Godzilla is Here! Assetto Corsa Competizione Nissan GT-R GT3 First Impressions

Just driven two 30m races in a row in the 2018 GTR at Monza - just like @Corsa says, you can't get out of it! Only other car I've driven at Monza is the Huracan and that was for about 3 laps, then back to the GTR!

Helicorsa as standard to avoid incidents with the AI is an excellent addition. Great video as always Jimmy!

Funny how it sponsors another racing title :cheers:

If RF2 or R3E were sponsoring a race car in the Blancpain serie, they would also see their livery in the game. All the details in ACC are very close to what the serie is IRL, real livery, real drivers name, it is quite an experience.
Gran Turismo deserve to be there as they are a great supporter of the real racing community.

@Corsa it is nice to see driver like you who appreciate good simulation, appreciate ACC, I think it is very promising. I hope other developer in the SIM community, will adopt the formula and give us the opportunity to enjoy a real racing serie in a much details as possible. I think it will be the winning formula of the future instead of offering a little bit of everything and let us, SIM driver, try to put something interesting to race with.

If RF2 or R3E were sponsoring a race car in the Blancpain serie, they would also see their livery in the game. All the details in ACC are very close to what the serie is IRL, real livery, real drivers name, it is quite an experience.
Gran Turismo deserve to be there as they are a great supporter of the real racing community.

@Corsa it is nice to see driver like you who appreciate good simulation, appreciate ACC, I think it is very promising. I hope other developer in the SIM community, will adopt the formula and give us the opportunity to enjoy a real racing serie in a much details as possible. I think it will be the winning formula of the future instead of offering a little bit of everything and let us, SIM driver, try to put something interesting to race with.

The Nissan and Jag really stand out to me.
It was also the way Kunos has designed the rating system.
vOoQXux.png

It is very addicting to push yourself and watch your ratings improve each lap.
This needs to be the new standard with racing sims going forward and I applaud Kevin for it's fantastic design.

Edit: Another fun challenge that is tough is the Superpole Events.
You have only two timed laps, your fastest is recorded to the leaderboard.
Out lap to warm your tires and brakes, then you have to nail your flying lap!

Last edited:
Cheers Jimmy!

Not played this, but it looks ace - I love the SEGA-style blue skies, looks very old-school arcadey somehow.

That feels so strange with no bridge. That will really force you to pay attention to the brake markers.

Because they are on the wall, I've always used the braking markers as a point of reference. I didn't notice the bridge was gone until I seen a YouTube video about ver 0.6. The video author complained about the bridge missing. I couldnt believe I missed that major detail. LOL

What I find funny is Kunos modelled the GT Sport livery, has GT Academy drivers selectable and the latest GT-R GT3 and we are still stuck with the old 2015 GT-R GT3 in GT Sport :lol:

The Nissan and Jag really stand out to me.
It was also the way Kunos has designed the rating system.
View attachment 804960
It is very addicting to push yourself and watch your ratings improve each lap.
This needs to be the new standard with racing sims going forward and I applaud Kevin for it's fantastic design.

Edit: Another fun challenge that is tough is the Superpole Events.
You have only two timed laps, your fastest is recorded to the leaderboard.
Out lap to warm your tires and brakes, then you have to nail your flying lap!

I agree the driver rating system is very well thought out and probably one of the best out there. As always though, these things only work if the userbase is large enough to allow you to find a good match online.

Before this update I had good ratings for TR, CN and CC (hovering low 90s in all three), but the update resets everything :grumpy: I understand it's because they made changes to the rating evaluation but it kinda put me off working my way up again at least until the full game, just in case it gets reset again. Also, I hope PC doesn't get reset with each new event like it does now. You don't suddenly lose all your speed just because a new race comes up :lol: Unfortunately because my machine is not strong enough for multi car racing I won't be able to get SA/RC/CP. So ACC will be primarily an offline hotlap simulator for me.

Back