First News on the Next Forza Motorsport Coming May 7

Ooohhh boy!! I look forward to hearing about the next Forza!
I'm surprised that I'm excited by it, too. I was on the fence about getting 7, especially after being underwhelmed by 5 and 6. And for the first few months of 7, I was sure I made a mistake buying it. But the game kept getting better, they continued to support it and improve it, and I ended up enjoying the game quite a bit. I'm hoping that translates to 8 (or whatever they decide to call it.)

I'm holding off this time around. I was all in before in the past, but lately have felt a little underwhelmed. Almost want to start the generation off with a Playstation this time around, but it'll all depend on what happens closer to launch really.

I can see it, next years E3
4K60 HDR10+ 4xMSAA
fully dynamic tod & weather (with snow) on every track( outside fantasy tracks)
Ray tracing, better shaders, fully 3d trees and car details with Forzavista quality cars on track
Dirt racing with dynamic mud ( dynamic weather makes muddy terrain that affects the physics)
New physics that is more hardcore simulation than before
New damage simulation with falling parts and crash physics
New feedback on the new controller
New replay mode
E sports
500+ cars
25+ tracks
100+ bodykits
October 25 2020

I'm holding off this time around. I was all in before in the past, but lately have felt a little underwhelmed. Almost want to start the generation off with a Playstation this time around, but it'll all depend on what happens closer to launch really.

Yep, same. I've really enjoyed owning both consoles this generation, and I did the same thing the last one, though much, much later in the cycle. I went PS3 first then, and XB1 this time. More details will help make the decision for me, as there's just too much uncertainty this early on.

Not too sure about it.
Forza 6, I liked it.
Forza 7 meh.

I liked FM7 well enough at launch, but my in-game stats show I barely touched it compared to FM6. It's a much better game than it was at launch now. I think it needs more structure though, more incentive to actually drive all these diverse cars instead of simply collecting them.

I feel the same way. Having sided with Xbox through this generation and playing every Forza title, I almost feel burnt out by the Motorsport series and very much doubt I would buy Scarlett if the next Motorsport (and maybe next Horizon too) instalment makes the sort of incremental improvements the last two games did.

If I do end up getting a PS5 over the next Xbox, I don't plan on trading in my One X. I'm still very impressed by its performance and hope it receives first party support for (at least) another 3 years.

I'm surprised that I'm excited by it, too. I was on the fence about getting 7, especially after being underwhelmed by 5 and 6. And for the first few months of 7, I was sure I made a mistake buying it. But the game kept getting better, they continued to support it and improve it, and I ended up enjoying the game quite a bit. I'm hoping that translates to 8 (or whatever they decide to call it.)
I was the same as you. At launch I too felt I made a mistake and thought about wanting to move back to Gran Turismo (but later I knew GTS was just not my type of game), so I stuck around but started to feel disappointed, and became slightly sceptical for the future of Forza. This will soon change when Turn 10 started updating their game based on feedback, and I am grateful for that.

Because of that, hearing this news has me excited! I have faith that Turn 10 can get it right this time. 👍

Last edited:
4K60 HDR10+ 4xMSAA
Ray tracing, better shaders, fully 3d trees and car details with Forzavista quality cars on track
Dirt racing with dynamic mud ( dynamic weather makes muddy terrain that affects the physics)
New replay mode
E sports
500+ cars
25+ tracks
100+ bodykits
October 25 2020
On paper that sounds pretty good. Although with a new gen more than likely there will be some trimming of some content, but i do hope there will be more than 25 tracks. Should be in the neighborhood of 40 tracks at this point.

4K60 HDR10+ 4xMSAA
New replay mode
E sports
500+ cars
25+ tracks
100+ bodykits
October 25 2020

Damage simulation would be subject to negotiations with the car brands, many of whom don't want their cars crumpled up because of antiquated notions of how it would impact the perception of the safety of their cars.

Dynamic terrain deformation should definitely be doable though. Forza Horizon 4 already kinda-sorta does it, though it's cosmetic.

Damage simulation would be subject to negotiations with the car brands, many of whom don't want their cars crumpled up because of antiquated notions of how it would impact the perception of the safety of their cars.
Do we really know that for sure? I hear this all the time, but I've never seen it confirmed from an actual manufacturer.

My only hope is that they don't do another reset like they did between Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Motorsport 7.

The latter is a pretty robust game now with a large featureset, and if a lot of things carry over the next game will be much stronger at launch.

My only hope is that they don't do another reset like they did between Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Motorsport 7.

The latter is a pretty robust game now with a large featureset, and if a lot of things carry over the next game will be much stronger at launch.

I doubt they're starting over. For one, their car models shouldn't need to be completely redone this time, aside from maybe a pass to increase the LODs, and they've probably been creating original assets at 4K or higher quality for years now.

I also suspect part of the reason they've been able to justify yet another year of work on free updates for Forza 7, adding stuff like FRR, is because they know they can roll the code for these improvements forward into the next game, so it isn't really "lost time" they could be putting towards a sequel.

Frankly, I'd like to see them announce that the next Forza Motorsport is just going to be called "Forza", with no number, and it's going to become a platform that they simply add to over the entire next generation - maybe with paid "annual passes" or whatever, to justify giving up the biannual revenue stream of the old release schedule (what content you'd attach to that annual pass, I've not considered). In the era of focus on continuous revenue streams like Game Pass, I think an idea like this is now possible.

Introduce free "mega-updates" every couple of years to bolt on big new features or overhauls, and mixture of free and paid cars, new tracks, and make "Forza" the craziest, most all-encompassing motorsport game ever.

Well hang on...before any of that, what about expansion 2 for forza horizon 4? I feel it strange we still have zero information on it.

Well hang on...before any of that, what about expansion 2 for forza horizon 4? I feel it strange we still have zero information on it.
I don't think so. We know it will be introduced before the end of June. I think it makes sense to stretch it out a bit considering there will likely be two more years before the next Horizon.

Forza’s quality sucks. Sure the worlds look nice but the cars just look so.....fake :dopey:. Play GT sport for awhile and then grab the same car in forza 7 or horizon 4. It made forza a real turnoff for me. I own a 90 miata in real life and when i get one in Forza. Its a 90 with 94-97 interior. Like come on, at least do your research. Gt psp had better interior quality then forza 7 :D

Forza’s quality sucks. Sure the worlds look nice but the cars just look so.....fake :dopey:. Play GT sport for awhile and then grab the same car in forza 7 or horizon 4. It made forza a real turnoff for me. I own a 90 miata in real life and when i get one in Forza. Its a 90 with 94-97 interior. Like come on, at least do your research.

Okay, you're entitled to your opinion, but...

Gt psp had better interior quality then forza 7 :D

This is blatantly false. :odd:

Forza’s quality sucks. Sure the worlds look nice but the cars just look so.....fake
Saying it sucks is a massive exaggeration, even if it is your opinion. The difference is that Forza has a more balanced approach to game design where as GT has always had a high focus on visual fidelity over much else, basically to a fault, hindering other features in the process.

Gt psp had better interior quality then forza 7 :D
If you have to outright lie to try to make a point, than you likely never had one to begin with.

Forza’s quality sucks. Sure the worlds look nice but the cars just look so.....fake :dopey:. Play GT sport for awhile and then grab the same car in forza 7 or horizon 4. It made forza a real turnoff for me. I own a 90 miata in real life and when i get one in Forza. Its a 90 with 94-97 interior. Like come on, at least do your research. Gt psp had better interior quality then forza 7 :D

So on one side, Forza has 3-4X the number of cars of GT Sport. On the other side, the 1990 Mazda Miata has a 1994-97 interior.

Basically, it's a wash.

Hopefully the PC version's requirements won't be too high. I came to like Motorsport once again better than Horizon because the latter has so much locked stuff which is only available for a week's time or else it's "Cross your fingers for it to be offered again and notice you don't have the FP required for it." Anyways, I'm looking forward to it.

I agree GT Sport is the ultimate interior screen saver but everything else about it (apart from the online structure) abruptly stops after that for me.

Back