Honda Pits Real Against Virtual in Civic Type R Showdown

Looks like the pause menu is shown in the background at 0:52. I can’t make out what the make or model says but it’s definitely a B Class Car.

It just says Honda Civic, B 523

The '16 is C class, so it is quite possibly the '18.

That's homologated though, in stock form it's in B class.

With that said, considering you can't feel the g-forces and suspension loads, combined with the fact it's not as scary to do it on a simulator because if you crash all you have to do is hit reset, I'm fairly sure that with an actually good driver, the in-game lap should have been faster than the real thing.

So they had a gamer in a 2016 Civic and a race driver in a 2018 Civic? It invalidates their whole video.

Yep. I don't think they expect video game obsessives to pick up on these details, though. :P

They're mechanically similar for the most part, I believe the real difference, aside from the obvious body, lies with the rear suspension. That's still quite a difference.

It's a 2018, even the caption of the video says so.

Here's a direct quote of Slaptrain: "I'm pretty excited to be the first gamer to actually be racing a 2018 Honda Civic Type-R."

The new Type-R obviously will be included in Forza at some point. The question is when, but this video would suggest sooner rather than later.

True, but it seems unlikely the new model matches the 2016 for its PI rating. Possible, since it gains both weight and horsepower, but still unlikely.

Indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up at some point.

Hmm, maybe another free Honda pack with the new Type-R and the GRC Civic?

I could go for that.

We already gave the rubes their free car pack with the Hyundai N Pack, don't give them ideas. :P

Though I would also be down for that, considering the '18 Type R is next on the 'most wanted cars' bounty list.

Turns out Graeme Rahal ain't got anything on me. How about that Indycar ride, then? :lol:

2n0n1up.png

Seriously though, even the most hardcore simulator out there will yield faster lap times than a real car going around a track. Perhaps a VR equipped motion rig would change that, but if you can afford one of those, just get yourself a real racecar instead.

Interesting video with Graham Rahal racing against ‘TheSlapTrain’ (of all people to choose :rolleyes:), with Rahal driving the 2018 Civic Type R in real life, and TheSlapTrain supposedly driving the 2018 Civic Type R in game. Few things of note, the 2018 Civic Type R isn’t actually in the game, and they’ve carefully avoid any outside cameras in the video, I would assume they would’ve used the Euro Type R that is already in the game. This would make us presume that the 2018 Type R is on the way at some point (possibly in a pack with the GRC Civic which was previously leaked). Last thing, the video highlights how terrible Forza’s version of Road Atlanta is. They chose possibly the most inaccurate track in the game for the video.

Back