What's the Best Race Track to Never Feature in a Video Game?

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 122 comments

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
I mean, the title speaks for itself. :D

I was getting lost in a Google/Wikipedia black hole the other day looking at obscure race tracks. It started with Potrero de Los Funes, because well, just look at it:

upload_2018-5-30_16-9-11.png

Much to my dismay, it's actually already in a game: Ride. Nevermind, I thought. Shortly after, I stumbled upon another impressive image:

upload_2018-5-30_16-9-57.png

A quick search told me this was Monticello Motor Club, and as far as I can tell, it's never shown up in any game. Which is a shame, really: think of how many different layouts it could offer.

Of course, I couldn't create this thread without mentioning my personal favourite, Mas du Clos. This little French track is everything I want in a circuit; not too long, a bit of a technical section thrown in, and lots of elevation changes:

upload_2018-5-30_16-17-29.png

The Rules:
  • To keep things simple, third-party mods aren't allowed in here. Otherwise we'd have very little to pick from!
  • Please try to limit your nominations to no more than three per person.
  • Similarly, please limit your image/video contributions to one of each (two pieces of media total) per track.
  • Have fun!

Edit

Looks like this track has appear in some games.

Will re-edited this post if i found one that hasn't.

Last edited:
Arctic Circle Raceway, which holds the distinction of being the most northernly racetrack in the world:

I'll be incredibly biased here, but the Utah Motorsport Campus is pretty great. It also has a karting course and dirt track on the main campus and a massive off-road area across the street. It's currently home to the Ford Racing School and is frequented by Ken Block and crew:
6Ewe5ne.jpg

I guess Mosport International Raceway i yet to see this track in games like pcars, forza, gt. ac.
8e2160a99731408d3e196a0e9f589bb3.jpg

Mosport is actually in a couple games. iRacing and NASCAR Heat 2 have the track, there's also at least one old game with it (Sportscar GT).

I'll be incredibly biased here, but the Utah Motorsport Campus is pretty great. It also has a karting course and dirt track on the main campus and a massive off-road area across the street. It's currently home to the Ford Racing School and is frequented by Ken Block and crew:
6Ewe5ne.jpg

It would be nice to see it appear in some games considering its ownership issues.

It would be nice to see it appear in some games considering its ownership issues.

I'm really hoping Ford just buys it this time around. It's currently for sale...well kind of for sale. Toole County is currently accepting proposals for someone to buy it until July 2nd. Really all the ownership issues stem from Toole County's inability to do anything correctly and pretty much acting really shady.

That Potrero de Los Funes is simply gorgeous. I posted some cherry picked images in the GT6 forum back in 2014.
Feast your eyes on this, and imagine having some of them as replay cameras.
(Sorry for the off-topic.)
VgdTkdD.jpg
lTOAfXm.jpg
M90LKyx.jpg
t0CQN2Y.jpg
ASQ2CTh.jpg

Yea but featured in a good game hehe

I honestly can't think of any without going obscure or vintage

Sorry if this doesn't count, it may be a stretch (though the famous Pikes Peak Hill Climb is in various racing/ rally games and that's not exactly a track either) but I would love to see the Mt. Washington Climb to the Clouds stage located in New Hampshire (USA) in a game sometime. It's a race up the mountain's auto road, which is open to the public normally.

2017-CTTC-Course-Map.jpg

day2_LG0_5707-720x450.jpg

Back