What's the Best Race Track to Never Feature in a Video Game?

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 122 comments
Eh this thread is about tracks never to be featured in a game right? So every track that has been featured is automatically out of the picture.

The toca games and the race driver series had some great track listings and some interesting trach variations.

1. Red Star Raceway
Red-Star-RacewayCW10.798aa645f71556426175b111cd02f98d.png

I chose this track, because african race tracks are rare in race games. Full Circuit with 4 km, and short circuit with aprox. 1,8 km (correct me if i'm wrong)

2. Kuwait Motor Town
KuwaitMotorTown19.e88e02667813cc0a7b239ee0e3946d41.png

I chose this because its the newest FIA 1 Grade Race track, I know some people don't like hermann tilke works, but i think i'll be a good add for any race game.

3. Batangas Race Circuit
Batangas05.3a0c035560b7445875c54e12348933c6.png

I chose this track, because philipines race tracks are rare. If you don't like this option, go for Tokachi Sppedway, i was on doubt...

It's getting super annoying when people are putting in suggestions and someone replies oh it's in this game. Like yeah cool, but that game is 15 years old

I don't consider it particularly annoying that people are trying to stick to the main principle of the thread.

That's part of the fun, really: we wanted to find the genuinely un-digitized tracks out there, at least in an official capacity.

There is an absolute dearth of South African circuit representation in racing games. Show me one instance in this decade where a car racing game has featured:

Aldo Scribante

aldoscribante.png

Killarney

TrackMap_lr.jpg

Kyalami

E.-New-Kyalami-Grand-Prix-Circuit.jpg

Welkom (Phakisa)

12917.jpg

I have played with Killarney and Kyalami via GTR2 mods, but they've still yet to be featured in a game out of the box. I'm still hoping and praying that Killarney at least comes to Dirt Rally 2.0 in its World RX form.

Seems the guys at Polyphony have also been thinking about Goodwood for a while :lol:
https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-website-lists-goodwood-motor-circuit-as-gt-sport-track/
I'm so excited to finally see it get in a game - I've been there a fair few times, and it's where I had my first ever on-track experience so it'll always have a special place in my heart. Now I've just got to contend with the small matter of picking up a PS4 at some point in the near future.

@2clicks

Kyalami was in V8 Superstars for PS3.

The old version is in Automobilista for PC, although it's called Johannesburg Historic for licensing reasons.

And as you mentioned, Aldo/Killarney/Phakisa can be found as mods for rFactor.

IMO mods should still count as already featured in a racing game. Then it becomes even more fun to look for tracks that really have never been seen in a digital form.

IMO mods should still count as already featured in a racing game. Then it becomes even more fun to look for tracks that really have never been seen in a digital form.

Here's where I respectfully disagree. A sole console owner who plays racing games, who make up the majority, as opposed to a PC sim-racer, who make up the minority, will likely never know about the existence of a track in a racing game or version of a racing game if it's modded in, because they don't have access to the track out of the box. They are also not endorsed by the original developers of the game.

Autódromo de Sitges-Terramar in Spain. High banked concrete oval built in 1923 and almost totally abandoned since, it's still in extraordinarily good condition.

Fuji Speedway original circuit in Japan. Massively large, exceptionally fast, incredibly dangerous. It always amazed me we never got that version of Fuji from GT.

Roosevelt Raceway in New York, home of the 1936-1937 Vanderbilt Cup. Later converted to a horse racing track, the 1936 (and to a lesser extent 1937) race track designed expressly for the revived Vanderbilt Cup was a thing of beauty.

Roosevelt was in that Spirit Of Speed on the Dreamcast right??? Terrible game that could have been really cool.

I will nominate Riverside which was used in Nascar for decades and torn down in the early 90s.

Jesuschrist, most people on this topic are wrong...

· Miller Motorsports Park = WorldSBK games.
· Mosport = iRacing and others.
· Mt. Tremblant = GRiD Autosport.
· Virginia International Raceway = I think the 1st was Ferrari Challenge Pirelli Trophy.
· Portimao = WorldSBK games were first, GRiD Autosport.
· Cadwell Park = at least Automobilista and RIDE3.
· Rijeka = Super Trucks (PS2 truck racing game).
· Barber = iRacing.
· Magny-Cours = F1 games plus RIDE, maybe more.
· Estoril = F1 games, MotoGp games.
· Adelaide = F1 game, Race Driver games.
· Pukekohe = Race Driver games.
· Phillip Island = MotoGp & Race Driver games.
· Velopark = Automobilista.
· Rockingham UK = Total Immersion Racing.
· Kyalami = WorldSBK games.
· Phakisa = MotoGp games.

I don't consider it particularly annoying that people are trying to stick to the main principle of the thread.

That's part of the fun, really: we wanted to find the genuinely un-digitized tracks out there, at least in an official capacity.
That's pretty much why I, and probably others, haven't nominated Croft/Thruxton.

Is it me or does Welkom look like a terrible knockoff of Brands Hatch?
What? It's mostly flat (camber is an important thing tho), has some very fast snakey bits, a sadly unused oval and a terrifyingly long challenging multi-apex right hander. If anything, the renovated Misano tried and failed to recreate the essence of Phakisa's signature.

What? It's mostly flat (camber is an important thing tho), has some very fast snakey bits, a sadly unused oval and a terrifyingly long challenging multi-apex right hander. If anything, the renovated Misano tried and failed to recreate the essence of Phakisa's signature.
I was on about the layout. Nothing against the track. It's just what I saw.

The bend motorsport park
👍 All four circuit layouts.

GT CIRCUIT 7.77km
The challenging 7.77km long GT Circuit is the second longest permanent race track in the world (second only to the Nordschleife, Nurburgring).

It’s suitable for GT and endurance racing as well as the perfect drive experience.

gt_circuit_final_white_bg_press.jpg

INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT 4.95km
At 4.95km long, the International Circuit is ideal for Supercars, Superbikes, national series events right through to state racing, club racing and private hire.
international_circuit_final_white_bg_press.jpg

EAST & WEST 3.93km & 3.41km
As it includes the main pit straight, the 3.41km West circuit is used for most short track events including club racing, testing, sprints, cruising events and driver/rider training.

With its own, smaller pit building, the 3.93km East Circuit can be run independently from the West Circuit. This configuration will be suitable for driver/rider training, drifting, testing, club days and private days.

east_and_west_final_white_bg_press.jpg

Is it me or does this look like a terrible knockoff of Brands Hatch?

My first thought as well when I saw it. But actually driving it in rFactor, it's nothing alike as die996 has said.

It's just like how Gran Turismo's High Speed Ring looks like 80s Fuji and Deep Forest looks like Green Forest Roadway, but they drove nothing alike :P

Last edited:
Gore Basin Circuit, Isle of Wight.
arretonisleofwight_470.jpg4.jpg

Boy, what a sad story. Unsure if it ever made it digital but this motocross track was a total passion project and huge expense for the guy who carved it into the hills not five minutes drive from me. The track was beloved by all who rode it as well as spectators and it quickly became the darling of the MX calendar, hosting the final championship race in 2004. Despite its popularity and success, and the tourism it brought to our very tourism dependent economy, noise complaints from the nearby super-conservative, super elderly village of Arreton would see it closed the following year (several IOW councillors live in this village) before its legend could spread. Many british MxGp riders said it was the best track in the world. The site is now a biofuel facility, but the shape of the track and remains of its jumps were visible for years.

That was the last of motorsport here on the island. Support your local track.

When I saw highlights of the (then) FIA GT1 World Championship in the late 2000s, I was introduced to a venue called Portero de los Funes in Argentina. I was so fascinated about it when I saw it being raced. So that is really the only track I can think of as far as tracks not featured in a game. I did get that track as a mod track for GTR2. Other than that, I can't really think of many great actual race tracks to never be in any racing game.

When I saw highlights of the (then) FIA GT1 World Championship in the late 2000s, I was introduced to a venue called Portero de los Funes in Argentina. I was so fascinated about it when I saw it being raced. So that is really the only track I can think of as far as tracks not featured in a game. I did get that track as a mod track for GTR2. Other than that, I can't really think of many great actual race tracks to never be in any racing game.
It's on RIDE 1, for example. This has been said a few times in this topic.

When visiting this kind of topic, please read all/most of it before posting new stuff.

I love Buttonwilliow, ...Phil Hill and the medium to high speed Esses are some of my favorites. But I can't say with certainty that its not on some game.

Attachments

• BW 13.jpg
    BW 13.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 20
My nomination is Brainerd International Raceway (BIR)

09RoadCourseMap.jpg

Aerial.jpg

Opened in July 1968 and located in the lakes country of central Minnesota, this raceway park has hosted national competitions featuring The Sports Car Club of America (SCCA), the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA), and Trans Am. It is a fast paced track with virtually no elevation change, which allows cars to reach up to 180mph on it's longest straight.

Back