Latest WRC 8 Preview Video Shows off Rally Argentina

Looks promising. Really makes me appreciate DiRT's through-recorded pacenotes, though, which are vastly superior to the monotone, robotic, canned pace notes used in this and every other rally game.

Minor correction: Alpine A110. Alpine is a French car maker, Alpina is a BMW tuner.

Looking good. Which brings up the question; are the weather changes going to be completely random or are they preset, meaning if you get a stage with rain in the forecast it always changes at the same point during the run.

Looks promising. Really makes me appreciate DiRT's through-recorded pacenotes, though, which are vastly superior to the monotone, robotic, canned pace notes used in this and every other rally game.

Minor correction: Alpine A110. Alpine is a French car maker, Alpina is a BMW tuner.
If you think that robotic, wait until you hear one in the previous WRC games.

Looking good. Which brings up the question; are the weather changes going to be completely random or are they preset, meaning if you get a stage with rain in the forecast it always changes at the same point during the run.

It was mentioned in the live stream community day.

What we know from that is that the weather is dynamic, and not scripted.

The chance of rain is based on the real rally's weather pattern. For example, there is more chance of rain in Wales than in Mexico.

The forecasts in the service park can be wrong.

It will be interesting to see how it all comes together as it could make tire choices critical.

It also looks like tire wear is dynamic and individually modeled on each of the four wheels.

While I hope this isn't exactly what the final game will be like, this is quite a good start.

The co-driver is a main complaint of mine. His voice really just does sound a bit strange, like a wartime radio host.
However, the calls are clear so I'm sure I'd eventually get over the humorous choice of co-driver.

I've also seem some people complain about the co-driver being robotic. While this is true, it's not something they can exactly help. DR 2.0 is able to get "authentic" pacenotes but this is because of the limited amount of stages. WRC 8 meanwhile has over 100+ stages, so I'm not sure they'd have the time to go through every single one with a DR 2.0 style system.

The car sound is... Eh, not bad but not something to rave about either. It's a bit weird how it sounds the same everywhere with the same amount of volume but I presume this is just a WIP thing.

No comment on the physics as it's hard to judge them from a single video.

Overall, I have a feeling this will be a fun rally title. As long as the FFB is decent and the PC port is good, I'll definitely buy it for sure. DiRT Rally 2.0 needs some proper competition and I hope this game will be it. :)

The car sound is poor currently and the co-driver is disappointing. Hopefully these change for release as the rest looks really quite nice.

That stage is so intense as looks like it is set on Mars.

Back