DiRT Rally 2.0 Version 1.3 Available: New Engine Audio, Liveries and Bug Fixes

Patch notes, courtesy of Jenny on the official Codemasters forums:

Hi!

DiRT Rally 2.0 v1.3 releases at 11am (BST) today, and with that, RaceNet will go down for maintenance, so please make sure you're not playing the game when 11am comes around, as it could compromise event times etc. being uploaded to the server. We're expecting RaceNet to be up and running by 12pm BST!

Here's what patch 1.3 contains:

- Grip and floating car issues off the starting line now resolved

- New achievements/trophies added for Season One: ‘On Thin Ice’ (Complete a clean stage in Monte Carlo), ‘Rock ‘n’ Roll’ (Drive 66km at Monte Carlo in the DS 21), ‘To all those who doubted...’ (Get a podium in the Citroën C4 Rally), ‘Kickin’ 80s Vibe’ (Complete your first Event in the BMW M1 Procar Rally)

- The achievement/trophy “Fire Up That Car... Again” has had its unlock criteria modified

- Prevention for audio cut-out improved

- Added Jon Armstrong’s 2019 Galway International Rally livery

- New engine audio for BMW M1 Procar and Peugeot 208 T16 R5

- Fixed non-English translations of in-game text

- Retiring no longer counts as completing the stage or event, and will no longer cause trophies to pop

- Returning to the service area in Rallycross Community Events or AI Challenges will take players to service area and not leave the event

- Spectating in bumper cam will now show other drivers in custom online events

- Improvements to co-driver calls in specific call outs, across multiple locations

- Leaderboards are now available after non-Time Trial races

- Improvements to visual quality on some cars

- Corner cuts across certain areas (reset lines and rough terrain) are now prevented

- Stability improvements throughout title

Noticed anything slip through the cracks? Let us know right here.

Thanks!

Jenny

Honest opinion all, does it feel better on a wheel?
Specifically Fanatec users.
I want to get it but the ffb talk is holding me back.

Honest opinion all, does it feel better on a wheel?
Specifically Fanatec users.
I want to get it but the ffb talk is holding me back.
I use csl elite base ,Ffb is still not great ,wait for patch is my advice,wish I'd listened to myself :lol:

I don't find the FFB to be that bad on a CSL Elite. A bit lighter than I'd like tbh, but still more than playable. But to your question "does it feel better on a wheel?" Yes, absolutely it does, even with FFB in its current form. No reason to wait IMO.

I don't find the FFB to be that bad on a CSL Elite. A bit lighter than I'd like tbh, but still more than playable. But to your question "does it feel better on a wheel?" Yes, absolutely it does, even with FFB in its current form. No reason to wait IMO.

Sorry I should of explained better, I picked it up on launch day then steam refunded it the same day as I could barely feel anything.

I also have the CSL thought maybe there was a ffb update out but if it hasn't came yet it probably won't.

Anybody played Sweden yet? Thoughts?

Obviously it's the same stages, but the graphics feel much improved - much less mirky, much more reflective snow glare - a bit more bumpy than I'd like but I'll trust the stagemakers there. The handing on the snow feels much better IMO, less slippy and more like the reported grip that spiked tyres are supposed to bring. Personally, I dislike the new, harder snow banks - I thought DR1's snowbanks were pretty much perfect (even though I absolutely sucked at them), but they have responded to community requests to make them a bit less 'magnetic'.

I just found out yesterday that they vary a lot in consistency too, so some are softer (snowy) and some are harder (icy) - the latter can be a right pain when you hit them. RGTs are my favourite class in game and they're just as terrifying here as anywhere else.

Sorry I should of explained better, I picked it up on launch day then steam refunded it the same day as I could barely feel anything.

I also have the CSL thought maybe there was a ffb update out but if it hasn't came yet it probably won't.
Yeah, I agree. I doubt we will see any real changes regarding that, but I could be wrong. It seems to have similar FFB as Dirt Rally (I'm on PS4 with my CSL Elite). So, I am happy with that, but I know there are a lot of complaints out there regarding the Thrustmaster wheels, etc.

Yeah, I agree. I doubt we will see any real changes regarding that, but I could be wrong. It seems to have similar FFB as Dirt Rally (I'm on PS4 with my CSL Elite). So, I am happy with that, but I know there are a lot of complaints out there regarding the Thrustmaster wheels, etc.

Do you get road surface feel FFB with the CSL Elite?
I’m on a G29 and I don’t get road feel like I did in DR. Will be upgrading to CSL Elite soon though.

I’m on a G29 and I don’t get road feel like I did in DR. Will be upgrading to CSL Elite soon though.
Yes, I believe so. If I recall correctly, DR 2.0 ffb feels similar to Dirt Rally using the CSL Elite. I will have to re-test it today to be sure. Perhaps my memory isn't as clear as I think, but off the top of my head I don't recall noticing any major differences.

The handing on the snow feels much better IMO, less slippy and more like the reported grip that spiked tyres are supposed to bring. Personally,
It's not just Sweeden but an overall grip improvement across all tyre compounds and surface overall, tarmac and gravel, as well as fixing all of the physics oddities that the bugged road mesh was causing before this patch. Some notorious glitched setup parameters that could literally destroy the handling of your car specially on RWD cars, differentials and wheel geometry mostly have been dealt with, as well as the overall car behaviour specially regarding those such as the Integrale.

Graphics have also been improved as well as performance.

This could be a perfect moment for those of you here who also inhabit the offical Codemasters forum to jump over there briefly and tell them not to touch anything regarding physics and handling after this 1.3 version; that they should now concentrate on adding content ONLY.

I'm most impressed with the current v.13 handling/physics of Dirt Rally (xbox1 controller here), and I think this that if they keep the handling as it is right now then we could very well be playing the best rally game ever physics wise. Being able in this version to throw those RWD regardless them eras into the corners, for then notice that all of your throttle and counter steering inputss are actually working as you would expect from their real counterparts, as well as being able to control them naturally (as you woudl expect too), is so much appreciated fun wise.

Thumbs up anyone for H2 RWD after 1.3?

Last edited:

To follow up on this point; I did retest this over the weekend. Honestly, I didn't notice much "road feedback" in my CSL Elite (PS4). There definitely is pronounced feedback when driving over the grates in the New Zealand course and some when going off road as well. Great feedback on those points, but in terms of feeling the general bumpiness in the roads, that is not there. FWIW, it seems the same on Dirt Rally on PS4, which is why I guess I never really noticed it. But I do see why some are complaining about this. It's still a great game on the CSL Elite, but it would be nice to have a little more feedback on these extremely bumpy roads!

Back