Go Behind the Scenes on iRacing's New Dynamic Damage Model

SHUT UP & TAKE MY MONEY! Where do I sign up? Absolutely astonishing! Puts BeamNG & Bugbear to shame imho, very realistic damage model, best I've ever seen. Also, no mention in the video of car manufacturers not allowing crash damage, unlike the BS we always get with game devs making racing games on consoles.

Last edited:
@winet to me its not important, I think this is aimed at the console players who think realistic damage is important, and I guess iRacing want some of that market too. They are working on AI too, so to me this says iRacing want to drag across some console players :nervous:.
I cant blame iRacing for this though, any new customer is a customer at the end of the day.

@winet to me its not important, I think this is aimed at the console players who think realistic damage is important, and I guess iRacing want some of that market too. They are working on AI too, so to me this says iRacing want to drag across some console players :nervous:.
I cant blame iRacing for this though, any new customer is a customer at the end of the day.
I own a half-decent PC (enough to play WreckFest with everything on HIGH) and I dislike online racing with a passion. I like to race with people that act like professionals and even SR-A servers in GT Sport show you that is not a realistic wish. I do not divebomb from 200m, I do not push people into the grass... I prefer to race a good AI than 95% of online players.

On second thoughts, I've never liked the subscription model in iRacing, & the SR system sounds like something I'd despise. Great damage, but I think I'll give it a miss.

@die996 You cant compare GTS and iRacing though.
Because iRacing is subscription based that automatically weeds out a few of the idiots, sure you will still find the odd few as you start in rookies but as you work your way up the ranks (and increase your own ratings) it gets better and better.
Also if you act like an idiot too often iRacing will just ban you from the service for a while, which is good because these guys soon get sick of wasting money on a game they cant play.

You say you want to race against people that act like professionals...iRacing probably has the largest player base of actual professional drivers. I have had races against guys like Will Power, several drivers from the Aussie V8 Supercars, and many others too.
iRacing is not really for the casual player, you do have to take it seriously, it's one of those things where you will only get the best out of it, if you put your best into it.

I have played all the major racing titles on PC and PS, a lot of the other titles are good games and offer there own different strengths etc and I enjoy them all for different reasons, but for me none of them compare to iRacing when it comes to online racing, none of them feel as real, as exciting and intense as the racing on iRacing.

Suppose some of what I've stated can reply to @VBR too. You do get what you pay for with iRacing, and a SR type system is coming to pretty much all racing games now, but if there is any company/game that I would trust to do it properly it would be iRacing.

@die996 · iRacing is subscription based that automatically weeds out a few of the idiots
· If you act like an idiot too often iRacing will just ban you from the service for a while
· iRacing probably has the largest player base of actual professional drivers
· iRacing is not really for the casual player, you do have to take it seriously
Try to explain this (segment starts at 51:40), go ahead and tell me why such an amazing ****-show would ever happen in the sacred world of iRacing.

Last edited:
@die996 That was some funny s**t :lol:
I cant explain that :confused: (mind you I was watching without audio because im at work and shouldn't even be doing this).
People are people at the end of the day, you cant control others reactions, but wouldn't mind betting some of them copped a bit of ban for those actions.
But if you looking for perfection you're not going to find it.

Edit:
@winet I not trying to sell anything, just stating my experiences from many years of sim racing.

Back