The Unforgiving Bumps Of Sebring Took Their Toll

Real drivers remove their thumbs from the wheel before a crash to avoid injury. Used to see that a lot when I watched rallying regularly. I've always wondered how much torque it would take to break a human thumb, & whether or not DD wheels produced enough. Interesting that it was strong enough to injure you...

Some of you really really go far in setting your wheels ffb too strong regardless it's DD, and then things like this happen. Needless to say how unrealistic it is as well, given you seek realism, which is ironic.

Also, you should always either reduce wheel weight and effects strength to minimum levels or not use the wheel at all when you are still healing from any wrist/finger/hand injury, let alone for a six hours events.

The wheel is similar to what it would be in real life. I have no interest in cranking up the strength just for the sake of it (ignore 100% videos)

This is the first injury I've had with the wheel and it was down to the wheel reacting badly to a bug in the road surface... hardly something in my control. I did turn the wheel down from my usual ffb, but the reason I didn't go lower is because ALL my practice had been done on a specific setting. Changing it last minute would have had an adverse effect.

I just wish we could have Sebring in GT sport og project cars .
Sebring was one of the most requested tracks for project cars 2, if not the top in the list, but didn't eventually make it to the roster because of the hate somebody with outmost importance at sms profess to it.

He won't make the same mistake for pc3. I'm counting on it. This track under project cars 2 physics would have been a blast, and so it will in pc3 I'm sure.

or not use the wheel at all when you are still healing from any wrist/finger/hand injury, let alone for a six hours events.
To be fair, Jimmy is in his own specific (streaming) way some kind of a professional race driver and that means you don't just completely pause when it is possible to drive.

Jimmy, my favourite sim racing youtuber:P maybe you're paying for that video you made a while ago going around the schleiffe in the Nissan GT3 with 100% ffb. ;)

This is the first injury I've had with the wheel and it was down to the wheel reacting badly to a bug in the road surface...

That's extremely scary! You really have to trust a game to run with a wheel that can produce realistic levels of torque.

The wheel is similar to what it would be in real life. I have no interest in cranking up the strength just for the sake of it (ignore 100% videos)

This is the first injury I've had with the wheel and it was down to the wheel reacting badly to a bug in the road surface... hardly something in my control. I did turn the wheel down from my usual ffb, but the reason I didn't go lower is because ALL my practice had been done on a specific setting. Changing it last minute would have had an adverse effect.

You're the Man Jimmy... I find it funny that noobs on a GTPlanet are trying to give you advice on how to SimRace... Give me a break! You are my favorite SimRacer and I have watched almost all of your races, I have ZERO doubt you know EXACTLY what you are doing. Like I said... You The MAN.

Back