I Played iRacing With F1 Drivers Max Verstappen & Lando Norris

Max and Lando were just now in another practice session at Donington. They both ran 1:19.0 while i did 1:20.0.

Also seen Max last week in a session at Montreal. He topped that session with a 1:28.2 and i ran 1:29.2

within a second of 2 F1 drivers, cant complain there :lol::gtpflag:

Really awesome to share a track with these guys. Their talent is truly amazing !

This event had Team Redline written all over it! lol

Lando Norris and Max Verstappen are both part of the team, along with Atze Kerkhof, who goes by the name of TRL_EVOLUTION on PS.

Still, great to see them doing some cool advertising and publicity with stuff like this. Keep it up. :)

And @Jimmy B you need to come back next time and cream everybody by a country mile!:sly:
*Hears Shia LaBeouf motivational speech in background*

I wonder how realistic they think the game is. It's better to have opinions from real racers rather than your usual gamers who've probably never even driven a race car (let alone F1 ) in their life.

Meanwhile in the real world there is actual fear, greater levels of sensory perception and g-forces to contend with. Stick these guys in a real f1 car and see if they are anywhere near f1 levels.

I love my sim racing but it doesn't tax your mind the same as being actually on a track in any vehicle .

I wonder how realistic they think the game is. It's better to have opinions from real racers rather than your usual gamers who've probably never even driven a race car (let alone F1 ) in their life.

i had this video pop up on my YouTube recommendations. It's Lando showing off his home simulator, he seems to quite like iRacing. He probably has some of the best equipment money can buy, so that probably helps with the realism.

Meanwhile in the real world there is actual fear, greater levels of sensory perception and g-forces to contend with. Stick these guys in a real f1 car and see if they are anywhere near f1 levels.

I love my sim racing but it doesn't tax your mind the same as being actually on a track in any vehicle .

i think if you give some of these top level sim racers a decent amount of RL track time, they could definitely get themselves up there. These sim guys are fast because they know how to drive fast. I reckon it's the ability to mentally block the things you mention that make the difference, because really all these things are is just distractions, the theory of racing remains the same (in sim and RL) after these distractions are taken out the equation.
If a sim racer is able to hop into a race car and block the fear etc then I see no reason why they couldn't be a top level RL racer too. If you are successful in blocking these distractions then all you're really doing is sim racing in RL.
I guess this is where the pro's have the advantage though, as they have been practicing blocking these distractions for many many years.

Last edited:
@Jimmy B That was a great video. I was laughing and smiling with you. Listening to you get so excited. Then Lando spun and then Verstappen got Verstappened. Great fun!

i think if you give some of these top level sim racers a decent amount of RL track time, they could definitely get themselves up there. These sim guys are fast because they know how to drive fast. I reckon it's the ability to mentally block the things you mention that make the difference, because really all these things are is just distractions, the theory of racing remains the same (in sim and RL) after these distractions are taken out the equation.
If a sim racer is able to hop into a race car and block the fear etc then I see no reason why they couldn't be a top level RL racer too. If you are successful in blocking these distractions then all you're really doing is sim racing in RL.
I guess this is where the pro's have the advantage though, as they have been practicing blocking these distractions for many many years.
Though i agree mostly with what you said. I would like to add that driving a real car obviously is very different then driving a sim. The feeling of the car, the que's that tell you what is going on where you look for and respond to are very different. I believe the top guys will have decent pace when put in a real car with enough track time, especially when compared to lower level sim racers or people who havent done any sim racing. But they have a lifetime of RL experience they miss with the feeling and sensation of driving a real car. That is gonna be a big disadvantage wich i think wont be easy to overcome and is gonna make it very hard to compete with guys who have been in karts since they were little and have experience in driving real cars on tracks.

Back