"Wrench", VR-Enabled Mechanic Simulator, Begins Early Access December 19

I was wondering what happened to this, I'm looking forward to trying it out with my (yet-to-be-received) Vive wireless adaptor!

Looks like a much nicer version of my summer car without the driving, beer drinkning and peeing on random stuff.

Been playing on and off the last few days. Enjoying it quite a lot, clearly early but has such high potential. I look forward to following it through it’s development.

Jay
Been playing on and off the last few days. Enjoying it quite a lot, clearly early but has such high potential. I look forward to following it through it’s development.

Are you doing VR or just using a keyboard/mouse? I want to pick it up but I'm worried at how clunky the keyboard/mouse combo might be.

Keyboard/Mouse. It is a bit clunky at first until you get used to it, improvements are on going on that behalf apparently.

Not sure how many people are playing this, but Wrench had a huge update released yesterday

Wrench Unlimited Updated

There's now more progression in the game with the introduction of money, XP, and content unlocked at various points. There are also some new add-ons too with the coolest ones being the Trackspeed Engineering turbo kit and Catfish CFR carbon fiber panels.

It all plays pretty good with a keyboard and mouse I'm finding, but I'm guessing with VR it would be amazing.

Can you drive the cars you build?

A good way to learn auto mechanics I guess.

Nope, you hire a driver to race your car for you and you do all the mechanical work. The racing is pretty simplistic, but it's getting an overhaul in the future.

This game looks interesting, but I’ve got my fair share of early access games so I might just keep tabs on it. I do enjoy the Car Mechanic simulator games on occasion so will probably enjoy this too.

Back