video featuring him still has me enraged! :rant:

Well, there is now a Rivals event free of homologation restrictions it seems! Of course now is full of R989 Civics... Oh, well, I set my time fair and square, after dealing with its stock understeer., and there will be a prize at the end of the event, most likely some driver gear.

In case I didn't get the new ride, is there a way to force the update to happen? Last night I looked for the car, but to no avail. I had the in-game message saying that the car was coming, but it was nowhere to be found in the dealer. Also the '97 Civic still had the '97 Civic FE body kit on it, and I read that particular car has been fixed with the update.

Edit: Force the update to happen on PC. When I was on the XB1 earlier, I didn't look to see what version of the game I was running. If I am not mistaken, the console version does not display the version on the start screen.

In case I didn't get the new ride, is there a way to force the update to happen? Last night I looked for the car, but to no avail. I had the in-game message saying that the car was coming, but it was nowhere to be found in the dealer. Also the '97 Civic still had the '97 Civic FE body kit on it, and I read that particular car has been fixed with the update.

Edit: Force the update to happen on PC. When I was on the XB1 earlier, I didn't look to see what version of the game I was running. If I am not mistaken, the console version does not display the version on the start screen.

It does on the bottom left corner of your screen.

I got confused when that happened to me since I play on Windows. Still funny that they had a half-finished body kit on the old Civic :lol:

It does on the bottom left corner of your screen.

I didn't notice it on the the XB1, but I wasn't paying attention. Thanks for confirming that it's there.

Either way my game was updated. I didn't look at the old Civic because I was too busy painting the new Type R.

I think it's because of the Civic, but I might have convinced my friend to get this game :lol:

He has a Civic Coupe, but wants the Type R.

Also, the wide body on the old Civic is gone now.

Last edited:
Lol the "homologation" limits its output to like 230hp or something. :lol:

Also why does it torque steer so much on the wheel? I thought these new Type R's have pretty much completely eliminated torque steer. :odd:

Also why does it torque steer so much on the wheel? I thought these new Type R's have pretty much completely eliminated torque steer. :odd:

I find that doesn't do it nearly as much as other FWD cars in the game. Then again, I would have been surprised if Forza got it entirely right.

Maybe it's because I have my FFB turned up high but I was doing the Rivals event and the car was pretty unbearable to drive. I'd never want to own a car that handled like that in real life.

Took a mostly stock one for a go in the B Class hopper and it was incredibly quick. There was only 4 cars in my race, Forza-Aero’d G35 & Omni GLHS and a BMW M4. Started in last but got into the lead buy the end of Lap one, even though the G35 clearly tried ramming me off. In the end my CTR was 3-4 seconds a lap quicker than everyone else.

Maybe it's because I have my FFB turned up high but I was doing the Rivals event and the car was pretty unbearable to drive. I'd never want to own a car that handled like that in real life.

Hah, it's entirely possible that you may be getting more feedback than you would driving a Civic Type R in real life; don't forget that it has electrical power steering in real life.

I have spent some time driving the Hondubaru Impreza Type R in stock form, only adjusting the tire pressure to the levels suggested by the manufacturer. The car is a blast, although it is very hard to not drive it above its limits; in a way it is similar to the Porsche GT2 RS, where you think the car is understeering and not gripping as it should, but then you look at the speedo and realize you were just trying to take that corner at speeds way too high for the level of grip the tires can realistically provide.

Drove this for the first time today. Good to drive for a fwd Hot Hatch, but I am left thinking Forza have made it rather OP. Despite having the same power and torque as the 2016 model, 245 vs 235 tyres and a little more weight it is rated 50 PI higher (573 vs 523). What is even more surprising its the sheer speed of it, it lapped Suzuka 6 seconds (!) faster than the 2016 model (2:23.6 vs 2:29.7). Faster than an Evora S (591 PI) and 2 tenths down on an M6 (619 PI) and that's on a track where there are multiple long accelerations zones that favour higher powered cars!

In fact, some googling revealed the new car was 6.8 seconds quicker than the old round the Nurburgring, which is an approx 8:45 lap, yet I have found 6 seconds difference over an approx 2:25 lap of Suzuka...

Good car though :)

Back