My Insane Interlagos Race Against Pro Drivers... and My Teammate

@Jimmy B, I have absolutely nothing against you, nor do I have anything against the content that you post, but promoting your channel really isn't newsworthy, is it?

Obviously I know that the folks moderating this site gave you permission to do so, but it just seems so glaring when you're viewing it alongside all of the other stuff on the newswire.

Again, nothing against you at all, but having to sift through your Youtube stuff to view important stuff for FH4 and GTS kinda gets a bit tedious after a while. I know I'm probably going to get some flak for this comment. Honestly, if it bothers anyone to the point of wanting to get verbally abusive towards myself, then just put me on your ignore list, because at the end of the day it is just my opinion after all.

Hot take: Jimmy's articles are far better than a majority of the car culture articles spammed nearly every day. It's nice to every once in a while read that glorious sim racing article because it always gives a feeling of what they had to go through in their own race, whereas it might be completely different from someone else's point of view in the very same race.

Hot take: Jimmy's articles are far better than a majority of the car culture articles spammed nearly every day. It's nice to every once in a while read that glorious sim racing article because it always gives a feeling of what they had to go through in their own race, whereas it might be completely different from someone else's point of view in the very same race.
I see where you're coming from, and I can definitely see why folks can find enjoyment in reading his stuff. I personally feel like he should have his own subforum here on GTP dedicated to his channel (maybe call it Jimmy's Corner?), and the same goes for all of the other non-news stuff on the Newswire.

Thanks for the feedback.

The purpose of these articles isn't to promote my channel (I like to think I was doing more than fine before GTPlanet) but to add a bit of insight into races and videos.

The articles take a lot of time to write and are meant to be used as follow on to videos on my channel whilst adding something extra for those who are interested. Usually I only include the video I'm referring to as reference.

I enjoy doing the race reports because it's a chance to relive the race whilst adding what was going through my brain during the more heated moments. However, if it's something that you don't enjoy watching/reading then by all means let me know.

Last edited:
It’s not really news though is it? At least with the car culture articles you might learn about something you didn’t know about previously.

From what I can tell these articles are just someone talking about an online race that they did and promoting their YouTube channel in the process.

I have nothing against anyone talking about their online racing experiences and even promoting their channel in the process, but it should be done on the forums and not on the front page of the site alongside actual news posts in my opinion.

In the end I just don’t get why @Jimmy B gets special treatment to plaster his channel on the front page of the site.

Thanks for the feedback.

The purpose of these articles isn't to promote my channel (I like to think I was doing more than fine before GTPlanet) but to add a bit of insight into races and videos.

The articles take a lot of time to write and are meant to be used as supplement to videos on my channel whilst adding something extra for those who are interested. Usually I only include the video I'm referring to as reference.

I enjoy doing the race reports because it's a chance to relive the race whilst adding what was going through my brain during the more heated moments. However, if it's something that you don't enjoy watching/reading then by all means let me know.
As I said, it's absolutely nothing against you my friend. If it came off as a personal attack then I wholeheartedly apologize. I feel like you should have your own subforum dedicated to your Channel (Jimmy's Corner?), but it's just my opinion at the end of the day. Obviously if putting your stuff on the newswire is what the majority here likes, then who am I to stop it? 👍

No one was suggesting you are promoting your channel because it needs it. It has to do with the fact that most of the articles you write are about your experience in a particular game or car. Why not write a regular article about any other motorsport related news like the other writers? I think that's what he was getting at.

@Jimmy B reading your articles inspired me to make the move from gtsport on to iracing 👍 i'd been thinking of it for a while. They're well written and exciting to read. Keep it up :cheers:

Loads of people promote their channels on gtp.

He is, he's giving us a insight into his experience of racing.
Keyword: his.

It's subjective. Let's see him write a generic article on a GTSport update or something. Im not saying hes bad at what he does but lets see him do other stuff too

Keyword: his.

It's subjective. Let's see him write a generic article on a GTSport update or something. Im not saying hes bad at what he does but lets see him do other stuff too

I'm not interested in writing about updates tbh. My goal is to try and bring more PC sim racing to GTP given that a lot of people use games like GTS and FM7 as a stepping stone to the more hardcore simulators. I think there are plenty of other writers doing what you've suggested :)

I'm not interested in writing about updates tbh. My goal is to try and bring more PC sim racing to GTP given that a lot of people use games like GTS and FM7 as a stepping stone to the more hardcore simulators. I think there are plenty of other writers doing what you've suggested :)
It was just an example Jimmy. Are there things you can write about iRacing that are objectively fact/news based or are you just here to talk about your own experience? I'm not knocking what you do or speaking anything of the quality of which is above average to be honest. I just wish you might branch out a little bit. Thanks for replying at least :)

How about an article about iracing that let's people know the in's and out's. Kinda of a beginner's guide or low down on what's available. And have it pinned

That's a really good idea.

And i really dontd understand why all the buzz about this article, i mean... Just don't read it.

I really don't get the backlash on this.

Here's a guy who is well into sim-racing, makes videos about it, writes entertainingly and cohesively about it, and is a commentator (a damned good one at that) on the GTS events, which are quite frankly the biggest E-sport sim-racing events so far.

You guys get the benefit of that for free, if you want it. What the hell is the problem if he gets a few more subs on his you tube channel as a result - everybody's got to make a living somewhere along the line, and if @Jimmy B can do that with sim-racing, and providing content thereof, then I doff my cap at him.

@Jimmy B keep it up, I'm not an iRacing guy - never will be, but I really enjoy your insights into the whole sim-racing scene.

Last edited:
Back