Forza Horizon 4 Had the Best Launch Sales of Any Racing Game in Xbox History

Being the 7th best selling game in September is a really impressive statistic. The game was only available for three days in early access and all sales counted were solely from the Ultimate Edition! :eek:

EDIT: Just discovered the September chart includes dates up to October 6th - Still an impressive feat nonetheless!

Being the 7th best selling game in September is a really impressive statistic. The game was only available for three days in early access and all sales counted were solely from the Ultimate Edition! :eek:

EDIT: Just discovered the September chart includes dates up to October 6th - Still an impressive feat nonetheless!

And it shows why releasing in September instead of October, where FH4 would have been up against BLOPS IV and RDR2 among other titans was a smart idea.

Well deserved indeed. Following the UK sales charts might be a bit biased this time around ;) but nevertheless, it is a hugely successful racing game all over the globe.

Is this article a jab at GT?

GT never was on Xbox...........

THE playground for everyone who like cars. Gt-s physics is a bad joke compared to horizon4.

Your comment confuses me,GT Sport and Horizon4 are in no way similar to each other one is a track racing sim and other one is a openworld racing game,with that logic why don't you compare IRacing to Horizon 4?Both are PC games

Guys I Hate Forza and i`m Not Interested Becuase I Love GT Sport ;).It Confuses,that GT Sport and Forza Horizon 4 Updates are Released.

Is this article a jab at GT?
No it isn`t Because GT and Forza aren`t the Same Racing Games

Last edited by a moderator:
GT never was on Xbox...........

No it isn`t Because GT and Forza aren`t the Same Racing Games
That was nothing more than an inside joke, of sorts :lol:

Your comment confuses me,GT Sport and Horizon4 are in no way similar to each other one is a track racing sim and other one is a openworld racing game,with that logic why don't you compare IRacing to Horizon 4?Both are PC games
Which is irrelevant when talking about the physics.

Not surprised, its the best Forza title since FM4. Even though it could do with some changes and improvements (certain car sounds, a proper lengthy drag strip, solo online adventure, etc) FH4 is the pinnacle of arcade racing games ATM.

4 is the magic number for the Forza franchise. If Playground Games are smart, they'll call the following instalment "Forza Horizon 4S". :cool:

Guess they should rebrand Forza as FOURza…………………………...... Okay, I'll shut up now.

Which is irrelevant when talking about the physics.

The ironic part to me is that.....yeah...actually if you're JUST looking at the physics, Forza and Gran Turismo aren't really that different. P-cars is pretty different, but Forza, GT and Assetto Corsa, even Rfactor 2 all have similar enough physics that it shouldn't take very much time to take 90 percent of what you've learned in one game and make use of it in another.

I grew up on Gran Turismo and the switch to forza from a physics perspective? Real, real easy.

The ironic part to me is that.....yeah...actually if you're JUST looking at the physics, Forza and Gran Turismo aren't really that different. P-cars is pretty different, but Forza, GT and Assetto Corsa, even Rfactor 2 all have similar enough physics that it shouldn't take very much time to take 90 percent of what you've learned in one game and make use of it in another.

I grew up on Gran Turismo and the switch to forza from a physics perspective? Real, real easy.
To be honest, if you're already well versed in one of these mid tier games, even the change to a higher-level sim can be relatively easy. The only thing I had to adjust to with Pcars was the actual steering sensitivity/optimization. Once I get around that the actual driving aspect of it is similar enough to where you can use what you've learned from the other games and it translates pretty well. That is, as long as you're aware of what is happening in the other games in the first place.

To be honest, if you're already well versed in one of these mid tier games, even the change to a higher-level sim can be relatively easy. The only thing I had to adjust to with Pcars was the actual steering sensitivity/optimization. Once I get around that the actual driving aspect of it is similar enough to where you can use what you've learned from the other games and it translates pretty well. That is, as long as you're aware of what is happening in the other games in the first place.

The big difference to me for P-cars is car behavior beyond the limit. PCars would (my opinion) feel fine as you approach the limits, but then fall on its face once you actually crossed those limits. To their credit, Pcars 2 allows you to poke around past the limits, but it still gets mad if you try and full on drift with any of the cars it hasn't designated as a drift car.

But if you're just racing? Yeah, it still feels slightly more different to me than the rest, but the fundamentals are all the same. We're spoiled right now, when i was a kid gran turismo was the only game with some sort of a semblance of real car handling. Now we have games with relatively realistic physics coming out our ears. It's a good time to be alive!

The thing I like about Forza's physics (and this carries over to an extent between both Forza games), is that the cars FEEL more different to me. You FEEL the weight of a muscle car when you throw it into corners, for example, more than the GT games I find.

It's difficult for me to really describe beyond just being a feeling. Perhaps the haptic feedback built into LT and RT on the Xbox controller helps with it.

Nothing can prepare you for PC2, and more so AC. Or should I say mechanical failures. It has its own learning curve. To this day I blow a trans every time i try to play AC, because my rev matching are off when downshifting. And the PC2 is like a racing rpg( pay att to track temps, easy on the brakes, dont keep the car revs high for long periods or you'll blow a rad, bring only the fuel you need, etc)

Give credit where it's due. Ijs..

Nothing can prepare you for PC2, and more so AC. Or should I say mechanical failures. It has its own learning curve. To this day I blow a trans every time i try to play AC, because my rev matching are off when downshifting. And the PC2 is like a racing rpg( pay att to track temps, easy on the brakes, dont keep the car revs high for long periods or you'll blow a rad, bring only the fuel you need, etc)

Give credit where it's due. Ijs..
I really don't believe that at all, A lot can prepare you for the game. Just because it has it's own certain mechanics that other games don't have doesn't mean you can't bring over what you learned about actual driving from other games. That you couldn't says absolutely nothing for anyone else. I've transitioned fairly well into any console racing game that I've tried so far, even if I did learn a few things while trying new games. If you understand how a car reacts, than you can definitely bring that knowledge over to other games.

No one is discrediting anything, so I really have absolutely no idea what you're getting on about.

Back