Five Things That Need to Be Better in Dirt Rally 2.0

Agreed on all counts. How amazing would it be if the implemented Dirt 4's "Your Stage" Along side the handcrafted ones?
Defiantly hoping they improve feedback for wheel users too. It's frustratingly numb especially when Asetto has spoiled you haha.

Agreed on all counts. How amazing would it be if the implemented Dirt 4's "Your Stage" Along side the handcrafted ones?
Defiantly hoping they improve feedback for wheel users too. It's frustratingly numb especially when Asetto has spoiled you haha.

I disagree. The handcrafted stages would make the generated ones look unfinished. O wouldn't say no if it was offered but it's not something I would be in a rush for them implement.

As far as tarmac experience goes. Maybe they should just go with no tarmac stages? lol

The game looks incredible at 4K, shame there isn't a photomode to take advantage of it. Here is an in-game still I captured (Xbox One X)
full

Throw in some after effects like motion blur, DoF and other post-processing goodies and you could easily end up with photorealistic shots.

Oh boy ! The tarmac strange physics is still here !!!!

I predict a physics update that will destroy the FFB...

Anyone else think it would be a cool touch if the co-driver actually felt like hes sitting in the car next to you. I mean if you roll the car or go off the track or dont pay attention he just goes quiet then continues like nothing. I remember in the old WRC PS2 games the co-driver would say things like "are you ok?" after smashing or if you go off the course he would say "what are you doing?". this completely lacks that. DiRT 4 kinda had small chatter at the beginning or end of a stage which made it feel more like you were a team.

Anyone else think it would be a cool touch if the co-driver actually felt like hes sitting in the car next to you. I mean if you roll the car or go off the track or dont pay attention he just goes quiet then continues like nothing. I remember in the old WRC PS2 games the co-driver would say things like "are you ok?" after smashing or if you go off the course he would say "what are you doing?". this completely lacks that. DiRT 4 kinda had small chatter at the beginning or end of a stage which made it feel more like you were a team.

One quirk the Co-driver in Rally 2.0 has is that the tone of the pace notes changes depending on how erratic your driving is - there are three tones if I remember correctly. My main motivation to go fast is to hear Phil Mills' "I'm :censored:ing bricks" voice. :lol:

Of the shortcomings I would note:
-For deprivation of SS from the first part, I can not forgive the departure of Monte Carlo;
-the image from the cabin has not improved, the overall super-saturation of the picture is not everyone likes, reflections in the puddles are good, but the overall lighting in the WRC 7 is more beautiful;
- Graphic transcript with small digits of turning graduation - extremely unsuccessful solution;
- no Pike Peak;
- night races in the showers from the cockpit will lead to hysterics, even phlegmatic;

From the positive:
- the game in the choice of rubber composition;
- Improved graphics;
- length of SS

My hope is that Codemasters supports DR2.0 for multiple years and slowly build up the available locations, stages and cars. What I fear is 6 months of content drops and updates then stop. Announce D5, repeat

One quirk the Co-driver in Rally 2.0 has is that the tone of the pace notes changes depending on how erratic your driving is - there are three tones if I remember correctly. My main motivation to go fast is to hear Phil Mills' "I'm :censored:ing bricks" voice. :lol:

haha yeah I guess there is that aspect of it I do like.

I miss the quirky lines from DiRT 3, where you'd suffer a particularly rough jump or rollover and the co driver would say something like "I shouldnt have eaten so much!" Or "I think I'm still alive!" :lol:

My top ‘need to be better’ would absolutely be surface force feedback. I just played some Dirt Rally to compare and sure enough there was plenty of road feel in that game.

A very interesting quirk is that the german version features only a female co-driver. I think she is a real-life co-driver just like the guy from the english version, but i dont know her name.

Wow these stages are brilliant...until I found there's only 2 original per country.
As much as I respect Phil Mills he can come over quite flat and the notes blend together,Paul Coleman preferred.
It's sorta like Dirt 4, Good to play occasionally but doesn't have the addictive qualities Dirt Rally has.
Got to pay for the rest....NO.
Finally I would like to point out how all these youtubers gushed over this before the general release and now point out it's faults.$100 lesson learnt.Thanks jimmy.

Last edited:
I haven’t even played this yet and predicted all five of these things. Still a must buy for Rally fans though. I’ve got my copy ready for today.

The other thing that will need improved is ongoing support after 6 months time, but not holding my breath. Two new Rally locations, maybe another RX track, but that’s probably all we’ll get.

I would add to this unrealistic time when you drive the stages and the weather.

I was driving Rally Cross a lot and I have like 80% rain or wet conditions vs 20% clear weather.
In Rally Stages the weather is like 40% night vs 60% day and 60% rain or wet vs 40% sunny.

I'm in PRO Career now and never driven in a sunny weather in New Zeland which is strange compared to real life rally in this country when almost every time there is very sunny.

With its current state and situation I am actually very glad I did hold off and managed to not give in 👍

I'm quite pleased that I've held off too. The limited edition tin almost had me a few times though! I look forward to playing this... next year :)

With its current state and situation I am actually very glad I did hold off and managed to not give in 👍
I'm quite pleased that I've held off too. The limited edition tin almost had me a few times though! I look forward to playing this... next year :)

Well, to be fair you guys are really only hearing from the complainers. Most of us are out there racing it and having a blast. That's not to say that there are not issues to be worked out, I simply would rather be racing now and waiting for them to be fixed than not.

Well, to be fair you guys are really only hearing from the complainers. Most of us are out there racing it and having a blast. That's not to say that there are not issues to be worked out, I simply would rather be racing now and waiting for them to be fixed than not.

Yeah mate that's cool, each to their own & all that. The other big reason for me is that I have a stack of racing games lined up, so I can wait :)

To me the tarmac behavior feels more accurate compared to the first game. I suspect the floaty sensation comes down to the poor feedback through the controller, which needs to be addressed.

This onboard footage from the WRC shows that car behavior on tarmac is very close to the game. I'm aware that watching footage does not answer for the hands-on sensations felt in the game, but the way the car grips and loses traction is not far off between reality and game. The room for improvement was in my opinion more evident in the old game.

Despite any negatives I have zero regrets buying this game, purchased the deluxe version and really looking forward to the DLC arriving over the months to come. I'm having an absolute blast playing 2.0, it's an improvement over the original and that's good enough for me.

Despite any negatives I have zero regrets buying this game, purchased the deluxe version and really looking forward to the DLC arriving over the months to come. I'm having an absolute blast playing 2.0, it's an improvement over the original and that's good enough for me.
Yep, completely agree and after loading Jon Armstrong's settings into the G29 the FFB is decent, all I'm wishing for now is PSVR support and extra content, but regardless it feels amazing to drive real stages again on local roads, NZ and AU. Heaps of fun and puts a 'smile on the dial' everytime.

Back